ADVERTISEMENT

Great coaching and effort tonight

What a terrible thing to say. Basketball was supposed to be a no contact sport but has evolved into full contact street ball. Tony is a detriment to the team trying to play beyond himself dribbling into the lane and loosing the ball, falling down or lowering his shoulder and plowing into an opposing player and wondering why he was called for a foul. Our guard play lacks leadership in a lot of ways.
not sure if you understand sarcasm. Of course no one wants someone to get hurt. It was commentary on Tony's poor game. He has below average handles for a guard. When he drives and jumpstops in the lane, under control, he can be a help to this team but that Tony hasn't shown up that often.

Reactions: Bishop1971
Truly a great win!

I missed the first half due to a soccer game, thankfully.

The zone really caused Indy problems. Murray neutralized TJD’s scoring so CMACs and Sandforts scoring was huge.

Rebraca is getting so much better each game.
Rebraca, at 25, is showing his experience down low.
He's as physical as we get.

Keep Dix in there, he doesn’t need to penetrate, he just needs shoot it more often.

not sure if you understand sarcasm. Of course no one wants someone to get hurt. It was commentary on Tony's poor game. He has below average handles for a guard. When he drives and jumpstops in the lane, under control, he can be a help to this team but that Tony hasn't shown up that often.
I understand sarcasm very well.
Just don't see a statement like that being sarcasm.

Call me crazy but there were several plays in the game and FS1 would replay that Filip made, that brought visions of Chris Street. I just think that he has been playing with so much fight and toughness that it reminded me of CS. Keep the fire Filip!
That's a bold statement but I can see it. The guts he has played with has been really impressive. He and Kris will keep Iowa on a lot of games but they can't keep up these minutes

Seemingly the Hawks have had a surprise performer emerge each year.
Last year- Keegan
2 years before- Luka

Others- jok,uthoff,white,gardens, marble.

This year it is fillip Rebecca.
Not sure if it is Fran's system or continued development by players but FR is on a whole new level this year.

Not good coaching. Glad the team came back to win. Fran's temper almost cost Iowa the gamew and probably should have. He went all the way to Indiana's side of the court to throw a tantrum. Good coaching would not have had the players come out sleeping at the start.

He didn’t “throw a tantrum”, buffoon. He walked over there and stood there. Once Szelc realized he was standing there, he put his hands on Fran and moved him back towards the Iowa bench with Courtney Green’s help. Then the Iowa coaches brought him back the rest of the way. At no point did Fran throw a tantrum or was not in control of his actions. He wanted to know what the side bar was with the IU assistant coach and rightfully so. It’s not the first time this has happened with this particular team.

If you watch close enough, you’ll see Szelc signal a technical foul and point to the IU assistant. Then all of IU’s bench starts begging and pleading. Odd no T assessed 🤔.

I am far more embarrassed by what the B1G puts out as “officials” over anything Fran has done.

Seemingly the Hawks have had a surprise performer emerge each year.
Last year- Keegan
2 years before- Luka

Others- jok,uthoff,white,gardens, marble.

This year it is fillip Rebecca.
Not sure if it is Fran's system or continued development by players but FR is on a whole new level this year.

Wonder who is going to get credit for Rebraca’s great improvement? Garza’s dad or Kenyon?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT