ADVERTISEMENT

GimmeRed Life Update

Gimmered

HR Legend
Nov 9, 2005
McCook Nebraska
Wow what a day! So, just to share a bit about myself, something that I haven't mentioned to the board, So, several months ago, I made an offer to my plant manager to give up my Dayshift Shift lead job and move to the 3-11 shift as a Senior Quality Lab Tech. The issues we were having was we were bleeding scrap dollars because of a serious lack of experience on that shift and had no way to offer support. The change was finally made the first of this month. So with this change, my normal work hours will be 3PM to 11PM. However, there was a need for a bit of training, so I'm working a split shift, going in at noon and working until I feel comfortable that I'm not needed.

So imagine my surprise to come home and find that I'm the subject of a 5 page attack in a locked thread. WTF @kwik44 ? Locked but not deleted? I can't respond? @Scruddy is allowed to call me Retarded and still is a poster? @Phenomenally Frantastic is allowed to totally misrepresent my journey as the parent of a Trans child? I can assure you neither would stand face to face with me and say that.

So, for those who stood up and defended me, and for those who called the trash out, thank you! Some of you even have a different position than I do, and still called the trash out. That says a lot about you!

For those of you that have never heard of our journey and the trials of being a parent, I've been as open as I could be, we have always taken a slow and informed approach to every treatment. My child, assigned Female at birth went through some serious struggles at the onset of puberty, Went through several years of therapy, many visits with medical professionals treated the anxiety, depression, and insomnia for years before even approaching the Gender Dysphoria. I've had conversations with them that I never thought I would have with a child. But contrary to what the trash would have you believe, my child is 19, a Freshman in College, made the Presidents list for their first semester, and also is a fully intact biological female, tits and all. They are on hormones which has helped the tremendously. As a surprise baby, they have been the most challenging, most rewarding pain in my ass I could have imagined. If I had the power to change them, I would not change one thing.

Now as some of you remember, I have 6 kids n total, My oldest is going through a divorce right now, it been a challenge. We are in contact multiple time a day most days. He hurts, but we'll work through this as a family. My Number 3 son just got a nice promotion and raise, as to be expected, his car kinda crapped out at 225,000 miles, he'll come up with car, but the timing could be better. My number 4 son, like my youngest deals with depression. Hs is seasonal, and the winters are brutal for him. He also owns a moving company in Omaha and the housing market has tanked and the business is pretty bad right now. He has lad the crew off and is running freight to keep the business afloat. The problem he has had is with the emissions on his truck. For him, it can seem like the universe is against him and the things that should be simple become impossible. Again, we are in contact daily, but it really sucks to be 4 hours away from a child who need you.

So if any of you would like to take a shot at me as a parent, at any of my 5 straight, cisgender kids, or my non-binary child, please try to do it when I could respond in the morning, or try not to be such an ass that I can respond late at night.

And just to piss off the rest of you who haven't figured out that the Red in Gimmered is for the Huskers and to provide you with a real reason to hate me.

GBR!!!!!

**** the huskers. But you, gimmered are a ok in my book.

I must have missed a thread and some drama today. Gimmer, **** the haters. You, for all intents and purposes seem like a great father. Sorry you and your family are having some struggles right now. You are clearly being the leader your family needs. Respect.

parenting is hard man.

**** the huskers. But you, gimmered are a ok in my book.

I must have missed a thread and some drama today. Gimmer, **** the haters. You, for all intents and purposes seem like a great father. Sorry you and your family are having some struggles right now. You are clearly being the leader your family needs. Respect.

parenting is hard man.

Hate that this will just die. Lots of great insight from the trash.

Wow what a day! So, just to share a bit about myself, something that I haven't mentioned to the board, So, several months ago, I made an offer to my plant manager to give up my Dayshift Shift lead job and move to the 3-11 shift as a Senior Quality Lab Tech. The issues we were having was we were bleeding scrap dollars because of a serious lack of experience on that shift and had no way to offer support. The change was finally made the first of this month. So with this change, my normal work hours will be 3PM to 11PM. However, there was a need for a bit of training, so I'm working a split shift, going in at noon and working until I feel comfortable that I'm not needed.

So imagine my surprise to come home and find that I'm the subject of a 5 page attack in a locked thread. WTF @kwik44 ? Locked but not deleted? I can't respond? @Scruddy is allowed to call me Retarded and still is a poster? @Phenomenally Frantastic is allowed to totally misrepresent my journey as the parent of a Trans child? I can assure you neither would stand face to face with me and say that.

So, for those who stood up and defended me, and for those who called the trash out, thank you! Some of you even have a different position than I do, and still called the trash out. That says a lot about you!

For those of you that have never heard of our journey and the trials of being a parent, I've been as open as I could be, we have always taken a slow and informed approach to every treatment. My child, assigned Female at birth went through some serious struggles at the onset of puberty, Went through several years of therapy, many visits with medical professionals treated the anxiety, depression, and insomnia for years before even approaching the Gender Dysphoria. I've had conversations with them that I never thought I would have with a child. But contrary to what the trash would have you believe, my child is 19, a Freshman in College, made the Presidents list for their first semester, and also is a fully intact biological female, tits and all. They are on hormones which has helped the tremendously. As a surprise baby, they have been the most challenging, most rewarding pain in my ass I could have imagined. If I had the power to change them, I would not change one thing.

Now as some of you remember, I have 6 kids n total, My oldest is going through a divorce right now, it been a challenge. We are in contact multiple time a day most days. He hurts, but we'll work through this as a family. My Number 3 son just got a nice promotion and raise, as to be expected, his car kinda crapped out at 225,000 miles, he'll come up with car, but the timing could be better. My number 4 son, like my youngest deals with depression. Hs is seasonal, and the winters are brutal for him. He also owns a moving company in Omaha and the housing market has tanked and the business is pretty bad right now. He has lad the crew off and is running freight to keep the business afloat. The problem he has had is with the emissions on his truck. For him, it can seem like the universe is against him and the things that should be simple become impossible. Again, we are in contact daily, but it really sucks to be 4 hours away from a child who need you.

So if any of you would like to take a shot at me as a parent, at any of my 5 straight, cisgender kids, or my non-binary child, please try to do it when I could respond in the morning, or try not to be such an ass that I can respond late at night.

And just to piss off the rest of you who haven't figured out that the Red in Gimmered is for the Huskers and to provide you with a real reason to hate me.

GBR!!!!!

F**k the Huskers.

Now that that's out of the way, you sound like an amazing father. Your children are lucky to have someone like you rather than the bigots of this board.

These insecure little trolls will fade. Know your children have more support than the moron incels on this board want them to know.

The children are the future, and the future is bleak for hatred!

I'm at a loss as to why they are still posters. It's not my house so not my rules.

@Phenomenally Frantastic and @Scruddy both appear to still exist. Hopefully @kwik44 does the right thing and gives both a temporary time out at a minimum. It’s well earned.

We all might as well start planning our next board invasion. It is clear this board is imploding right now. It is really unfortunate as this has been a great board for numerous reasons for 20 years for me. God damn, that is borderline pathetic as I type that out.

So… what say you hort lifers. Where to next??

@Phenomenally Frantastic and @Scruddy both appear to still exist. Hopefully @kwik44 does the right thing and gives both a temporary time out at a minimum. It’s well earned.

We all might as well start planning our next board invasion. It is clear this board is imploding right now. It is really unfortunate as this has been a great board for numerous reasons for 20 years for me. God damn, that is borderline pathetic as I type that out.

So… what say you hort lifers. Where to next??

Here!

@DFSNOLE is a mod.

Join us.

GBR!!!!!
I wish you and your family the very best. We are all different but at the end of the day, the same human family. Take care.

I really feel off for the OP. Anonymous bigots attacking him and his family. It isn't hard to figure out where Kwik stands in this. He's MAGA. I'm starting to wonder about the higher ups, however. It's weird that so much anti LGBTQ bigotry has flourished under Kwik's rule when the new leadership is more generally supportive of women's athletics and especially the women's basketball team, who are very supportive of LGBTQ rights. The new leaders are either wholly absent, or supportive of the bigotry.

GBR!!!!!
The board is “transitioning” away from being inundated with tranny sob stories.

GBR!!!!!
Do you have room for some of these heroes? Asking for jo > https://www.foxnews.com/politics/san-diego-streets-airport-flooded-1500-migrants-mass-release

First let me say it's never okay to attack a parent in the way PF did and the fact he used your openness against you is absolute trash. His brazen move should have resulted in a permanent ban. UPDATE: Looks like it did. 💪

While I may not fully comprehend transgenderism, your journey, along with Tarp's, has been incredibly enlightening for me. It has prompted me to take active steps towards understanding rather than succumbing to ignorance or prejudice. I firmly believe that honest conversations, like the ones we've had, are the cornerstone of progress and empathy. When I joined the Rivals network over 20 years ago, I was a staunch Republican. However, through decades of honest conversation (which is often VERY hard due to needing to sift through the mire of trolls), my political needle has moved drastically towards the middle.

And in doing so (through a lot of introspection), it's also deepened my faith in Jesus Christ and allowed me to really see how Evangelicals have weaponized the Bible and infected politics to the point you and your family have been attacked rather than loved. For that, I am deeply saddened and can only apologize for their ignorance.

On a more personal note, I admire your dedication and love as a parent to your five children. As a fellow parent, I understand the immense joy and responsibility that comes with raising children, and it's heartening to find common ground in our shared experiences.

Congratulations on your recent career move! It's unfortunate that such a positive moment was overshadowed by the negativity of others. Nevertheless, I hope you continue to find support and encouragement within our odd little corner of the Internet. Despite the anonymity that characterizes online forums, I believe we've forged genuine connections here, and it's these relationships that make our interactions meaningful.

Lastly, you're gonna have to give us time to process the biggest bomb drop in your OP, the fact you're a Husker. 🤢🤮

Celebrate In Love GIF by Max

Last edited:
I admit I don't get all this trans stuff and I clearly don't know how to ask questions the right way (or in a way that makes every one warm and fuzzy), BUT there are certain lines that shouldn't be crossed. Calling out a parent like that is beyond douchy and that asshole should be banned.

After reading the OP, it's clear this dad loves his kids. In today's world you really can't ask for more than that.

It’s much too difficult to have a cogent conversation on trans issues here. Someone like me has basically lost prior to even starting, which is why you’ll rarely see me respond in those threads.

I’ll just continue to be a ridiculously productive citizen who can stand solidly on my own two feet. And I firmly believe you’re better off knowing me than not.

Keep up the excellent guidance of your family @Gimmered.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT