ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia vs FSU

Look out, one penalty in a meaningless game according to everyone else. Got any more examples of it? Like I said, watch their games and they celebrate on the sideline together.
Like was mentioned earlier, Palmer said "they coach it".

How fricken stupid do you have to be to make it necessary for the staff to "coach" it?

Probably not too many Rhodes Scholars in the Georgia locker room.

How fricken stupid do you have to be to make it necessary for the staff to "coach" it?

They coach/preach togetherness (celebrating as a team on the sideline) over individualism. Mission and team over me. Stop taking one comment out of context if you don’t know do some research or stop commenting. There’s a reason why all who could play wanted to play last night. Also, you might want to some research behind overall academics as well. And more Rhoades scholars than Iowa.

So is there something wrong with coaching team cohesion? And I’m guessing this wouldn’t even be on your radar if I wasn’t in the boards with my son going to Georgia since you directly posted towards me. Seems like you have an agenda behind it.

Unfortunately for you and others the Iowa and Georgia cultures are a lot closer than those teams that some want to say Georgia is like. I was guilty of it before, but going through the recruiting process with my son we realized how different they actually are than what people outside the program want to say because they’re winning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moral and littlez
SEC top teams just blow everyone else away. Can't wait to see Bama curb stomp Michigan and then revenge win themselves another title against Texas.
I actually think Meatchicken can/will beat Alabama.

FSU is without their starting QB, top two RB's, top 4 receiver's and several other starters on O and D. They are also starting their 3rd string QB. This is a joke bowl game.
Even tho Georgia was 19 point favorites, I’m kicking myself today that I didn’t put some $ on the Bulldogs to cover the spread vs a depleted FSU squad.

You not been watching football the last decade. Every time some one makes a routine play the effort to get out in the open, find a camera for a group pose or do some dance move is beyond annoying. It’s all about “ME” anymore, getting my recognition.
This should be a delay of game or unsportsmanlike penalty.

How many players during Smart's tenure have been accused/charged with some form of sexual assault? 10? 12? How many members of his organization have killed someone? 1? 2?
Pillars of the community.
You tell me since you think you know. Hopefully you’re not using lies from from Alan Judd of the AJC who had to resign from his job for the second time for lying about what he was reporting.

Reactions: 59DAWG

Not sure where you’re going here. GA has clearly become the top program in the country. And Smart is a helluva coach.

Reactions: shanksit44
They coach/preach togetherness (celebrating as a team on the sideline) over individualism. Mission and team over me. Stop taking one comment out of context if you don’t know do some research or stop commenting. There’s a reason why all who could play wanted to play last night. Also, you might want to some research behind overall academics as well. And more Rhoades scholars than Iowa.

So is there something wrong with coaching team cohesion? And I’m guessing this wouldn’t even be on your radar if I wasn’t in the boards with my son going to Georgia since you directly posted towards me. Seems like you have an agenda behind it.

Unfortunately for you and others the Iowa and Georgia cultures are a lot closer than those teams that some want to say Georgia is like. I was guilty of it before, but going through the recruiting process with my son we realized how different they actually are than what people outside the program want to say because they’re winning.
And by the way good luck to your son. Congrats on one great opportunity.

So they would have made it once in the past 14 years? You are right that's not 1 in every 10 years. It is only going to get harder with the death of the BIG West and the addition of the PAC-12 teams. Again I ask what is a team like Iowa even playing for anymore? The bowls outside the playoffs are greatly reduced. It will be a nearly impossible task to make the conference championship, and the playoffs might happen once every decade. I think you will see viewership begin decreasing.

Actually that’s 2 times in the last 14 years…2009,2015
Hawks finished 17 in the CFP rankings this year…with a horrendous offense.

I’m more optimistic than you.

Actually that’s 2 times in the last 14 years…2009,2015
Hawks finished 17 in the CFP rankings this year…with a horrendous offense.

I’m more optimistic than you.
2009 was 15 seasons ago. Its been 8 seasons now since the last time Iowa would have been inside the top 12 heading into the post season.

Again on the 8 to 9 seasons hypothetically Iowa doesn't make the playoff in a decade what are they now playing for? Used to be a good bowl game. Bowls are on their way out. Two years in a row we are playing teams with heavy opt-outs. The bowls outside the playoff will be heavily watered down moving forward. Conference Championship will be extremely hard to get into. So what is going to keep fans interested for teams like Iowa? That is all I am asking.

Reactions: littlez
So they would have made it once in the past 14 years? You are right that's not 1 in every 10 years. It is only going to get harder with the death of the BIG West and the addition of the PAC-12 teams. Again I ask what is a team like Iowa even playing for anymore? The bowls outside the playoffs are greatly reduced. It will be a nearly impossible task to make the conference championship, and the playoffs might happen once every decade. I think you will see viewership begin decreasing.
So I have to ask what's changed? How many conference championships does Iowa have in the last 20 years? How many National Championship games have they played in? I don't understand what people are bemoaning. Literally nothing has changed that affects the team you follow in a negative way. I could even argue that the portal is nothing but a net positive.

With a 12 and what I eventually think will be a 16 team playoff….

The Hawks would have been in in 2002,2004,2009,2015

In contention 2003,2020,2021,2023

That’s not 1 in every 10 years.

I think in a 16 team scenario the Hawks…as the program stands currently. Could make it twice a decade…which would be fine with me honestly
We keep hearing this nonsense that Iowa will NEVER be able to compete in the new B1G or CFP. We've had a couple of shots at the final 4, we can certainly get in the twelve at some point. Really surprised that the folks who want KF gone so badly don't believe this. I mean if its really going to get better once he's gone, then we should be a shoo in on a regular basis right?

Not sure where you’re going here. GA has clearly become the top program in the country. And Smart is a helluva coach.
Not going anywhere.

This discussion started when I, or someone else, mentioned the personal foul penalties for excessive celebration(or some taunting) that Georgia committed and then the subsequent mention from Palmer that it's "coached".

Nothing more/nothing less.
Some schools do it, most don't.

2009 was 15 seasons ago. Its been 8 seasons now since the last time Iowa would have been inside the top 12 heading into the post season.

Again on the 8 to 9 seasons hypothetically Iowa doesn't make the playoff in a decade what are they now playing for? Used to be a good bowl game. Bowls are on their way out. Two years in a row we are playing teams with heavy opt-outs. The bowls outside the playoff will be heavily watered down moving forward. Conference Championship will be extremely hard to get into. So what is going to keep fans interested for teams like Iowa? That is all I am asking.
I’ll be interested. Not much changes imo. If anything the Hawks chances of getting to a 12-16 CFP are greater than the “BCS” bowls a decade ago…

We keep hearing this nonsense that Iowa will NEVER be able to compete in the new B1G or CFP. We've had a couple of shots at the final 4, we can certainly get in the twelve at some point. Really surprised that the folks who want KF gone so badly don't believe this. I mean if its really going to get better once he's gone, then we should be a shoo in on a regular basis right?
The Hawks can compete for a top 16 spot semi regularly.

Hell…hawks finished 17 in the CFP rankings THIS year with a horrendous offense.

I don’t get the abject pessimism either…

Not going anywhere.

This discussion started when I, or someone else, mentioned the personal foul penalties for excessive celebration(or some taunting) that Georgia committed and then the subsequent mention from Palmer that it's "coached".

There’s a little more to the point that was being made by Palmer as well as the sideline reporter than what you posted. Again out of context with the short description you gave and the calling out the coaching staff and us about culture.

There’s a little more to the point that was being made by Palmer as well as the sideline reporter than what you posted. Again out of context with the short description you gave and the calling out the coaching staff and us about culture.
The more you post here, the more it becomes clear you that you're still butthurt an offer from Iowa never came.

• Wow
Reactions: 59DAWG
Not going anywhere.

GA is not known at all for being a so called thug or dirty program.

The more you post here, the more it becomes clear you that you're still butthurt an offer from Iowa never came.
You’re being an ass here my man. No offense his kid got a scholarship to the best team in the country. Growing up in Iowa I’m guessing he would have like one from the hawks. I’d say an offer from GA isn’t bad. 😏

lol. No, I’m still an Iowa fan but going to support and defend when lies are spoken and comments taken out of context. Iowa was going Aussie all the way. No hard feelings here. Coach Woods is great and wish nothing but the best for him and Iowa. I’m not the one bad mouthing another program and calling out their recruits and family who happen to be Iowa fans and live in Iowa.

Again, you’re not even thinking about it if I wasn’t a member posting here and my son wasn’t going to Georgia. Seems like you may be the one butthurt over his recruitment. It’s a strange hill to die on (figuratively speaking) for you.
I'm butthurt because your kid didn't get a scholly offer to Iowa...

WTF

Months ago you mentioned your kid never got an offer. I can see how you would be disappointed. But to suggest I'm calling you out because I repeated what Palmer mentioned and you took offense to it is beyond ridiculous.

The discussion was about "sportsmanship, apparent taunting, personal fouls on Georgia, and Palmer's comments".

This is my last post in this thread, so feel free to get the last word if you so choose.

You’re being an ass here my man. No offense his kid got a scholarship to the best team in the country. Growing up in Iowa I’m guessing he would have like one from the hawks. I’d say an offer from GA isn’t bad. 😏

He got an offer from Alabama?

The coach's and staff's families get a paid trip to a warm place in winter.

Jesse Palmer, announcing the game on tv, just stated that Georgia actively promotes excessive celebrations after they get a tournover.

That is arrogance personified.

I hope our resident new Georgia fanboy realizes what a bunch of pricks his kid is joining.
There's being good and being an asshole and there's being good and being humble.

Fvck Georgia.

Examples?
First off, Jesse Plamer is a Florida Gator, Georgia's arch rival. He is also a lousy announcer.

Georgia is one of the most disciplined teams in the country under Kirby Smart. Kirby basically steers away from me too players and troublemakers.

Like Mepo sais, show some examples.

First off, Jesse Plamer is a Florida Gator, Georgia's arch rival. He is also a lousy announcer.

Georgia is one of the most disciplined teams in the country under Kirby Smart. Kirby basically steers away from me too players and troublemakers.

Like Mepo sais, show some examples.
Palmer's claim could be easily contradicted or disproved, but to this point, no one with Georgia ties has done it.
But Bravo for coming to Mepo's defense.

Yep, you’ll hear about all of the players FSU is missing, but not the 19 transfers out for Georgia as well as best OL (1st round pick), best TE (top 5 pick) in the country and a starting LB all out injured. The big difference is the culture of the teams.

Oops, forgot missing an injured starting
WR as well. 3rd string QB (2nd string QB transferred) second half and doing the same.
Dude, listen to Kirby's post-game comments. He nailed it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT