ADVERTISEMENT

Famous Places In Your State That You Have NEVER Been To

I would like to visit because it's an old white rich people beach town.

Hell, the Uber trip from the nearest airport is gonna cost more than $100 each way.

No poors. No youngsters with their horrible rap music. Sounds wonderful.

And then you show up. Smelly and dropping cig butts all over the beach.

• Haha
Reactions: nelly02 and torbee
You think it was the dude on the train? Wasn't the brother the other suspect?
There were several "in town" suspects. Family members, a preacher, etc. The one anecdote that made me think it was someone else was the unique way the crime scene was and how the victims were staged. They found out later on that this happened in other towns in different parts of the country with almost identical crime scenes.

50 years in Iowa, never visited Field of Dreams. I want to, it’s just that no one else in my family wants to.

Reactions: nelly02
Is Decorah “famous”?

I’ve wanted to do a combo trout fishing/brewery trip for a few years but somehow never actually book it.

Area looks gorgeous.

cae054e44e8f285e013ce5235a5ba171.jpg

IMG-1142.jpg

Are you serious, you've never been to Decorah?

Right now is one of the best times to float down the Upper Iowa with ultralight setups and Mepps spinners. Smallmouth on every cast.

• Sad
Reactions: torbee
Are you serious, you've never been to Decorah?

Right now is one of the best times to float down the Upper Iowa with ultralight setups and Mepps spinners. Smallmouth on every cast.
I don’t know if right now would be. The upper Iowa is a little high. Not sure if it’s related but a kayaker did recently drown there as well.
But I do agree with the first sentence. Although I will say Decorah was better before it turned into such a tourist town that it is today.

May not be not famous but the view at Lansing, Iowa.

DpWK-GfUwAA9oV9.jpg
I stopped at one that was on the upstream side of the bridge.
Going west out of downtown you would turn tight at the church and head up the bluff.
Long time ago.

Is Decorah “famous”?

I’ve wanted to do a combo trout fishing/brewery trip for a few years but somehow never actually book it.

Area looks gorgeous.

cae054e44e8f285e013ce5235a5ba171.jpg

IMG-1142.jpg

I went there once a long time ago for a float trip and remember it being beautiful

Been to all the Iowa places previously mention until yours. Never heard of loess hills. Also have not been to axe murder house or spook cave even though I have driven past the turn off for it plenty of times.

FYI Sutliff is pretty lame. Find and old bridge and a bar and you’ve seen it
Don't bother with spook cave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Obviously Oblivious
I’ve never been to the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Pete and it’s a bucket list thing for me.
Wife went there but not me. Walked around for an hr carrying her purse. Security came up and said they have a rule no one can have handbags/purse in the place. She had to leave as they had no lockers to put bags or purses in.

I’ve never been to the Salvador Dali Museum in St. Pete and it’s a bucket list thing for me.

That’s Florida’s best museum imo. The nearby Chihuly Collection and St Pete Museum of Fine Art are well worth the visit, but the only museum I can think of on par with the Salvador Dali in Florida is possibly the Ringling Museum in Sarasota. But I prefer the Dali.

Reactions: goldmom
The Iowa State Fair. I've lived in Iowa 75% of my life and never been. People tell me this makes me not a real Iowan. At this point I don't care, I'm not going out of spite.

Growing up on the Mississippi, anything west of Des Moines might have well been Nebraska to me.

Have lived in Minnesota for a decade and a half now. Haven’t been to the BWCA. Don’t care about hunting. And have no desire to go out during the fishing opener.

I think that’s just about it in this state for anything outside of the Twin Cities or Brainerd lakes areas. Oh, I also haven’t gone to the headwaters yet, which is on my list someday.

Don’t bother.

Basically a humid version of Detroit only with lots more rednecks.
After 10 years in Austin and 20 years in Dallas, I've seen plenty of humidity and rednecks. Houston just seems to be the epicenter of both.

Reactions: torbee
Buy a fishing pole dip chit!

Thank me later.
Fish in that dump? The sugar industry has dumped so much pollution in the lake that it's being diverted into the rivers that feed down into the Cape Coral/Ft. Myers area where I live. Plus, I don't like to fish; I find it boring.

I know, I know, I've uttered a heresy.

Titusville Penna. where Col. Drake drilled the first oil well and its still producing at a very small amount when its running. I Iive about 10 miles away. Just no interest.
My wife was born and raised in Bradford, PA.

I was watching some baseball last night and realized something. I have lived in Iowa for about 42 of my 47 years on earth; 23 of those in eastern Iowa. I have never been to The Field of Dreams in Dyersville.

I know a state like Iowa probably has a hard time coming up with an abundance of "well known" places but I was kind of disappointed in myself.

Anyone else have a similar story?
I've never been to Villisca to see the haunted house..................that's all I got.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT