ADVERTISEMENT

GOP Sen. Ben Sasse expected to resign from Senate to lead University of Florida

another left wing marxist run out of higher education in florida

desantis does it again!
This is almost a two month old story.
I won’t defend anything uf related but Sasse resigned because his wife has a health condition that has become increasingly problematic.

It affects taxpayers in Florida period. Not necessarily FSU.
Sasse’s tenure at UF has been a disaster. Academy membership is down. The Chinese were literally trafficking bio weapons through the university, which never caught on. The protest punishments and this VP’s reaction were disconnected. Football and basketball are underperforming. Major awards and fellowships? Don’t even ask.

Reactions: Tom Paris
And none of that is relevant to Sasse's grifting.
She's bending over backwards to make sure everyone knows this is 2 months old, so somehow irrelevant. HIs wife is in poor health, which might also have been a great time for a guy to say he was quitting before things got super hot. And, you know, a UF problem, so who cares?
Now, if this had been a Lib you would have her interest.

• Love
She's bending over backwards to make sure everyone knows this is 2 months old, so somehow irrelevant. HIs wife is in poor health, which might also have been a great time for a guy to say he was quitting before things got super hot. And, you know, a UF problem, so who cares?
Now, if this had been a Lib you would have her interest.
Ah yes, the ol' "need to spend more time with the family" resignation excuse, before getting canned.

She's certainly old enough to have heard that one before.

And none of that is relevant to Sasse's grifting.
It’s the reason he resigned, which was mentioned in the original post.
Beyond that the cadre of so-called journalists who are quoted have an agenda and that’s their business. Certain factions within the University have actively been opposed to President Sasse since day one.
But Mrs. Sasse has an illness that has unfortunately progressed and he felt that the family should be his priority.
I’m not aware of the Governor having a role in that.

Last edited:
Sasse’s tenure at UF has been a disaster. Academy membership is down. The Chinese were literally trafficking bio weapons through the university, which never caught on. The protest punishments and this VP’s reaction were disconnected. Football and basketball are underperforming. Major awards and fellowships? Don’t even ask.
So Bayou Billy is on Sasse’s shoulders?
I wonder if there were faculty at uf working with Chinese colleagues prior to Sasse? Shame on the uf BOT and Dr. Fuchs.
Major awards and fellowships trending down?
Boo frickin hoo. You have Nole in your sig. Tell me why you care? Maybe other schools in our state are getting more? I’d say that’s overdue.

Ah yes, the ol' "need to spend more time with the family" resignation excuse, before getting canned.

She's certainly old enough to have heard that one before.
I sure am. And I’m old enough to call BS when liberals with agendas are pursuing a man the liberal faculty and some small rabble rouser student groups opposed.
You and some others aren’t aware of how the politics in Hogtown work but you go ahead and jump right in.

• Haha
I sure am. And I’m old enough to call BS when liberals with agendas are pursuing a man the liberal faculty and some small rabble rouser student groups opposed.
You and some others aren’t aware of how the politics in Hogtown work but you go ahead and jump right in.
LOL, just buy your orange and blue gear now for Nov. 30th.

So if I’m understanding you correctly, it was liberals who caused Sasse to funnel $$ to GOP allies, approve secretive contracts, and balloon spending in the president’s office?

I clearly don’t know shit about Hogtown or politics, but maybe….and I’m just spitballin’ here…the liberals had good reason to oppose Sasse?

It’s the reason he resigned, which was mentioned in the original post.
Beyond that the cadre of so-called journalists who are quoted have an agenda and that’s their business. Certain factions within the University have actively been opposed to President Sasse since day one.
But Mrs. Sasse has an illness that has unfortunately progressed and he felt that the family should be his priority.
I’m not aware if the Governor having a role in that.
Fair. I agree that's a plausible reason for his resignation, but it still doesn't change the fact that he used his position for grift.

So if I’m understanding you correctly, it was liberals who caused Sasse to funnel $$ to GOP allies, approve secretive contracts, and balloon spending in the president’s office?

I clearly don’t know shit about Hogtown or politics, but maybe….and I’m just spitballin’ here…the liberals had good reason to oppose Sasse?
Clearly you must not be aware of the background and political views of the quoted X “journalists”.
Hard core left. That’s their choice. And the fight at a Top 20 school to re-center the politics. It’s not an uncommon situation- deep pocketed conservative alumni vs entrenched and tenured faculty.

Clearly you must not be aware of the background and political views of the quoted X “journalists”.
Hard core left. That’s their choice. And the fight at a Top 20 school to re-center the politics. It’s not an uncommon situation- deep pocketed conservative alumni vs entrenched and tenured faculty.

So hard core “left” journalists caused Sasse to grift? Or was it the entrenched liberal faculty and a small cadre of lefty students?

Not sure why it’s so difficult to say that Sasse was in the wrong for using his position to enrich himself and those around him.

Personality responsibility is ironically missing from all this.

Not knowing how things work never seems to stop you.

Reactions: lucas80

Democrats make Republicans do really bad things.

Reactions: lucas80
So hard core “left” journalists caused Sasse to grift? Or was it the entrenched liberal faculty and a small cadre of lefty students?

Not sure why it’s so difficult to say that Sasse was in the wrong for using his position to enrich himself and those around him.

She had no choice...

Democrats make Republicans do really bad things.

She literally can’t say that Sasse’s tenure was a disaster. I don’t know if it’s the rival school thing or just blind allegiance to DeSantis and all things GOP.

But it sure looks smart to say it was the liberal media or lefty faculty and students that are the real issue.

The lefty “journalists” wrote those articles from a certain POV with a purpose. Not having heard all facts or why these people were brought in I have curiosity for “the rest of the story”.
Why swallow the blurbage without so much as asking for all the details?

• Haha
The lefty “journalists” wrote those articles from a certain POV with a purpose. Not having heard all facts or why these people were brought in I have curiosity for “the rest of the story”.
Come On Wtf GIF

He increased spending out of the president’s office by 3X and the large salaries that were part of that went to political cronies who didn’t do shit for UF.

This isn’t rocket surgery, Goldy.

But….please…keep pounding the “liberal media” schtick.

He increased spending out of the president’s office by 3X and the large salaries that were part of that went to political cronies who didn’t do shit for UF.

This is rocket surgery, Goldy.

Remember, spending is only bad when Democrats do it.

This is rocket surgery, Goldy.

Yep and those guys did a f’n awesome job…selling guys like you their side of the story and convincing you that you had all the facts.
They didn’t even need rocket science-or “surgery”.

Yep and those guys did a f’n awesome job…selling guys like you their side of the story and convincing you that you had all the facts.
They didn’t even need rocket science-or “surgery”.

What’s the “side” of the story? That Sasse ballooned the spending in the president’s office? Or that he hired political cronies to lucrative salaries who “worked” 800 miles away from Gainesville?

I’m not sure where these facts are being “liberalized” by the Soros-funded media.

It’s okay to say “Sasse was a F up at UF”. Goldy. Purse those lips together and give those words a try.

You can always see brainwashed Republicans when they blame the liberal media. That’s been a quick tell for over a decade.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
You can always see brainwashed Republicans when they blame the liberal media. That’s been a quick tell for over a decade.

How dare the liberal media use open records and start to question the salaries and political connections of the Sasse tenure!!! That’s like cheating or something.

Also notable that Sasse promised a non-partisan presidency amid protests over his GOP past, claiming he would engage in “political celibacy,”

How he was spending money - and who it was going to - doesn’t seem very politically celibate. But again: how dare the liberal media hold Sasse’s own promises against him!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT