ADVERTISEMENT

Gays...you are all being sued!!!! (SIAP)

moxyfruvous

HR Heisman
Aug 7, 2005
An overachieving bigot in Nebraska reached an impressive new level of intolerance this week, filing a lawsuit against “Homosexuals”—as in all of them, everywhere—in a U.S. District Court on Friday, NBC News reports.

In the handwritten petition, 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell claims to be acting as ambassador for the plaintiffs, “God, and His, Son, Jesus Christ.” Appropriately titled Driskell v. Homosexuals, it asks U.S. District Judge John M. Gerrard to rule whether homosexuality “is a sin, or not a sin.”From the Omaha World-Herald:

Citing Bible verses, Driskell contends “that homosexuality is a sin and that they the homosexuals know it is a sin to live a life of homosexuality. Why else would they have been hiding in the closet(?)”

Driskell wrote in a seven-page petition to the court that God has said homosexuality is an abomination. She challenged the court to not call God a liar.

“I never thought that I would see a day in which our great nation or our own great state of Nebraska would become so compliant to the complicity of some people(’s) lewd behavior.”

What kind of damages is she seeking?

Follow up - If she wins can I get my share of them directly from Natural?

I bet PhantomFlyer signed it. She seems right up his alley.

What kind of damages is she seeking?

Follow up - If she wins can I get my share of them directly from Natural?

Natural will give you your share on demand, but maybe not in the way you may think. There will be plenty of damage that night.

I was way more upset with this story off the linked gawker page!

The old lady from the Wedding singer died! Damn it!

Sarcasm alert - read this post for entertainment purposes only.

I put my tinfoil hat on and decided she was actually making an attempt to get "under God" taken out of the pledge of allegiance once and for all. When the judge throws this out, and he/she most certainly will, the judge will also be declaring this nation is not "under God," and therefore we should quit saying it.

Furthermore, if the plaintiff is "God, and his son, Jesus Christ," shouldn't it be "God, and his son, Jesus Christ vs. the Homosexuals?"

Will they be present for the hearing? Yes, they will, because God is everywhere and Jesus is in all of us (even the homosexuals).

First question: 1.) Has she ever given a blowjibber?

Second: 2.) Does that qualify as an unnatural act according to the bible?

She could win a seat in Congress from Nebraska, or from Iowa's 4th District.

I did, because she's making the argument I've been making about ssm. I hope stupidity doesn't run throughout your family and is limited to you.

So you admit you're against ssm because of your religious views? It's something we all knew all along but for some reason you didn't want to just be honest about it. Thanks for proving our point.

Reactions: PCBHAWK
An overachieving bigot in Nebraska reached an impressive new level of intolerance this week, filing a lawsuit against “Homosexuals”—as in all of them, everywhere—in a U.S. District Court on Friday, NBC News reports.

In the handwritten petition, 66-year-old Sylvia Driskell claims to be acting as ambassador for the plaintiffs, “God, and His, Son, Jesus Christ.” Appropriately titled Driskell v. Homosexuals, it asks U.S. District Judge John M. Gerrard to rule whether homosexuality “is a sin, or not a sin.”From the Omaha World-Herald:

Citing Bible verses, Driskell contends “that homosexuality is a sin and that they the homosexuals know it is a sin to live a life of homosexuality. Why else would they have been hiding in the closet(?)”

Driskell wrote in a seven-page petition to the court that God has said homosexuality is an abomination. She challenged the court to not call God a liar.

“I never thought that I would see a day in which our great nation or our own great state of Nebraska would become so compliant to the complicity of some people(’s) lewd behavior.”
This lady needs a hobby

So you admit you're against ssm because of your religious views? It's something we all knew all along but for some reason you didn't want to just be honest about it. Thanks for proving our point.
Good grief, the dullest knife in the drawer just got duller. I'm against murder because of my religious views too, but that doesn't mean it's the ONLY reason. Good grief you are stupid.

BTW, my earlier comment to your post was obviously SARCASM, mocking your poor reasoning. Why don't you look up the definition because it's obviously a word you don't understand? What's funny is you actually thought you made a clever point, not realizing how bereft of any reasoning. One shouldn't be surprised though because you aren't very bright and making reasoned arguments is about as difficult for you as throwing TD passes in the Super Bowl. It's a good thing you are around though because you are living proof that we need the educational system to set their standards much higher.

For a guy who uses sarcasm in his posts quite often, I'm disappointed in your comment.
Let me help you out. A key component of communicating sarcasm requires that your point be obviously contrary to your known position. That wasn't obvious here. If after SCOTUS rules in favor of SSM you post "Yippy, Justice for all!" that would be understood as sarcasm. Or just use an emoji.

Let me help you out. A key component of communicating sarcasm requires that your point be obviously contrary to your known position. That wasn't obvious here. If after SCOTUS rules in favor of SSM you post "Yippy, Justice for all!" that would be understood as sarcasm. Or just use an emoji.
First off, this wasn't Fred's first crack in this matter and his comment is just one of thousands examples he provides us using poor reasoning. Secondly, please provide for me a single quote where I've ever supported suing gays on this issue, or brought religion into the discussion. Now, others (maybe even you) have brought about religion, but I haven't and I'll challenge you to provide a single quote that contradicts this.

What Fred did was akin to some kooky gay person suing all Catholic priests for refusing to marry gay couples, and then saying, Catholic priests are evil and it would be a good thing if all of them were rounded up, sent over to the ME and let the Muslim extremists take care of them. Now, if I said "I bet naturalmwa signed it. This seems right up his ally", you would have either blasted me for the comment or made a sarcastic comment. If my comment wasn't obvious sarcasm to you then this further proves my point that you weren't reading what I wrote in the abortion post. You are better than this then stooping to freddy's level.

3t7ghr.jpg

From a guy with an Alex Baldwin gif. LOL. That's rich irony right there.
The next time you make a reasoned argument will be the first.

LOL!! Alex Baldwin was always my favorite Baldwin brother too. Just above Stephen and Billy. Daniel was such a drunk

Oh and....

3485dad13aafad55e99fa0e8fa269d8f.jpg

Reactions: naturalmwa
Yep, I do. You don't understand reason and add your name to the useful idiots column.

Nice comeback. Not quite as good as "I know you are, but what am I?", but not bad.

See, that's sarcasm.

And there is no reason or logic in any of your arguments against gay marriage. Just bigotry that you try to hide in religion.

Reactions: naturalmwa
Nice comeback. Not quite as good as "I know you are, but what am I?", but not bad.

See, that's sarcasm.

And there is no reason or logic in any of your arguments against gay marriage. Just bigotry that you try to hide in religion.

I think that is the most frustrating for everyone. He won't give a reason on why he's against ssm. We all know it's religion based. He'll trot out some bullshit response about how you can't prove it and can't find an actual quote about religion being the reason. Then he'll bring up some "old fashioned " marriage vs "modern" marriage. When someone asks him to explain what he means he gets all huffy and then indicates he's typed it out three dozen times and we can look it up if we want to. Don't forget he hasn't been on this board for 6 months. Everyone knows Phantom is a religious nut. In the same breath as HoosierHawk as they were always sidekicks in the abortion/ssm/any religion thread that populated the board. For some reason he thinks we've all forgotten. I've verified it to be correct from SP's notebook on members of this board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT