ADVERTISEMENT

NBC News: Are you better off than you were four years ago?

I am drastically better off, but it has much less to do with who was president and much more to do with the fact that the uniparty chose to flood the economy with free credit and trillions of dollars in stimulus money, most of which flowed upward into the hands of the large cap overlords that govern my professional existence.

People with assets have been killing it over the last 4 years primarily due to the stock market and real estate prices. Thousands if not millions of business owners took advantage of the PPP programs to line their pockets as well.

People without assets struggled for a couple of years because of inflation, but unemployment has been basically nonexistent for the past 3 years and over the past 2 years wage growth has exceeded the rate of inflation, particularly in the lowest wage groups.

All in all Americans are probably better off, whether they believe it or not.
This is a talking point from the Biden Administration. Well done soldier. Telling people they are better off even though their bank accounts would say otherwise.

Well, to be honest, anyone with a brain knows exactly what is meant when this question is asked. MAGAs try this gotcha all the time.
I know that's how many of you see it. That's why so many aren't honest. It's a political hack thing.

This is a talking point from the Biden Administration. Well done soldier. Telling people they are better off even though their bank accounts would say otherwise.
I must have missed those. I'm actually able to think for myself. You should try it sometime. There's a whole world outside of FoxNews and One America.

Financially I'm certainly better off than I was four years ago. My real estate holdings are up significantly, as are my liquid investments (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc., including retirement accounts). I don't have a great deal of debt, but what I do have is four years of principal payments lower. As far as unrecorded debt...stuff I know I'll be paying for that is not a legal debt...four years ago my oldest son was about to start his senior year in high school, so I knew I had upcoming the expense of paying for two kids' college. Now the oldest is finishing up his junior year & should graduate next spring, and the younger has one year of college out of the way. My business is doing well; thanks to various government programs that I learned well to assist clients, the covid period was extremely profitable, and even with those programs now gone, the current year to date has been more profitable than any year to date ever (excluding the two crazy covid years).

Personally/physically, the sun is the same in a relative way, but I'm older. Shorter of breath, and four years closer to death.

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT