ADVERTISEMENT

Golf balls...does brand or type matter to you?

Feb 9, 2013
I have collected a couple hundred balls during my walks with my dog (and more all the time) so I don’t think I will ever have to buy golf balls again.

When I play I grab a few but don’t really pay attention to what they are until I’m out there. Honestly, I can’t tell much of a difference. I hit a Kirkland ball just as good as a Pro VI. So many other variables in play before a particular ball would be a factor.

How about you?

Reactions: HawkFan1298
I buy recycled higher end balls like Chrome Softs and Pro VIs because I like balance: they make a huge difference over a shitty ball and I'm just bad enough where I still lose a shit ton of them.

I'm trying to play as much as I can and get better. I'm to the point now where I can play my home course with 1 ball 8/9 times out of 10 but I can still shit balls away ither places. I'm using my money in greens fees/ more comfortable shoes/bag ect. I play refurbished PV1 most of the time.

39563.jpg

Brand no. Type yes. I don't care if I have a prov1, chromesoft, or tp5. Interesting seeing reviews of the new costco ball, I just bought some of them, which seem to be along the same lines. We'll see.

A hard ball won't sit on the greens as well, but will travel a bit further.

Brand no. Type yes. I don't care if I have a prov1, chromesoft, or tp5. Interesting seeing reviews of the new costco ball, I just bought some of them, which seem to be along the same lines. We'll see.

A hard ball won't sit on the greens as well, but will travel a bit further.

Same here. I have played all the premium models and they work well for me.

I usually grab one of the early season deals where I get 3 dozen custom imprint PV1 for the cost of 2 dozen. Will last me all season.

Depends on skill level/swing. If you have low swing speed, there's no reason to waste your money on the higher priced balls.

The most confusing person on the golf course is the 25+ Handicapper that spends thousands of dollars on their equipment and never gets better.

Bruh... you could shoot the same with old wooden Powerbilts.

Depends on skill level/swing. If you have low swing speed, there's no reason to waste your money on the higher priced balls.

The most confusing person on the golf course is the 25+ Handicapper that spends thousands of dollars on their equipment and never gets better.

Bruh... you could shoot the same with old wooden Powerbilts.
Very true. Nearly half of the ~200 balls I’ve found are Pro VIs.

I suck so bad it doesn't matter to me. Most of the balls in my bag currently I found. But I donate several back each round. The golf equivalent of the "leave a penny/take a penny" tray at the gas station.
Interesting thing I read a couple weeks ago - PGA estimates that approximately 100-120,000 balls go in the pond surrounding the 17th green at Sawgrass each year.

I play Vice 90% of the time. I'll strategically play Prov1s the other 10% of the time on wide open holes with no water or woods. In my experience, the feel of them is very similar but the Prov1s are more durable.

I play Vice 90% of the time. I'll strategically play Prov1s the other 10% of the time on wide open holes with no water or woods. In my experience, the feel of them is very similar but the Prov1s are more durable.
There are some who say grabbing a water ball sets you up for failure.

But at $45/dozen...😂

Typical cost of a round-
Green fees plus cart: 40-70
Booze/cart girl tips: 20-40
Lost balls: 15-20
The 9 iron you break over your knee and throw in the pond after another duffed approach shot: 150, but it was totally the clubs fault.

No sense in spending a ton on balls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT