ADVERTISEMENT

Greatest guitarists of the last 20

hawksense

HR MVP
Jan 16, 2002
Not getting in the weeds about who is the greatest of all time. Hendrix, Eddie, Jeff Beck all earned their places in the annals. Who’s setting themselves apart in the last 20 years?

Fitting that Creed is making a come back but I've always thought their guitarist Mark Tremonti is super talented

I forget his name, but the guy from nickelback has gotta be in the conversation

This is the correct answer.

Eric Johnson is pretty good, too.

Bonamassa borrows a lot from Johnson's playing. I still can't believe EJ is almost 70. I used to listen to Tones and Ah Via Musicom a lot in high school. I've never really liked his voice, but I can deal with it to hear his guitar!

Reactions: 83Hawk
Bonamassa borrows a lot from Johnson's playing. I still can't believe EJ is almost 70. I used to listen to Tones and Ah Via Musicom a lot in high school. I've never really liked his voice, but I can deal with it to hear his guitar!
Johnson kicked off his national (or maybe it was his international) tour a few years ago at Wooly's here in Des Moines, and I was lucky to attend. Awesome show in a small, intimate venue.

I've seen Joe several times. The last time he was very sick (had to be treated at a local hospital earlier in the day), yet he still put on his full show while still playing his normal level of amazing guitar. Met him once....super nice man. I still have 2 meet and greet tickets to use at any time.

Reactions: Kinnick.At.Night
3 of the masters (Satriani, Vai, and Johnson) together earlier this year as part of the G3. And 5 guitarists on Foxy Lady in the 2nd video! :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT