ADVERTISEMENT

Gallup: Record high 43% identify as Independent, 27% R, 27% D

People want to act like they're above the fray. They're not, but this is one way to put on the act.

People want to act like they're above the fray. They're not, but this is one way to put on the act.
What act is that?

I've been and Independent most of my adult life. My ideology doesn't align with either party. I try to vote for people that I think can provide some leadership (which means I've had to hold my nose when voting),

I think people that defend every action of their chosen party and attack the other party for silly stuff are the ones putting on an act. These people are politicians, not family.

What act is that?

I've been and Independent most of my adult life. My ideology doesn't align with either party. I try to vote for people that I think can provide some leadership (which means I've had to hold my nose when voting),

I think people that defend every action of their chosen party and attack the other party for silly stuff are the ones putting on an act. These people are politicians, not family.

I agree with your second paragraph.

But everyone, overall, leans one way.

Reactions: Hawk_4shur
What act is that?

Ditto. I’m an independent looking for …

1) results not rhetoric
2) leaner government with less wasteful spending
3) leave me the fuq alone (you live your life, I will live mine)

I agree with your second paragraph.

But everyone, overall, leans one way.
Sure, for years I voted GOP. Lately I've voted Dem.

The parties are embarrassing - I'd rather be an independent and vote for the person I think can do the job. But now the job of every politician is to gain power. I don't think that's supposed to be the job.

Reactions: hawkeye54545
I'm not surprised. In the age of social media I think people see Democrats and Republicans like Chis and Northern who speak the loudest.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT