ADVERTISEMENT

George Kittle

Auger

HB All-American
Sep 14, 2007
I've had a friend that has worked off and on with the football team and occasionally let's some of us friends know some very minor details about the team. One thing he mentioned to me this year when I was back in Iowa is look out for Kittle this year, that the kid has some of the most pure recieving TE talent he has ever seen and my friend was with the team during a few of the Clark years. The thing with him is blocking but he said he has improved and taken huge steps this year.

This week Blair posted new weights and I see Kittle is up to 250 but still running at the same speed. Kittle could explode on the national scene this year and be a huge weapon for our offense. I am very excited to see him play this fall.

Good to see he kept his speed...should be tough to handle for D-backs!

Agree Outsey is a solid blocker who is working on the recieving end of things. Having both be solid to great at both will help Iowa disguise packages better and keep D's from selling out.

The next preseason internet sensation has just arrived in Hawkeye land. I hope the kid does have a great season but I for one won't be comparing him to Clark anytime soon.

The difference here is that Kittle actually scored 6 TDs last year. Not exactly an unknown commodity that people are getting hyped about.
Sorry a known commodity TE would have been at least All-Big Ten honorable mention last year. Clark was a first team All-Big Ten, All-American, winner of John Mackey Award. Like I said I'll wait awhile before comparing him to Dallas. I hope he has a breakout season !

Last edited:
Sorry a known commodity TE would have been at least All-Big Ten honorable mention last year. Clark was a first team All-Big Ten, All-American, winner of John Mackey Award. Like I said I'll wait awhile before comparing him to Dallas. I hope he has a breakout season !
I agree it is a little soon to be ranking him ahead of Clark on the all time Hawkeye TE lists. That said, "the next preseason internet sensation" is borderline insulting to a kid with his credentials thus far.

Reactions: LGEND24
The difference here is that Kittle actually scored 6 TDs last year. Not exactly an unknown commodity that people are getting hyped about.

Heard a LONG time ago that George Kittle is sort of a Freak athlete. Not really a News Flash.......did you watch any games last year?? George can flat out play

Reactions: GarryO37
Who is ranking him ahead of Clark or even comparing him to Clark? Dang people sensitive much. Just stating the kid could have a huge year this year. Who even knows of him outside of Iowa? The OP was about how he could explode and become a known guy nationally by having a big year.

Reactions: RockEyeState
Heard a LONG time ago that George Kittle is sort of a Freak athlete. Not really a News Flash.......did you watch any games last year?? George can flat out play
I think you may have quoted the wrong post. I have very high hopes for George and was pointing out that he isn't just an internet preseason sensation, on account of his play on the field just last year.

Agree Outsey is a solid blocker who is working on the recieving end of things. Having both be solid to great at both will help Iowa disguise packages better and keep D's from selling out.

He made one or two catches last year didn't he? Seems like he did because he reminded me of Jonathan Hayes, physically, with one if them.
I think he's going to be a devestating blocker this year.

I agree it is a little soon to be ranking him ahead of Clark on the all time Hawkeye TE lists. That said, "the next preseason internet sensation" is borderline insulting to a kid with his credentials thus far.
He doesn't have any credentials yet. Like I pointed out earlier he wasn't even All-Big Ten honorable mention last year. Hey I like the kid but his 6 TD's will bring him added attention from opposing teams D.

'infer'- YOU, the reader, do it, based on what someone else wrote or said.

imply - the person speaking to you does it ;-) by choice of words, examples, metaphors, non-verbals, and so forth.

Reactions: nu2u
kittle also didn't drop a single pass last year.,
Awesome assuming that is true (no reason to doubt you). To be fair, I thought the entire receiving corp did an outstanding job last year relative to dropped passes. It didn't seem to be a glaring issue as it had been in many previous years.

Reactions: Kurt Warner
Not sure I can trust the opinion of someone who is iffy on Kittle's blocking skills. He graded as the top run-blocking TE in the Big Ten last year, and it wasn't even close.

Kittle obviously has the potential to have a huge year and be a high draft pick- he is a tremendous blocker with good athleticism.

Agree. A past Iowa TE that Kittle always reminded me of last year was Dallas Clark. I said it a number of times last year. It's nice to see that I may not be the only one who feels this way. There are definitely more similarities between Kittle and Clark than there are differences.

Kittle is poised to have a break out year being that he will be the feature TE this year. No offense to Outsey, but he is still learning the position and coming along very nicely, faster than I would have expected. But it's easy to see the special talent Kittle is, and I believe he will be in the running to win the Mackey award this year. This isn't a huge year for TE's. Jake Butt and OJ Howard are the top 2 TE's this year in my opinion.

Kittle can easily climb the ladder and become the nation's top TE.

Reactions: RockEyeState
Not sure I can trust the opinion of someone who is iffy on Kittle's blocking skills. He graded as the top run-blocking TE in the Big Ten last year, and it wasn't even close.

Kittle obviously has the potential to have a huge year and be a high draft pick- he is a tremendous blocker with good athleticism.

Who graded Kittle as the best run-blocker in the league last year? He may very well be, but don't know where that came from. If he really was the best run-blocker, and with his pass-catching abilities, he would have been playing all the time ahead of Krieger-Coble.

I think what some folks are cautioning is that we Iowa fans tend to take any player who shows himself to be above-average and immediately jump to comparing said player to Iowa's all-time greats. Kittle (if he stays healthy) could have a big year. Big if. But just looking at the comments on Outsey shows where Iowa fans sometimes go. He was thrust into duty as the third TE due to injuries. He played, caught 1 pass and we have posters comparing him to Jonathan Hayes, a guy who played in the NFL for 10 years.

Thanks for the link. Nice to see good grades by Cox, Croston, Welsh, Blythe, Jewell, and King.

Maybe George will be good enough next season to get his picture on the cover of SI?

Nah! :D

SPR20151130B.jpg

I thought krieger coble had a fantastic year, more so than kittle. He may have played a lot more too I guess.

I thought Kittle was a reach, a wasted scholarship when he verballed. Like my wife says "you are wrong again"

I love how the HAWKEYE staff has a great Eye for Diamonds in the rough.

It will be Fun watching George Kittle play on Sundays. You heard it here, first

#goHawks

I've had a friend that has worked off and on with the football team and occasionally let's some of us friends know some very minor details about the team. One thing he mentioned to me this year when I was back in Iowa is look out for Kittle this year, that the kid has some of the most pure recieving TE talent he has ever seen and my friend was with the team during a few of the Clark years. The thing with him is blocking but he said he has improved and taken huge steps this year.

This week Blair posted new weights and I see Kittle is up to 250 but still running at the same speed. Kittle could explode on the national scene this year and be a huge weapon for our offense. I am very excited to see him play this fall.

Heard this as well from an asst coach I know a little.
Also told Daniels is blowing S. Greene's training #'s away now that healthy - basically said if he stays healthy "watch the frick out"..
Posted that a month ago and got blasted. Idiots on here still want him at FB.

Posted that a month ago and got blasted. Idiots on here still want him at FB.
If he can do the blocking and stay healthy...I wouldn't be against having 2 fully capable rbs in at once. Also wouldn't mind a pass blocking fb in on 3rd down who has to be respected as a scoring threat. Hmmm :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT