ADVERTISEMENT

Great win. Which was worse?

Bardo was very complimentary of Iowa today. I don't understand the hate. Yes, he got a little bit hyperbolic on some of the Illini buckets, but you have to admit some of those Illini plays were pretty special.

Actually, the other guy was more annoying, going on and on about the ticket issue, and some of the dumb jokes.

Bardo was very complimentary of Iowa today. I don't understand the hate. Yes, he got a little bit hyperbolic on some of the Illini buckets, but you have to admit some of those Illini plays were pretty special.

Actually, the other guy was more annoying, going on and on about the ticket issue, and some of the dumb jokes.

Benetti is better than Bardo and it’s not even close.

And him trying to claim Sandfort getting away with a foul on their last 3pt shot. He did correct himself seeing the replay but when that came out of his mouth, i literally yelled STFU!
funniest thing about that whole situations was, the illi guy was actually trying to get fouled there instead of get up a good quality shot. Our smart guy didn't fall for that.

And him trying to claim Sandfort getting away with a foul on their last 3pt shot. He did correct himself seeing the replay but when that came out of his mouth, i literally yelled STFU!
Doofus. Hey, he played for the Illwhini. Gotta be dumb to do that.

Illinois doing their best Wisconsin impression, flopping like fish out of water and the refs falling for it every time, or the sensationally insightful, well-balanced commentary by Stephen Bardo?
Snowflake cot damn u a gentile mufoogah

Bardo usually loves us. He was a homer today, but isn't Jess Settles when he does Iowa games? He's especially good for us at home. Bardo is pretty tight with the McC clan.

He was one of the guys that tried to get Roy to kick the coke. The comment about Moe was funny. Those guys almost came to blows more than once. A lot of rough play both ways. I remember one play cuz Bardo elbowed Moe in the head on a defensive board. Bardo took the shot at the other end and Moe hit Bardo in the arm pit, like a football hit with the shoulder down. Knock Bardo on his ass and then he slid a bit. Bardo would probably have ejected under current rules on the elbow and Moe would have booted for the football hit.

Last edited:
What do you want? He spoke based on what he saw and then when he saw a different angle, he said his first reaction was wrong. I like Bardo.

I hated the officiating today, but not because it was unfair or out of balance - I just hate the ongoing B1G style of letting guys grab and check and shove all the time. Wasn’t anything special for this game, just an on-going continuation of the brand.

Last edited:
Refs were decent, which surprised me when I saw Courtney Green. Except for buying into a couple of Meyer's flops on 3-pt shots, the zebras didn't make a lot of obviously bad calls.

I think Bardo is very balanced as an analyst and he definitely knows what he is talking about. He did see something that wasn't there on the non-call with Sandfort defending on the 3 from the corner late in the game, but he quickly corrected himself when he saw the replay. I could see why he thought it might be a foul. He even complimented some Iowa players on plays that most fans never pay attention to, like blocking out on rebounds, even if you can't get it. Those are winning plays that CMac and Iowa's starting guards do a lot, but don't get much credit for in the stats or from the fans.

The officiating and Bardo were fine. Not sure why we're mad. The 10 second rule was embarrassing that Bardo made about 3 comments on but whatever. He corrected himself 2 times after seeing a replay and he was very complimentary to our team.

Reactions: redbirdhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT