ADVERTISEMENT

Gold medalist Algerian Boxer Imane Khelif Files Legal Complaint Over Online Harassment Following Gender Outcry

Are you proposing all female athletes be required to have testing to determine if they have XY chromosomes? Do you want the middle and high school athletic physicals to include genetic testing?

No, but I don’t think it’s outrageous to propose genetic testing for the Olympics.

Should a biological male with testosterone-producing testes be competing against women?

No, but I don’t think it’s outrageous to propose genetic testing for the Olympics.

Should a biological male with testosterone-producing testes be competing against women?
We're not talking about a biological male, we're talking about a women with with a vagina. If you think all females need to be tested to compete in the Olympics why stop there? The same women have been competing at the middle school, high school, and college levels. If it's so important for Olympic fairness, why isn't it important earlier in their careers? If you think this is absolutely necessary for fairness then every girl's sport at all levels should require this genetic testing.

I don't know if you were one of those complaining about the lack of answers to the question "what is a woman", but those that were have now added an additional requirement to their expected definition.

We're not talking about a biological male, we're talking about a women with with a vagina. If you think all females need to be tested to compete in the Olympics why stop there? The same women have been competing at the middle school, high school, and college levels. If it's so important for Olympic fairness, why isn't it important earlier in their careers? If you think this is absolutely necessary for fairness then every girl's sport at all levels should require this genetic testing.

I don't know if you were one of those complaining about the lack of answers to the question "what is a woman", but those that were have now added an additional requirement to their expected definition.

I wouldn't waste any energy trying to understand, the goalposts will just move again. This rush to judgement and insistence on being owed an answer was the inevitable place for this to go once it jumped into the political and legal sphere.

This is precisely why seeds of doubt is an atrocious model for legislation. It places the onus of proof on the innocent once bad actors are aware of avenues that they can abuse.

Reactions: globalhawk

You’re really comparing the absolute highest level of athletic competition with 7th grade girls’ basketball? No, they should not adhere to the same standards. The Olympics requires greater scrutiny and testing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT