ADVERTISEMENT

Gaetz, 10 others introduce ‘Ukraine Fatigue’ resolution calling for end to U.S. aid

cigaretteman

HR King
May 29, 2001
Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who wants the United States to halt additional military and financial aid to Ukraine as it battles invading Russian forces, led a group of 11 lawmakers in introducing a “Ukraine Fatigue” resolution.
The resolution demands that the United States end its military support for Ukraine and urges “all combatants to reach a peace agreement,” according to a statement from Gaetz’s office. The United States has provided more than $24.2 billion to Ukraine “since the beginning of Russia’s unprovoked and brutal invasion on February 24,” the Pentagon has said.
Gaetz and other extreme-right Republicans have criticized the continuing support for Ukraine. And while House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) hasn’t weighed in on Gaetz’s latest resolution, he suggested last year that if Republicans won the House, there would no longer be a “blank check.”
Co-sponsors of Gaetz’s resolution include Reps. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), Paul A. Gosar (R-Ariz.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Thomas Massie (R-Ky.). All except for Boebert voted in April against expediting Ukraine aid, which led Democrats to call them the “Putin Caucus,” a reference to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

• Angry
Reactions: Torg and Moral
Meaningless proposal at this point. Based on the trickle of aid approach being used by Biden to draw things out, the best possible case is to put general earmarks and limits on aid, and some accountability. I hate throwing good money after bad, but Ukraine still has a chance to win. What I hope doesn't happen is the US pays for rebuilding Ukraine.

Um, no. They don't call it the Putin Caucus for nothing, comrade.
Where is the line on how much we give before we make other people start answering the call?

A trillion dollars?

2 years ago every lefty rag in the world was calling Ukraine racist and corrupt, now silence.

What was the deal with Ukraine walking out a bunch of its government officials?

There is a sign in Yellowstone national park that says " don't feed the bears, they will forget how to feed themselves" Europe is a bear in this example. They need to come up with some answers themselves.

Where is the line on how much we give before we make other people start answering the call?

A trillion dollars?

2 years ago every lefty rag in the world was calling Ukraine racist and corrupt, now silence.

There is a sign in Yellowstone national park that says " don't feed the bears, they will forget how to feed themselves" Europe is a bear in this example. They need to come up with some answers themselves.
With all due respect, you should really refrain from trying to weigh in on global politics. Because you are woefully ignorant.

A trillion dollars?

Link on every lefty rag?

Reactions: Torg and DFSNOLE
You want all of Europe to be Russia? Do you know the term lebensraum? You should look that up.
No. I want us to have an exit strategy so that we don't end up sending billions of dollars worth of shit to thr other side of the globe for the next 20 years only to inevitably end up sending our boys.

See the middle east.

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), who wants the United States to halt additional military and financial aid to Ukraine as it battles invading Russian forces, led a group of 11 lawmakers in introducing a “Ukraine Fatigue” resolution.
The resolution demands that the United States end its military support for Ukraine and urges “all combatants to reach a peace agreement,” according to a statement from Gaetz’s office. The United States has provided more than $24.2 billion to Ukraine “since the beginning of Russia’s unprovoked and brutal invasion on February 24,” the Pentagon has said.
Gaetz and other extreme-right Republicans have criticized the continuing support for Ukraine. And while House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) hasn’t weighed in on Gaetz’s latest resolution, he suggested last year that if Republicans won the House, there would no longer be a “blank check.”
Co-sponsors of Gaetz’s resolution include Reps. Andy Biggs (R-Ariz.), Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), Paul A. Gosar (R-Ariz.), Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) and Thomas Massie (R-Ky.). All except for Boebert voted in April against expediting Ukraine aid, which led Democrats to call them the “Putin Caucus,” a reference to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

What we really need is a Gaetz Fatigue resolution, and a few others.

No. I want us to have an exit strategy so that we don't end up sending billions of dollars worth of shit to thr other side of the globe for the next 20 years only to inevitably end up sending our boys.

See the middle east.
Again, you are speaking from a position of ignorance.

There are - literally - several HUNDRED links in the Ukraine war thread on this site you could use to inform yourself better. I'd recommend you stop posting on this issue until you are up to speed to avoid looking dumb. Speaking as a friend.

Again, you are speaking from a position of ignorance.

There are - literally - several HUNDRED links in the Ukraine war thread on this site you could use to inform yourself better. I'd recommend you stop posting on this issue until you are up to speed to avoid looking dumb. Speaking as a friend.
To what end torbs? I'm not saying we shouldn't do what we are doing, I'm saying we need an exit strategy.

To what end torbs? I'm not saying we shouldn't do what we are doing, I'm saying we need an exit strategy.
There are about 100 reasons why talk of an "exit strategy" is premature. And again, on this very site there is a lengthy and informative number of links to very smart, legitimate sources that can explain why. I urge you take advantage.

Reactions: Torg and fsu1jreed
We're spending a TINY FRACTION of our overall military budget (MOSTLY outdated equipment/arms) to entirely destroy the army of our geopolitical rival.

It's a BARGAIN.
And 30 seconds later you will be bitching about how much we spend. As if this isn't going to be the next reason we decide to spend a shit ton more money.

Send them all the old shit.. what's the plan for not being there in 2024?

And 30 seconds later you will be bitching about how much we spend. As if this isn't going to be the next reason we decide to spend a shit ton more money.

Send them all the old shit.. what's the plan for not being there in 2024?
WDDT is just fooling with you guys. His outrage is performance. I refuse to believe that an American could be this horrible.

Impossible.

We're spending a TINY FRACTION of our overall military budget (MOSTLY outdated equipment/arms) to entirely destroy the army of our geopolitical rival.

It's a BARGAIN.
This is exactly right. There are two large geopolitical threats to the USA. For a very small fraction of our total defense budget we are neutering one of them and almost assuredly causing the other to think twice on Taiwan. This is the greatest military ROI in generations.

Now I do agree we spend too much on defense. This effort is actually proving that there can be lower cost ways to achieving our geopolitical aims. There are plenty of areas in our defense spending we should scrutinize.

Man, it's almost like I have to say I think what we have done so far is good but we need to have an exit strategy on every post.

The exit strategy is russia out of UKR territory. Any thing less than that and we will be spending far more money in the not too distant future when Putin or his successor invade additional parts of UKR or another one of their neighbors.

Man, it's almost like I have to say I think what we have done so far is good but we need to have an exit strategy on every post.
It would be more informative for you to contemplate why you are in agreement with Matt Gaetz.

Frankly, that should terrify you.

The man is a moron. And a pervert. And a traitor to his country.

The exit strategy is russia out of UKR territory. Any thing less than that and we will be spending far more money in the not too distant future when Putin or his successor invade additional parts of UKR or another one of their neighbors.
Or attack a NATO member like one of the Baltic states or Poland, necessitating ACTUAL boots on the ground, which WDDT claims to be against. As mentioned, there are MANY, MANY links from smart people regarding this issue in the 1,000-page war thread.

It would be more informative for you to contemplate why you are in agreement with Matt Gaetz.

Frankly, that should terrify you.

The man is a moron. And a pervert. And a traitor to his country.
1c41e4f5-197e-40a7-8a88-7bec98240c11_text.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ItsinourDNA

It's a BARGAIN.
Is it coming out of the military budget? I'm asking. I don't know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT