ADVERTISEMENT

GOP Amendment Would Ban IVF (funding) For Military Families

As I understand it, their opposition isn’t the child who is successfully born as a result. Their opposition is the fertilized eggs that are eventually deemed useless and then discarded

But he makes zero distinction, even along those lines - he very plainly, very simply, stated that IVF itself is morally wrong. As I said, fug him and fug anyone who'd support his statement.

Subject matter hits pretty close to home for me. As a young adult, my family & I all suffered with one of my sisters as she & her husband tried desperately to have a child & went through IVF multiple times. Got pregnant once & miscarried, tried again & procedure didn't work, 3rd time she got pregnant & had their only child. Years later went through the procedure with my wife to have our first son. Recently, one of my employees has gone through it in similar fashion to what my sister went through (successful procedure followed by miscarriage, unsuccessful procedure, 3rd time the charm).

So yeah, I have a pretty good understanding of the whole thing, and feel pretty strongly about it. I'm fairly confident that the POS Congressman wouldn't have the balls to tell my wife, our son, and I that we were morally wrong for having him. If he did, he'd get to test out how good the Congressional health insurance coverage is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT