ADVERTISEMENT

Great words coach

Moments like this emphasize to me even more how stupid the kind of reality show sports promoted by ESPN and Twitter really is.

For players, championships are great, but if you’re the right kind of team, the memories you have with your teammates mean far more. For fans, having the chance to watch incredible athletes represent your school and state so well is an absolute privilege. What a ride.

God I would’ve loved to have had them come out on top—obviously for the girls but the fantastic person and guide Lisa is.
It’s was still weird at times the last week or so hearing so much about “our team” and “Iowa”.
You could tell watching the show about their Europe trip how close they all are: staff and players. Proud of them and happy they got such a great group to journey with.

I think of Achilles in the movie Troy played by Brad Pitt. Years from now, all of those teams that were stacked or had transfers chasing a championship, like USC and LSU, no one will remember their names. But everyone will remember Iowa and Caitlin Clark.
Very few remember them now. I had to Google the announcer panel to even learn who they were. Can't say that I've ever seen any of them play.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
I think of Achilles in the movie Troy played by Brad Pitt. Years from now, all of those teams that were stacked or had transfers chasing a championship, like USC and LSU, no one will remember their names. But everyone will remember Iowa and Caitlin Clark.
For sure.

Caitlin & this Iowa team is all this era will be remembered for. For right or wrong, nobody will remember LSU & South Carolina during Caitlin’s era.

Joked with my friend that 10 years from now the Caitlin legend will grow to she was a 2 x National Champion. 🤣

One thing that shouldn’t be forgotten is continued fan support and filling up CHA. I know I will be renewing my season tickets without question.The returning and future players deserve that to take place.Go hawks!

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT