ADVERTISEMENT

Garza on espn2 now... and looking good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those numbers are ridiculous, aren't they? I see Niang signed for something like 7 million. I am NOT knocking Garza. I have great admiration for his abilities and his attitude. I wish him the best. I'm just mind-boggled by the numbers for players who aren't close to being stars.
Was going to say the same thing. They need a better union. A half million when the stars are making 45 million and the average is 7.5?

So will he be playing in Grand Rapids to start the year?
It’s more likely that he starts in Detroit imo, and doesn’t get sent down unless he’s struggling in practice or in the minutes that he gets. Again, pure speculation on my end

Here’s an explanation of the rules for two way contracts. He’s being paid a flat salary of 460k to either be in Detroit for up to 50 games, or in the G League. He could end up with the pro team for longer, but at that point, the Pistons have to sign him to a contract with a team. So I don’t know why he’d start in the G League unless they just want to get him additional games I guess. But if there’s a chance he could contribute, and based on Summer League, it seems there is that chance, it would make more sense to have him in the Association

Reactions: natchrlman
I think Detroit just got a g league team. The Motor City Cruise.

Motor_City_Cruise_Logo_2.jpg

It's more about the joke that fran continues to attempt to bump his thread so that it is always at the top above this one.

He provides good info. but the dude is weird sometimes.
Oh I know.. hence the complete lack of substance from my post just to bump it ;)

The article I referenced said he was fighting for 3rd center position but wonder if he could take that two spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT