ADVERTISEMENT

Gas prices on the rise again...

Perfect and I have no reason to disbelieve that. I just find it funny the president typically doesn’t have fuk all to do with gas prices but of course it’s a political thing to some
No. It's a political game to board Republicans. We've tried to point this out on here before, when one of us "libs" say it, we're making a jab at the board Rs because it's always predictable that they are going to seriously blame the Democrat POTUS. It's been that way for years and we predict it ahead of time.

Same with the debt and deficit...Republican board members were told that they were suddenly going to start caring about the debt and spending again after Biden won the White House. Sure as hell, by the end of February 2021, they were whining about it again...because rightwing media told them to.

That's the difference between the two sides. The democrats on here KNOW gas prices aren't the fault of any president. The Republicans can't say the same.

Reactions: cigaretteman
He did try to take credit when the prices came down.
He also attempted a couple things to lower prices when they were REALLY high and Republicans said no. I distinctly remember a Congresswoman asking on the floor if he was going to try to cap the cost of FOOD next. Yeah, Republicans care about inflation and gas prices.

No. It's a political game to board Republicans. We've tried to point this out on here before, when one of us "libs" say it, we're making a jab at the board Rs because it's always predictable that they are going to seriously blame the Democrat POTUS. It's been that way for years and we predict it ahead of time.

Same with the debt and deficit...Republican board members were told that they were suddenly going to start caring about the debt and spending again after Biden won the White House. Sure as hell, by the end of February 2021, they were whining about it again...because rightwing media told them to.

That's the difference between the two sides. The democrats on here KNOW gas prices aren't the fault of any president. The Republicans can't say the same.

You must be an absolute Rembrandt to paint with such a large brush.

You are a victim.

He also attempted a couple things to lower prices when they were REALLY high and Republicans said no. I distinctly remember a Congresswoman asking on the floor if he was going to try to cap the cost of FOOD next. Yeah, Republicans care about inflation and gas prices.
So you agree. He did try to take credit for lowering the prices of gas, while blaming everyone else when they went up.

I agree, the price of gas/oil has nothing, or very little, to do with the president. He can dip into the strategic reserves and cause gas to decline a few cents, but he was trying to take credit when it fell over a dollar. And KJP was saying it as often as possible at the podium.

Weird you don't realize gov't policy effect on the economy. .
That’s a very clever point. I had forgotten that Biden made it illegal to drill for oil and refine it into products. I’d forgotten that the oil companies had a premonition 30+ years ago about Biden doing this and decided to consolidate refining and distribution capacity, especially in deep red states. So clever.

So you agree. He did try to take credit for lowering the prices of gas, while blaming everyone else when they went up.

I agree, the price of gas/oil has nothing, or very little, to do with the president. He can dip into the strategic reserves and cause gas to decline a few cents, but he was trying to take credit when it fell over a dollar. And KJP was saying it as often as possible at the podium.
You really need to look at the policy changes he/they made. Huge impact.
The handling of the SOR is just another blunder.

That’s a very clever point. I had forgotten that Biden made it illegal to drill for oil and refine it into products. I’d forgotten that the oil companies had a premonition 30+ years ago about Biden doing this and decided to consolidate refining and distribution capacity, especially in deep red states. So clever.
Well he did:
Cancel Keystone
Suspend oil and gas leases in Artic Wildlife and New Mexico.
Resume waters of the US rule that limits use of ranch and farm land for oil.
Changed emissions rules for production, storage, transmission, etc.
Issued moratorium on oil and gas leases on federal land.
And the list goes on and on and ........

Reactions: KFsdisciple
Uh ok.
Point?
$2-$5. Nothing to see here i guess?

Avg miles driven per year = 13,500
Avg MPG for cars = 25

For the past 10 years gas has averaged about what, $3? A $1 increase in gas is about $45 a month, whoopdeedoo, it's not a chicken little scenario that some want to think it is. Same goes for $1 decrease. A family outing to a restaurant is twice that for me.

Avg miles driven per year = 13,500
Avg MPG for cars = 25

For the past 10 years gas has averaged about what, $3? A $1 increase in gas is about $45 a month, whoopdeedoo, it's not a chicken little scenario that some want to think it is. Same goes for $1 decrease. A family outing to a restaurant is twice that for me.
And impact cost of every product that ships.
Wow.

Well he did:
Cancel Keystone
Suspend oil and gas leases in Artic Wildlife and New Mexico.
Resume waters of the US rule that limits use of ranch and farm land for oil.
Changed emissions rules for production, storage, transmission, etc.
Issued moratorium on oil and gas leases on federal land.
And the list goes on and on and ........
Why lie? Biden took heat from the Libs by opening more Arctic drilling up.
It’s not shocking that for every supposed industry killing measure there is a growing lobby for it, and people who seek other answers. I guess you are still pissed about the switch from whale oil fueled lamps?

Why lie? Biden took heat from the Libs by opening more Arctic drilling up.
It’s not shocking that for every supposed industry killing measure there is a growing lobby for it, and people who seek other answers. I guess you are still pissed about the switch from whale oil fueled lamps?
Also none of those measures would have immediate impact on gas prices. Keystone would make up maybe 1% of the market. The larger market drives prices. Even if you have keystone it can't be used in a way that causes significant market influences. And restricting permits on drilling has a long horizon for impacting prices. It takes time to develop the drilling operations and it's not like you are drilling gasoline out of the ground.

Reactions: lucas80
I invite anyone who thinks gas prices are too high, and regulations in the US too strict to spend some time at an oil refinery. Spend some time in the neighborhoods adjacent to a refinery or major petrochemical facility.

$0.30 cent hike overnight here in CR after the price being within $.05 all summer, what did Joe do this time?

More than you change handles.

Your mom has lots of handles, so I need to change, I guess?
It was tongue-in-cheek, but honestly curious if there was a reason. Too early for the seasonal switch that usually causes a spike. Someone piss off the Arabs?

Your mom has lots of handles, so I need to change, I guess?
It was tongue-in-cheek, but honestly curious if there was a reason. Too early for the seasonal switch that usually causes a spike. Someone piss off the Arabs?

She doesn't. She is like 80 pounds and totally rotted away from dementia.

• Sad
Reactions: EagleHawk
I filled up just in time last night on my way home. The sign at the station had already been changed to read $3.56 but the pump only charged me $3.27.

#feelsgoodman

Reactions: EasyHawk
I filled my truck up a couple weeks ago when it was $2.94/gallon in CF. Smart move on my part. Still have 3/4 of a tank left.

The monthslong calm in gas prices is over.

The national average price for a gallon of regular gasoline surged by 4 cents on Tuesday to $3.64, according to AAA.

That marks the biggest one-day increase since June 7, 2022, according to a CNN review of AAA data. However, gas prices are much lower today than they were last summer, when they spiked above $5 a gallon.

“All of a sudden, things have popped up after a long period of low prices,” said Andy Lipow, president of Lipow Oil Associates.

As recently as July 4, gas prices had experienced a nearly unprecedented year-over-year decline.

The unwelcome shift higher in pump prices follows a jump in oil prices, which have climbed to three-month highs as part of a broader rally in commodities. Wheat and corn prices have rallied after Russian attacks on port infrastructure in Ukraine.

The timing is tricky.

Cooling inflation, driven in part by easing gas prices, has raised hopes that the United States can avoid a recession. Investors are betting the Federal Reserve will soon be able to wrap up its inflation fight. And consumers have been feeling better, with consumer confidence hitting a two-year high in July.

A return of higher food and fuel prices could unravel those positive trends.

To be sure, gas prices are still down by 72 cents a gallon from a year ago. And the national average remains far from the record high of $5.02 a gallon last June.

Still, gas prices have increased by 8 cents over the past week.

Lipow blamed two powerful forces: OPEC and Russia cutting production, and extreme heat.

Since last fall, Saudi Arabia-led OPEC and Russia have announced plans to slash output by almost 5 million barrels per day through July, according to Lipow.

Although OPEC and its allies, known as OPEC+, likely have not cut that full amount of output, whatever cuts they have implemented are starting to be felt in the market.

US oil prices jumped 2.2% on Monday to close at $78.74 a barrel — the highest close since April 24. In the span of just six weeks, oil has climbed 17%.

Extreme heat in the United States, Europe and elsewhere has also snarled some refinery operations, somewhat limiting the production of gasoline, diesel and jet fuel.

Some refineries that want to run all-out to take advantage of high profit margins may not be able to.

“Refineries, like humans, do not like it when the heat index is 115,” Lipow said.

High heat in the Middle East is forcing Saudi Arabia and other countries to burn oil to power their electrical grids.

Good thing I have all those electric only trips and walk a lot and don't waste my life and money commuting.

Hell, believe I paid mid $4's for premium the other day. Think it was $4.599/gal.

I'm the poorest bastard on this board, and still didn't blink filling 'er up. Shit happens, so I do sensible things like budget every penny I spend so the ups and downs of gas prices don't EVER hurt.

Reactions: mattymoknows
You don’t have to worry about commuting because you’re lazy and nobody wants to be around you.

What are you talking about fat boy?

Go shove another slice of Casey's in your fat face with a 64 Oz Mountain Dew and look down at your Dunlap. You know? It dun laps over your belt

There's a dem president, so the president has no effect on gas prices and no one cares about the price anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT