ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia vs FSU

Max_Rebo

HR All-State
Jan 1, 2023
shocked ron burgundy GIF

A lot of these bowls aren't even watchable. FSU has many of their biggest stars sitting out or out with injury. Ohio St looked liked an entirely different team on offense due to this. The new college football sucks. The new playoff system on paper is much needed for the college game. However I also think it will reduce the popularity of the sport. The distance between the haves and have not's will be immense. Look at Iowa this year. Overall a solid football team. However they couldn't compete with PSU and Michigan. PSU just got run over by Ole Miss.

I will add. For a team like Iowa what are they even playing for anymore? The very rare 1 out of every 10 years getting to the playoff. 9 out of 10 years playing in a bowl game where most of the starters sit out. Very few if any conference championship games.

Yep, you’ll hear about all of the players FSU is missing, but not the 19 transfers out for Georgia as well as best OL (1st round pick), best TE (top 5 pick) in the country and a starting LB all out injured. The big difference is the culture of the teams.

Oops, forgot missing an injured starting
WR as well. 3rd string QB (2nd string QB transferred) second half and doing the same.

Last edited:
Yep, you’ll hear about all of the players FSU is missing, but not the 19 transfers out for Georgia as well as best OL (1st round pick), best TE (top 5 pick) in the country and a starting LB all out injured. The big difference is the culture of the teams.
Georgia QB1 sitting?

The key stat.

I don't know. Georgia has blue chip players backing up blue chip starters. FSU is no sisters of the poor but if they lose their key stars they can't reload and compete just like that. It was a big reason why they got left out of the playoff. Star QB was out so not the same team.

SEC top teams just blow everyone else away. Can't wait to see Bama curb stomp Michigan and then revenge win themselves another title against Texas.
I want to see Mich win, not sure if Harblow is up to it.

I think FSU without their injured all star QB is definitely not a top 4 team and the CFP group made the correct decision. Georgia had their chance to beat an above avg but not great Bama team that barely beat Auburn.

Auburn, wow The Terps, who are not that great of big game teams, just stomped auburn with a 2nd string qb

Yep. I remember Alabama at home blowing away Texas earlier this year
Texas has talent and it can probably hang, but I am not betting against a highly motivated Alabama. That game was early and not indicative of what a fine tuned Saban team can do. Texas is essentially an SEC team anyway.

Alabama reminds me of USC from back in '02-'03. Playing their best football late in the season and looking like the clear #1 team. Only difference Alabama has a shot to win it. USC had to settle for beating the crap out of Iowa in the Orange Bowl.

Reactions: Pawkhawk1
Alabama reminds me of USC from back in '02-'03. Playing their best football late in the season and looking like the clear #1 team. Only difference Alabama has a shot to win it. USC had to settle for beating the crap out of Iowa in the Orange Bowl.
Nah, nowhere near the talent USC had then. Also, definitely should have lost to Auburn. We’d probably be looking at FSU in the playoff then, maybe Georgia even if Bama still beat Georgia in SEC Championship.

Reactions: LetsGoHawks83
Jesse Palmer, announcing the game on tv, just stated that Georgia actively promotes excessive celebrations after they get a tournover.

That is arrogance personified.

I hope our resident new Georgia fanboy realizes what a bunch of pricks his kid is joining.
There's being good and being an asshole and there's being good and being humble.

Fvck Georgia.

Didn't see this degree of beatdown coming.

As mentioned above, maybe The Committee did get it right bypassing FSU.

Don't care who wins the title, just so it isn't Saban.

I wonder when we will see players opt out of playoff games?

Some of these NIL deals probably should withhold last payment until after playoff.

Reactions: obfuscating
Jesse Palmer, announcing the game on tv, just stated that Georgia actively promotes excessive celebrations after they get a tournover.

I hope our resident new Georgia fanboy realizes what a bunch of pricks his kid is joining.
There's being good and being an asshole and there's being good and being humble.

Fvck Georgia.
His kid got a scholarship there. Any father would be a fan of that. Check yourself

A lot of these bowls aren't even watchable. FSU has many of their biggest stars sitting out or out with injury. Ohio St looked liked an entirely different team on offense due to this. The new college football sucks. The new playoff system on paper is much needed for the college game. However I also think it will reduce the popularity of the sport. The distance between the haves and have not's will be immense. Look at Iowa this year. Overall a solid football team. However they couldn't compete with PSU and Michigan. PSU just got run over by Ole Miss.
Yep, need to implement the same system as FCS. Have NIL deals that require playoff game participation, scholarships the must be repaid if a player opts outs. These bowl games are now a legit joke.

fsu is not anywhere close to the same team that played in the regular season. To some extent that's true of other teams as well. With many players opting out for the draft or entering the transfer portal this is not unexpected.
Lopsided nonsense like this in what is supposed to still be an "important" bowl might give those responsible pause as to what the future will look like.

Crazy as these bowl games are going, Iowa might actually beat Tennessee. Probably not but at this point...
It’s pretty clear that teams with way less opt outs (Mizzou) vs teams like FSU with 10 starters out makes such a difference in these games, as well as key QB’s, such as FSU, Ohio State, now Tennessee. We’re facing a guy that’s never really played any meaningful snaps. Of course it won’t be easy because of our shit offense but if we get a turnover early and a score I have a hard time seeing Tennessee staying pumped for this game.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Didn't see this degree of beatdown coming.

As mentioned above, maybe The Committee did get it right bypassing FSU.

Don't care who wins the title, just so it isn't Saban.
what i think happened was FSU gave up and took a dive after getting screwed, to say, screw U.

Fvck Georgia.
You not been watching football the last decade. Every time some one makes a routine play the effort to get out in the open, find a camera for a group pose or do some dance move is beyond annoying. It’s all about “ME” anymore, getting my recognition.

Georgia wanted to win titles so they left their morals outside the program and started bringing in players with questionable character and catered to them. They got what they wanted. Wins. Nothing else matters.

You not been watching football the last decade. Every time some one makes a routine play the effort to get out in the open, find a camera for a group pose or do some dance move is beyond annoying. It’s all about “ME” anymore, getting my recognition.

This. Are the TD celebrations no longer unsportsmanlike conduct penalties in college? Or just one of the many rules that are ignored, unless Cooper moves his arm and they read the fine print to make a call from the booth....

Lol this is laughable. This Alabama team needed an absolute miracle to beat an auburn team who just got taken to the woodshed by a Maryland team without their starting qb and who also got steamrolled by New Mexico State. Alabama has played one great game this season and nothing special besides that. I think they'll need to play at a similar level to what they did against Georgia to beat Michigan. We will see if they can.

Reactions: MitchLL
Georgia wanted to win titles so they left their morals outside the program and started bringing in players with questionable character and catered to them. They got what they wanted. Wins. Nothing else matters.
Examples?

Reactions: 59DAWG

Fvck Georgia.
Show me you don’t know anything about the Georgia program and haven’t watched them without telling me. They want their players to celebrate on the sideline together. If you’ve watched them you’d know this, not taking one comment out of context.

Reactions: littlez
Show me you don’t know anything about the Georgia program and haven’t watched them without telling me. They want their players to celebrate on the sideline together. If you’ve watched them you’d know this, not taking one comment out of context.
Enough celebrating to get penalties....

LOL

Trying to match the Miami Hurricanes, it appears. Winning with dignity must be a lost concept?

Trash

• Haha
These people are getting paid to win. Winning is what matters.

I will add. For a team like Iowa what are they even playing for anymore? The very rare 1 out of every 10 years getting to the playoff. 9 out of 10 years playing in a bowl game where most of the starters sit out. Very few if any conference championship games.
With a 12 and what I eventually think will be a 16 team playoff….

The Hawks would have been in in 2002,2004,2009,2015

In contention 2003,2020,2021,2023

That’s not 1 in every 10 years.

I think in a 16 team scenario the Hawks…as the program stands currently. Could make it twice a decade…which would be fine with me honestly

Enough celebrating to get penalties....

LOL

Trying to match the Miami Hurricanes, it appears. Winning with dignity must be a lost concept?

Trash
Look out, one penalty in a meaningless game according to everyone else. Got any more examples of it? Like I said, watch their games and they celebrate on the sideline together.

With a 12 and what I eventually think will be a 16 team playoff….

The Hawks would have been in in 2002,2004,2009,2015

In contention 2003,2020,2021,2023

That’s not 1 in every 10 years.

I think in a 16 team scenario the Hawks…as the program stands currently. Could make it twice a decade…which would be fine with me honestly
So they would have made it once in the past 14 years? You are right that's not 1 in every 10 years. It is only going to get harder with the death of the BIG West and the addition of the PAC-12 teams. Again I ask what is a team like Iowa even playing for anymore? The bowls outside the playoffs are greatly reduced. It will be a nearly impossible task to make the conference championship, and the playoffs might happen once every decade. I think you will see viewership begin decreasing.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT