ADVERTISEMENT

gonna need to pack your own shampoo before going to NY

QChawks

HB King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
FILE - Hotels in New York will no longer be allowed to provide mini bottles of toiletry items...

(Gray News) - Starting next year, you will not be able to get those small bottles of shampoo and lotion at hotels in New York.
A law signed by New York Gov. Kathy Hochul in 2021 goes into effect on Jan. 1, 2025.
The law bans mini shampoos, conditioners, body washes and lotions that are in plastic containers for hotels and motels with more than 50 rooms.
The new state law is aimed to help reduce waste. Small bottles refer to any bottle less than 12 ounces.

The restrictions were supposed to start in 2023, but hotel industry lobbyists pushed for the delay so hotel owners could use their stock of bottles already on hand.

For hotels with fewer than 50 rooms, the law goes into effect in 2026.

Several hotels even outside of New York have already stopped using small bottles and switched to having dispensers installed with shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion.

I haven't seen hotel sized shampoo or conditioner in a long time. Almost all hotels have transitioned to dispensers in the shower with bulk supplies.

You ever wonder what weirdos of the world put in those bottles as "gifts" for the next guest?

Always bring your own. Too many @Here_4_a_Day's spanking it all over the place and being degenerates.

Yep it's those damn hotel shampoos that are causing all those issues in NY... and the dems always blame the Rs for solutions to non problems.

Pretty sure you can't buy sodas over like 20 Oz bottles either. The New state motto of NY should be NY where we don't give a damn about your freedoms

Lots of tik tok videos of guys ejaculating into those bulk shower dispensers.

I've never seen a video like this but it's also a reason why I NEVER use any type of dispenser unless it's clearly in a sealed bag such as hand soap.

I won't even use the little coffee pot in a hotel room.

Back in high school a kid on our football team pissed in the opposing team's hand soap dispenser.

Reactions: goldmom
Yep it's those damn hotel shampoos that are causing all those issues in NY... and the dems always blame the Rs for solutions to non problems.

Pretty sure you can't buy sodas over like 20 Oz bottles either. The New state motto of NY should be NY where we don't give a damn about your freedoms
Who said it’s the cause of all issues in New York?

As others have said, seemingly most large-scale hotel chains have moved on to dispensers also. Feel like this is ultimately a plus for hotels.

Reactions: RileyHawk
FILE - Hotels in New York will no longer be allowed to provide mini bottles of toiletry items...

(Gray News) - Starting next year, you will not be able to get those small bottles of shampoo and lotion at hotels in New York.
A law signed by New York Gov. Kathy Hochul in 2021 goes into effect on Jan. 1, 2025.
The law bans mini shampoos, conditioners, body washes and lotions that are in plastic containers for hotels and motels with more than 50 rooms.
The new state law is aimed to help reduce waste. Small bottles refer to any bottle less than 12 ounces.

The restrictions were supposed to start in 2023, but hotel industry lobbyists pushed for the delay so hotel owners could use their stock of bottles already on hand.

Several hotels even outside of New York have already stopped using small bottles and switched to having dispensers installed with shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion.
They'll still have shampoo.

Always a victim.

Reactions: RileyHawk and HROT
I usually take my own, anyway. And, I refill them repeatedly.

I've never seen a video like this but it's also a reason why I NEVER use any type of dispenser unless it's clearly in a sealed bag such as hand soap.

I won't even use the little coffee pot in a hotel room.

Back in high school a kid on our football team pissed in the opposing team's hand soap dispenser.
I have heard that for hotel rooms that you get provided for by an airline when they screw your flight, those are also hotels where they frequently put their crews overnight, and they use the in-room coffee machines to wash socks/pantyhose.

I have about a 20 year supply of small soaps, shampoos and conditioner bottles in my travel bag so I’m probably good for the time being. Hopefully none with jizz added.

When I went to New York last summer, I packed my own shampoo, and it was a lifesaver. I found this amazing brand called Virgo de Novo that kept my hair feeling fresh and shiny despite the crazy city humidity.I remember checking into my hotel and realizing the shampoo they had was just awful—my hair felt so straw-like after one wash! So, I was really glad I brought my own. It made a huge difference, especially with all the walking and exploring.If you're traveling, definitely pack your go-to products! You never know how hotel shampoos will treat your hair.

Last edited:
I think most hotels have been moving away from the small bottle model anyway. I haven't stayed in a hotel that provided small bottles of shampoo for a very long time. Most hotels I've stayed at just have a bracket that holds full size bottles of whatever shampoo the hotel has a deal with. I would imagine that would be a more efficient way of doing it anyway.

I haven't seen hotel sized shampoo or conditioner in a long time. Almost all hotels have transitioned to dispensers in the shower with bulk supplies.
This... they are more convenient as well. The poors lament they can't take the little bottles home from the room and those they steal off the housekeeping cart.

I once volunteered at a place that sorts recycled waste. I remember spending most of the time sorting those little bottles by hand. I don't remember what they were being sorted for--possibly to separate opened from un-opened. Apparently those little bottles account for a disproportionately large amount of recycling-related labor.

Those dispensers are in plenty of rooms already and are refillable. Much less trash and waste from unused product.

If you're avoiding purple shampoos, look for products that are sulfate-free and specifically designed for color-treated hair. Those will help maintain your highlights without stripping moisture. A good moisturizing conditioner can make a huge difference, too, keeping your hair soft and shiny. You might also want to consider something with natural oils or botanical ingredients for extra nourishment. Just remember to choose products that enhance shine and protect your color.
The best I can find for "robot shampoo":

livekindly_ai_robot_hair_prose.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT