ADVERTISEMENT

Gamestop

Silver stocks down a lot just before the open. Looks like the reddit crowd has either lost faith, or lost so much money on GME and AMC they don't have anything to invest in silver.

Reactions: ghost80
The argument is that Gamestop can/will pivot their business model to mostly online sales. Chewy has a market cap of $40 billion selling dog food online. You don't think Gamestop can do the same thing with video games?

The difficulty will be how to get in the middle of that.
They’re not a producer or publisher like Valve was before creating their online game store Steam.
Are Microsoft or Sony interested in making them a middleman when they can sell directly to the consumer via the device?
MS apparently allows people on their service to pay $10 a month to access legacy titles.
World changed from the days you got your games at Babbages in the mall. Future for the company certainly seems grim.

Silver stocks down a lot just before the open. Looks like the reddit crowd has either lost faith, or lost so much money on GME and AMC they don't have anything to invest in silver.

WSB posters say silver is a distraction and not to fall for it.

The argument is that Gamestop can/will pivot their business model to mostly online sales. Chewy has a market cap of $40 billion selling dog food online. You don't think Gamestop can do the same thing with video games?

In the future will dog food be digitally transferred into your dogs stomach? Because video games will be sold electronically on the Sony and Microsoft game stores and sent to a hard drive. Physical games are going away. There will be hardware but how would Gamestop be more competitive at selling hardware online than Amazon, Target and WalMart?

Reactions: NDallasRuss
Sales of what, though? People download games now, so there's not going to be a secondary market for used games. They're not going to make enough off the weird funko figures to support company selling them. Are sales of gaming consoles and controllers going to be enough to keep them going?

Reactions: ChrisVarick
Sales of what, though? People download games now, so there's not going to be a secondary market for used games. They're not going to make enough off the weird funko figures to support company selling them. Are sales of gaming consoles and controllers going to be enough to keep them going?

Maybe if physical video game discs become the trading cards of the future. Gamestop is sitting on about 20,000 copies of NBA2k18. Very few in mint condition though.

Games are all digital downloads now, mostly. But, they are more expensive than before. Or, they are subscription based- at least on Xbox through Game Pass which now includes EA stuff.

I don't know if there's a market for game rentals anymore, with physical discs.

Netflix started out as a DVD mail rental company. I guess they beat blockbuster to the punch and was able to evolve into what they are now.
Netflix guy started that whole idea over angst at late fees when a dvd fell between the seats of his car. He tried selling his company to Blockbuster in the early stages and they laughed at him. Cool story if you read about it.

The stock does not have it's own natural growth. It is a failed mall retailer that is in the business (physical games) that will not even exist in 2-4 years.
I assume you skipped the first 27 pages of this thread?

Roaring Kitty was 100% correct on his thesis. It's more intricate than you think. Combine the (slight growth) with the powder keg of an extremely shorted stock, and here we are.

Last edited:
Netflix guy started that whole idea over angst at late fees when a dvd fell between the seats of his car. He tried selling his company to Blockbuster in the early stages and they laughed at him. Cool story if you read about it.

Yep, for only 50 million.

Retro consoles, gaming accessories, etc?

It's highly shorted, first of all. They got killed by the pandemic of course, but their financials aren't that bad, and you'd think they'd be in good shape once the pandemic is over. And like most of these YOLO stocks, they aren't trading at an all time high by many multiples. They are at $21 now, and were in the $40s in 2019.

Compared to all the other WSB meme stocks, I think they're a pretty decent investment anyway, but I feel it should be red meat once it coalesces enough momentum on WSB to grab some attention. I've been watching over the past week pretty heavily on WSB and trying to catch the zeitgeist on the way up, and this one seems like it should catch. I'm way up since I got in, but it hasn't gone exponential yet. It might not, but it seems like it's right there to pop.

I've YOLO'd a lot of my gains into it so that if it does go exponential, I might end up with something that actually changes things a bit for me. Not retire tomorrow money, but something that seriously shows up when I look at my retirement accounts.

This one isn't working out so far for me. I'm down 42% since you told us it was a sure thing. I need to vet my financial advisors a bit better.

Sure you can, you just do it byte by byte. (rimshot)

I'll be here all week. Try the fish.
200.gif

Isn't that already being done?

The platforms the retailers used curtailed their ability buy. What more do you need to do in order to kill a rally?

No doubt. Then manipulate so the stock crashes and fear will quickly set in new investors. Heck, seasoned ones as well. This one wreaks of manipulation. But, in a week, it will all be swept under the rug and business as usual.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT