ADVERTISEMENT

Get over the portal!

Unfortunately that’s Iowa fball, and many others. U have one or two true studs on OFF and if you lose them you lose.
Hmmmm. Brian is that you?!? I agree. We need you back. Injuries is the only reason we’ve had the worst stretch of offensive football the big ten has ever seen. One more year! One more year!

Reactions: shoot_the_three
I said Brown is legit, top quality wr, not the entire room. But, Brown backed by a healthy Bostick l and Seth getting some better looks we’d be ok. Like I said maybe add 1 big possession guy would help.
No, it’s not ok. At all. We’ve been saying this for 3-4 years now. Brown caught 15 passes and he’s a number1? We have all these receivers who are hurt or don’t play for an entire season and say we’ll be ok next year. Bostick has not done 1 thing. We have zero proven receivers. Zero. I think Brown is still a really good potential player but he is still a guy that catches with his body a ton. Anderson MIA all season. And that is it.

You’re so dumb you think we have the $$ to go to the portal and find better than Lachey, Cade, Castro?? R u that dumb?
Wow. Did I say that? Don't think I ever said that ****ing idiot. Why don't you get the **** off here nobody likes your shit stirring argument starting bullshit.

Response was to the OP saying there is no need at TE.
I agree it's not at the top of the list, but I wouldn't minimize not having a great tight end either.

Lowest ranked OFF was missing most of their best 6 players throughout the year including their QB not being healthy the entire year. Do that to Bama and I bet they suffer greatly also. KF put together a great opportunistic OFF thru the portal and current players… injuries ended that, he can’t control that, get a clue.
2 guys of significance which is MacNamara and Lachey. Those two being absent don’t drop a team to last in the country offensively. Look at what we did with them. It wasn’t lights out, buddy.

OLine was garabge last year but yeah lets keep going with those guys NOT working
Disagree on the oline. They got better over the season. Plenty of injuries hurt us. QB and WR were garbage. Brown broke out late but that’s it.

No, it’s not ok. At all. We’ve been saying this for 3-4 years now. Brown caught 15 passes and he’s a number1? We have all these receivers who are hurt or don’t play for an entire season and say we’ll be ok next year. Bostick has not done 1 thing. We have zero proven receivers. Zero. I think Brown is still a really good potential player but he is still a guy that catches with his body a ton. Anderson MIA all season. And that is it.
They didn’t have a QB to get them the ball.

Lowest ranked OFF was missing most of their best 6 players throughout the year including their QB not being healthy the entire year. Do that to Bama and I bet they suffer greatly also. KF put together a great opportunistic OFF thru the portal and current players… injuries ended that, he can’t control that, get a clue.
While that may be true this season, we were terrible on offense the previous two seasons with very few injuries. We will probably be terrible until we move to a system with a mobile QB like every other top program has. Respecting a QB that can break containment and throw some, completely changes how defenses would play us..

Sam LaPorta caught one touchdown his final year at Iowa. Let that sink in.
he had 53 catches last yr. we had 1 wr on scholly who was betting the under to help take pressure off of him, to imply he was not a focus of our offfense is insane. The guy faced double cov all yr.

Yall think just bc there’s a portal we need to go play the game. It’s like a new phone comes out and you go waste your dough on it when the one you have is as good or proven better.

We don’t need much from the portal this yr as of now.

OFF-
RB -Sounds like KJ is back so we’re set at RB with the other sticking around. No need.

WR - we are as legit as we’ve ever been. Brown is a flat out stud, top level guy. Pay him, keep him happy. No one has 4 or 5 like him on one team, keep him, feed him.
Maybe find 1 big body possession guy and a special teams top end speed guy, but in the end we have some talent that has yet to see the field. If Bostick can stay healthy he’s legit, was going to play as a frosh but got hurt. Wetjen is fast and can play a part.

TE - no need at all. Lachey, All, Oste etc

OL- plenty deep another yr of growth w good young talent. You’re not going to get some stud that can walk in and easily beat out what we have. Look for 1 big LT that’s about it.

DEF-

spend the $$ on a DT & CBs, but if we get most back like it sounds we’re set. There are a couple young Dline ready to step in, trust me.

This is not a big portal yr as we sit, find the right OC, pay and keep the guys we have, and we go to the 12 next yr!
Bernie Sanders Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

he had 53 catches last yr. we had 1 wr on scholly who was betting the under to help take pressure off of him, to imply he was not a focus of our offfense is insane. The guy faced double cov all yr.
He had Spencer as his QB…. jfc

2 guys of significance which is MacNamara and Lachey. Those two being absent don’t drop a team to last in the country offensively. Look at what we did with them. It wasn’t lights out, buddy.
He was playin g hurt from day 1… buddy. Jfc

The portal is simply an extension of recruiting … NIL is simply an extension of pay for play which the SEC started years ago. In many ways they both level the playing field and you have to participate in both if you want a chance to succeed. It’s really that simple.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
Yall think just bc there’s a portal we need to go play the game. It’s like a new phone comes out and you go waste your dough on it when the one you have is as good or proven better.

OFF-
RB -Sounds like KJ is back so we’re set at RB with the other sticking around. No need.

WR - we are as legit as we’ve ever been. Brown is a flat out stud, top level guy. Pay him, keep him happy. No one has 4 or 5 like him on one team, keep him, feed him.
Maybe find 1 big body possession guy and a special teams top end speed guy, but in the end we have some talent that has yet to see the field. If Bostick can stay healthy he’s legit, was going to play as a frosh but got hurt. Wetjen is fast and can play a part.

OL- plenty deep another yr of growth w good young talent. You’re not going to get some stud that can walk in and easily beat out what we have. Look for 1 big LT that’s about it.

DEF-

spend the $$ on a DT & CBs, but if we get most back like it sounds we’re set. There are a couple young Dline ready to step in, trust me.

This is not a big portal yr as we sit, find the right OC, pay and keep the guys we have, and we go to the 12 next yr!
"WR - we are as legit as we've ever been"

You had no credibility before....now you're way under water.

Stop posting.

Did u even watch the games? They definitely improved and will gain weight, strength and execution with another yr. Our failure is more about the time our QB took to get the ball in the air and when you can’t do that then DEF can load up on the run. We way over performed running based on the circumstances. Imagine a DEF having to defend our pass also. It all works together not separately like the stat book.
This is the definition of insanity. Always "1 more year" with this OLine. This whole post is just one big contradiction.

This is the definition of insanity. Always "1 more year" with this OLine. This whole post is just one big contradiction.
For the last 4-5 years we’ve heard from multiple posters posting the same thing @hawkisoaker posts. They name 1 receiver and then name the multiple guys on the bench that have never caught a pass and say the room is good. Our 2 top ends are gone as well. We have a QB that is coming off 2 ACL surgeries and his backup is the worst rated QB in D1. I’m convinced the scheme is a giant problem for the o line as we put them in terrible situations 95% of the time. My favorite is the 3rd and 8 empty backfield with Deacon which we expect our o line to block them successfully.

The portal is simply an extension of recruiting … NIL is simply an extension of pay for play which the SEC started years ago. In many ways they both level the playing field and you have to participate in both if you want a chance to succeed. It’s really that simple.
💯

For the last 4-5 years we’ve heard from multiple posters posting the same thing @hawkisoaker posts. They name 1 receiver and then name the multiple guys on the bench that have never caught a pass and say the room is good. Our 2 top ends are gone as well. We have a QB that is coming off 2 ACL surgeries and his backup is the worst rated QB in D1. I’m convinced the scheme is a giant problem for the o line as we put them in terrible situations 95% of the time. My favorite is the 3rd and 8 empty backfield with Deacon which we expect our o line to block them successfully.
Lachey and All are both gone for sure?

Lachey and All are both gone for sure?
All like Cade has had 2 big surgeries. He’d be crazy to come back. Lachey I guess could come back but he’s damn good and again, your career is only so long. Do you risk getting hurt again? He’s a pro for sure.

OFF-

DEF-

Holy Heck son! 6 Buckeye stickers will be removed from yer raw meatloaf helmet get thinkin the OL doesn’t need help. Here’s a wooden nickel. Call yer family. You didn’t make the team.

All like Cade has had 2 big surgeries. He’d be crazy to come back. Lachey I guess could come back but he’s damn good and again, your career is only so long. Do you risk getting hurt again? He’s a pro for sure.
What are All’s NFL prospects?

I had assumed he was coming back. I wasn’t sure about Lachey.

"WR - we are as legit as we've ever been"

You had no credibility before....now you're way under water.

Stop posting.
Name a WR with more potential than Brown in recent history?

He’s the village idiot.
You thinking we’ll go to the portal and find a bunch of better olineman … is the definition of IDIOT. It’s been highly documented and covered that Olineman have been the biggest miss for all teams in the portal. Get a frigging clue before you run your dmbass trap, moron.

• Haha
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
Name a WR with more potential than Brown in recent history?
I’d agree on Brown. Potential. He has it. We have nobody else in the room who has done anything or even seen the field. We’ve seen how this plays out. For some reason they don’t see the field or when they do they can’t grasp an offense or can’t catch. 1 guy. That’s it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT