ADVERTISEMENT

Getting Embarassed on the Road

i'm not sure how athletes at this stage dont get upset & show some fire when they are getting their azz kicked. always bugged me about frans teams
Why didn't he put Wagner in to just foul someone hard. That's what I liked about Kriener, he at least played with some toughness.

Reactions: RocknRollface
i'm not sure how athletes at this stage dont get upset & show some fire when they are getting their azz kicked. always bugged me about frans teams

Have to agree with this. They never took giving up a dunk contest personally.

You dunk on me once, that’s great. You won’t dunk on me again and that means whatever it takes to stop that.

Have to agree with this. They never took giving up a dunk contest personally.

You dunk on me once, that’s great. You won’t dunk on me again and that means whatever it takes to stop that.
Wrong. I saw effort. After that 7th consecutive dunk Moss hustled the ball down to the hoop for a fake into a missed layup only to casually jog back on to defense while appearing to get distracted by some dirt under his fingernail.

Last edited:
Instead we get extended minutes for tissue soft Nunge
Take that situation and replace Nunge with Joe (the Savior) Weis something. As an Iowa fan are you comfortable with that? Or is he just another great high school player being thrown to the wolves.

Don't blame the players. Blame the $10 million dollar genius that dreamed up this roster and taught them everything he knows about B-ball.
Fran and the staff deserve plenty of blame.

HOWEVER, there is no excuse for not playing 100% all the time.

Laziness is inexcusable. The players look like they don’t care.

Wrong. After that 7th consecutive dunk Moss hustled the ball down to the hoop for a fake into a missed layup only to casually jog back on to defense while appearing to get distracted by some dirt under his fingernail.

Edit update: after further DVR review it was not dirt under his fingernail afterall. It turns out he was actually flicking an eye booger he got when he fell asleep on the bench during the second TV timeout.

I am so tired of watching this team that I decided to delete the second half from the DVR. My frame of mind is much better as a result. Apparently we have gotten 20 points worse since the BIG opener when we lost a four point game to PSU.

How often did you see lazy play under Bo Ryan? The buck stops at the coach.

Precisely. Fran needs to cut bait with half this team or he should be gone. Sorry man. It is either the players or the coach at this point in time. I don’t think it is the players.

Reactions: HawkLogic
Precisely. Fran needs to cut bait with half this team or he should be gone. Sorry man. It is either the players or the coach at this point in time. I don’t think it is the players.

It’s both and neither the players or coaches have any pride. Keep cashing those checks and going through the motions on the court boys. Sad what Iowa basketball has become.

Take that situation and replace Nunge with Joe (the Savior) Weis something. As an Iowa fan are you comfortable with that? Or is he just another great high school player being thrown to the wolves.

The lack of pride is the biggest concern for me. You can’t just give up when things go bad.

Neither Connor or Joe would have allowed the dunk parade without some hard fouls.

Reactions: mstp1992
Does any of this make any sense? Fran is supposed to be a fiery intense competitor, but his teams play soft uninspired basketball. There is no identity once again for Fran's team other than being awful defensively. He has not fixed anything since the season started because he has jacked up this roster beyond repair. If guys had the potential to improve, they would. Other than Cook, Bohannon and Garza, I can't find any positives.

Neither Connor or Weiskamp will be close enough to guys to be able to commit hard fouls. As we have seen with our current roster, it's either blow by them off the bounce or dunk on their heads as they look up. Connor and Weiskamp will be posterized like others against superior athletes, which is pretty much everyone they will face in the big ten.

Last edited:
Does any of this make any sense? Fran is supposed to be a fiery intense competitor, but his teams play soft uninspired basketball. There is no identity once again for Fran's team other than being awful defensively. He has not fixed anything since the season started because he has jacked up this roster beyond repair. If guys had the potential to improve, they would. Other than Cook, Bohannon and Garza, I can't find any positives.

Neither Connor or Weiskamp will be close enough to guys to be able to commit hard fouls. As we have seen with our current roster, it's either blow by them off the bounce or dunk on their heads as they look up. Connor and Weiskamp will be posterized like others against superior athletes, which is pretty much everyone they will face in the big ten.

Oh come on. Defense is 80% effort and intelligence.

Remember the early season cupcake we hammered? Now we are the cupcake. However their coaches got $70000 salary, $5000 for recruiting, and got to play in high school size gyms

Oh come on. Defense is 80% effort and intelligence.

Have you ever played basketball? Serious question. Based on your responses, I suspect the answer is no. I am glad you can live in this fantasy world where 'knowing Fran's system' makes us better next year, but the gap between you and reality is as wide as the talent gap Iowa faces. If Fran recruits all these great students, then it's not intelligence, so are you saying it is lack of effort. If true, this is on Fran and he should be shown the door so we can get a coach who can recruit kids who give effort or a staff who can get effort from them.

Are DanL and HawkiBob ghost writing your posts?

There’s a big difference losing a close, tough-fought game on the road.

And then there’s Iowa.

We aren’t just losing... we’re getting destroyed. For anyone thinking Fran is going to “turn things around” in years 9, 10, 20... you are fooling yourself. Fran has reached his ceiling at Iowa. Sadly, we’re left with an inept AD and a culture that accepts “we’re okay with being ‘just okay.’”

Last edited:
When will our guys get tired of being the “chum” for other team’s highlight videos. We fold like a cheap suit! PS... our matchup zone yields nothing but bunnies for the guy left wide open!
We are not a smart team!!! Same old high school mistakes over and over again. Getting very old.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT