ADVERTISEMENT

Gamestop

Better question, is the exchange going to step in and halt trading as the stocks freefall out of control? Are the trading platforms going to limit sell orders to 1 share only but allow unlimited buy orders? Seem to remember some of that going on last week (in the reverse) when the stock was shooting up. Wondering if the same measures will be taken in the freefall.

Better question, is the exchange going to step in and halt trading as the stocks freefall out of control? Are the trading platforms going to limit sell orders to 1 share only but allow unlimited buy orders? Seem to remember some of that going on last week (in the reverse) when the stock was shooting up. Wondering if the same measures will be taken in the freefall.

Limits a couple of days ago were because of capital requirements.

Absolutely not. Like I said, corruption and manipulation right in front of everyone’s face. Yet, absolutely nothing will be done about it.

"Portnoy has just two rules: 1. Stocks only go up. 2. When in doubt whether to buy or sell, see rule 1. "

That’s...um... the um...the risk of trading...cough cough...(Checking shoes)

The world needs ditch diggers, too.

I remember a day labor gig burying telco in a new subdivision (just streets and curbs at that point).
I got a shovel off the truck and started filling the dirt over the conduit we'd just dropped in the trench. Regular stopped me and said, 'what the hell are you doing? That's what that thing (points to back hoe) is for.'
The shovel was more for leaning on.
One of many important lessons I took from the experience.

• Haha
Reactions: Funky Bunch
I remember a day labor gig burying telco in a new subdivision (just streets and curbs at that point).
I got a shovel off the truck and started filling the dirt over the conduit we'd just dropped in the trench. Regular stopped me and said, 'what the hell are you doing? That's what that thing (points to back hoe) is for.'
The shovel was more for leaning on.
One of many important lessons I took from the experience.

I did utility construction while in college. I worked with line crews. I dug pits. I worked on a crew that bored under streets. I worked on an asphalt crew. Hot work in NW Florida in the summer. I didn't have any body fat to speak of.

You guys and your dumb conspiracy theories. It’s like everyone went full QAnon idiot about the market.

There is no boogeyman out there being unfair to the “little guy”, despite what the victimization pimps want you to believe.
Brah, do you not even sense the sarcasm?

Brokers have to limit the trading in stocks with high volume and volatility due to liquidity issues. I get that. They don't just shut things down for no reason, and the reasons they do are outlined in the broker agreement.

Maybe the bigger issue that needs to be focused on in the future is fair access to markets for the smaller investor because right now they don't have the same market access as the institutional traders. Given modern technology and real time capabilities, why is that? The best analogy I can think of is the commercial investors are trying to compete with the institutions and hedge funds by driving a Dodge Charger while the big guys are driving F1 cars. The little guys are trying to get their trades executed through RH while the big guys are lapping them.

Limits a couple of days ago were because of capital requirements.

none of these morons want to know what really happened. When you’re in the midst of losing money, you just want somebody else to blame.

after all, it’s not like there weren’t people saying things like “I really urge you not to do this.”

Brah, do you not even sense the sarcasm?

Brokers have to limit the trading in stocks with high volume and volatility due to liquidity issues. I get that. They don't just shut things down for no reason, and the reasons they do are outlined in the broker agreement.

Maybe the bigger issue that needs to be focused on in the future is fair access to markets for the smaller investor because right now they don't have the same market access as the institutional traders. Given modern technology and real time capabilities, why is that? The best analogy I can think of is the commercial investors are trying to compete with the institutions and hedge funds by driving a Dodge Charger while the big guys are driving F1 cars. The little guys are trying to get their trades executed through RH while the big guys are lapping them.

the big guys pay to trade.

Reactions: dgordo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT