ADVERTISEMENT

Giuliani from American Hero to One of the Suckers Born Every Minute...

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Owes bank $10k in overdraft fees. Early on I could feel bad for the guy but he kept riding the wave of Trump corruption and swindle... Much like celebrities who go off the deep end, I at least hope some of his true friends can claim they did everything they could to warn him and try to prevent him being taken advantage of by Trump and the MAGAs.

Giuliani Claims Trump Owes Him $2M In Legal Fees​

February 8, 2024 Trump Corruption, Trump Lies

Mediaite reports:
Rudy Giuliani said in bankruptcy court on Wednesday that Donald Trump’s 2020 presidential campaign owes him $2 million in legal fees.
“At that point, he had a tremendous number of complaints that there had been fraud in the election,” Giuliani said in a meeting with creditors and the office of the U.S. Trustee in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in New York. “He asked me to lead that effort.”
“Once I took over, it was my understanding that I would be paid by the campaign for my legal work and my expenses to be paid,” Giuliani said in Wednesday’s meeting. “When we submitted the invoice for payment, they just paid the expenses. Not all but most. They never paid the legal fees.”
Read the full article. Earlier this week it was reported that Giuliani owes his bank $10,000 in checking overdraft fees.

Rudy Giuliani said in bankruptcy court on Wednesday that Donald Trump’s 2020 presidential campaign owes him $2 million in legal fees.

John Cena Reaction GIF by WWE

It’s a stunning downfall. His work during the Mafia Commission Trial in the 80s broke the back of organized crime in NYC. He was similarly noteworthy during 9/11 and in the aftermath. He was America’s mayor. Now look at him. Sad deal.
At one point he was on track to likely go down as one of the great leaders in American history. But, he got suckered into the grift and has literally lost everything.

I don't feel bad for him - he went towards that light willingly, and there were plenty of examples to show him how it was going to end; he just didn't pay attention.

At one point he was on track to likely go down as one of the great leaders in American history. But, he got suckered into the grift and has literally lost everything.
After his stint as mayor, even after his failed presidential run, Rudy could have taken a plush position with just about any white shoe law firm on Park Avenue. It would have been the easy life … earn millions just to lend your name to the letterhead, pick and choose which clients to represent and which cases to take, if any, set your own schedule etc.

Instead, he gravitated towards Trump - a glorified mob boss, the kind of character he made a name prosecuting.

Turns out he craved attention and publicity more than anything. Trump was the magnet. The “screw loose” theory may be equally valid.

You could add Mike Flynn to this category also.

After his stint as mayor, even after his failed presidential run, Rudy could have taken a plush position with just about any white shoe law firm on Park Avenue. It would have been the easy life … earn millions just to lend your name to the letterhead, pick and choose which clients to represent and which cases to take, if any, set your own schedule etc.

Instead, he gravitated towards Trump - a glorified mob boss, the kind of character he made a name prosecuting.

Turns out he craved attention and publicity more than anything. Trump was the magnet. The “screw loose” theory may be equally valid.
He went to work for Bracewell Patterson (becoming Bracewell Giuliani). I had some interactions with him. First, Rudy decided he liked the good life a lot. So he invited a security consulting practice...basically convince cities and events that the next Muslim bombing was going to happen any day in their city. Who is going to say now to America's mayor. They would pay him exorbitant fees, his underlying would write a report basically saying you have to militarize your city. City would stuff it in a drawer. Eventually everyone caught on to the grift and he was gently pushed out of Bracewell. By that time the booze and sexual harassment had overtaken any credibility he may have had and he ventured out with the political hucksters.

“Once I took over, it was my understanding that I would be paid by the campaign for my legal work and my expenses to be paid,” Giuliani said in Wednesday’s meeting. “When we submitted the invoice for payment, they just paid the expenses. Not all but most. They never paid the legal fees.”

You defended a liar, grifter and cheater, knowing full well that he lies, grifts and cheats. Now you're surprised when he lies, grifts and cheats on you?

No, I do not feel sorry for him. But I am sad to see people follow Trump into the crapper.

Regarding the $2 million in legal fees - if that's for the state court hopping he did with about 60 lawsuits in late 2020 and 2021 and didn't get paid for his work, he's a complete fool for doing it without payment assurances.

It’s a stunning downfall. His work during the Mafia Commission Trial in the 80s broke the back of organized crime in NYC. He was similarly noteworthy during 9/11 and in the aftermath. He was America’s mayor. Now look at him. Sad deal.
It truly is one of the all time downfalls of a once great leader. He went from "America's Mayor," to being broke and will ALWAYS be remembered for this:

Four_Seasons_Total_Landscaping_press_conference.jpeg

It truly is one of the all time downfalls of a once great leader. He went from "America's Mayor," to being broke and will ALWAYS be remembered for this:

Four_Seasons_Total_Landscaping_press_conference.jpeg
What are you talking about? They meant to have a press conference at a garage filled with lawnmowers and snowplow parts!

I couldn’t type that with a straight face.

• Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
Proof that after a certain age you really need to tap out.

Guy could have had a nice life doing quick guest spots on TV or even a podcast on some of his old mafia days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT