ADVERTISEMENT

GimmeRed Life Update

I sincerely felt this way for over 20 years on the Rivals network and never once put a single poster on ignore on any forum. ...then a certain group of handles started posting on HROT and here we are.

Same. As a point of pride, I didn't ignore a single person for 25 years of posting.

Fast forward to current HROT, when just about every interaction you have with certain people devolves into "neener neener you suck libtard" and any thread they start has that basic feel to it, there's zero value in having those interactions.

Do people feel they get actual value beyond entertainment from HORTGOAT?
I Do Love GIF by The Bachelor

I've actually met several posters in real life and become good friends. ...Same over on the gator board as well as Whorechant.

Explain.

My point is simple observation - the people who spew ignorance and hate are typically the first ones to whine about being put on ignore. When all they need to realize is no one wants to listen to their bullshit.
Making fun of you for ignoring others doesn't mean people are triggered, it just means they're laughing at you. Please don't take that as a sign/encouragement to physically assault them for laughing like this person did:

Riley you're flitting with rules violations right now with those aggrevated attacks.. please try and do better as I am. We can all get along.
No attack at all - I was agreeing with you. And you continue to prove my point.

Like clockwork.

Reactions: millah_22
Explain.

My point is simple observation - the people who spew ignorance and hate are typically the first ones to whine about being put on ignore. When all they need to realize is no one wants to listen to their bullshit.
Okay.
Clarification accepted. I don’t spew ignorance or hate so I’m not included in your observations.
My daughter’s best friend in high school had an uncle who became her aunt and who was just one of her favorite persons ever. I liked her too. Extremely witty and fun and she made a wicked batch of brownies with some fun stuff added. 🥳😵‍💫

Especially when it is something that has zero impact on their own life. They’re literally going out of their way to create hate and to be a complete asshole.

It’s even more disgusting to think how many of them claim to be religious.
I've noticed there is a strong correlation between religious people and hate. It is why I stopped going to church. The vast majority of people I knew and still know that are religious are also very hateful and use their religion as a shield against being called out for it. I don't have time for that I don't want to be associated with that in any way

I've noticed there is a strong correlation between religious people and hate. It is why I stopped going to church. The vast majority of people I knew and still know that are religious are also very hateful and use their religion as a shield against being called out for it. I don't have time for that I don't want to be associated with that in any way
Strange, I've noticed the same about outspoken atheists..

Reactions: BrianNole777
It’s even more disgusting to think how many of them claim to be religious.

That's why it's good to question religion, especially in this day and age when the Bible is weaponized for political gain and most evangelicals have sold their souls on the alter of abortion laws. Following Christ and being religious can sometimes intersect, but they are not necessarily the same. There's definitely some differences in motivation and authenticity.

Motivation:

IMO, following Christ involves a personal, heartfelt commitment to living according to the teachings and example of Jesus Christ (it's a focus on Him, not a focus on behavior modification). It often stems from a deep faith, love, and desire to emulate Christ's life and teachings. Whereas being religious can involve adherence to rituals, doctrines, and traditions of a particular religion without necessarily having a personal relationship with the divine or a deep spiritual connection.

Authenticity:

Following Christ encourages authenticity, honesty, and integrity in one's spiritual journey. It values sincerity of heart and a genuine desire to grow closer to God and embody Christ-like qualities (like loving others more than they love themselves Matthew 23:29). Being Religious more often than not just leads to outward displays of piety or conformity to religious norms without genuine inner transformation or a sincere commitment to spiritual values. You know, the cherry picking of scripture to support an agenda?

Could you imagine if mainstream "Christian" politicians adhered to this?

Okay.
Clarification accepted. I don’t spew ignorance or hate so I’m not included in your observations.
My daughter’s best friend in high school had an uncle who became her aunt and who was just one of her favorite persons ever. I liked her too. Extremely witty and fun and she made a wicked batch of brownies with some fun stuff added. 🥳😵‍💫
You’re not on my ignore list.

I find you frustrating but ultimately benign.

Reactions: BelemNole
I've noticed there is a strong correlation between religious people and hate. It is why I stopped going to church.

Just don't talk to any of the parishioners while you're there. It's not supposed to be a social club anyway.

Or, find a new Church.

Problem solved. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT