ADVERTISEMENT

Greenbelt Music Festival in Des Moines this May

jellyfish10

HR Legend
Aug 10, 2009
Anyone plan to attend? Railroad Earth, Yonder, Umphrey’s, etc. Haven’t heard of many of the other acts but I’m planning on going. Sounds pretty gnarly to me. Have seen RRE several times and they are fantastic. I’ve seen Yonder I think just once but looking forward to checking it out.

Hadn't heard about it. I haven't seen those acts but would possibly be up for that one.

I think I'll be hitting Greensky Bluegrass in Feb and JJ Grey in March both at Val Air. I don't travel too far to see music anymore sadly.

Reactions: jellyfish10
Saw Yonder at Red Rocks, they opened for String Cheese Incident when we went out July of 22. Pretty good show. I think their fiddle player left since, though.

Reactions: jellyfish10
I don’t think there’s enough weed in the world for me to sit through 10 minutes of this genre of music, let alone a festival full of it.
So disagreeing to my ears.
Guess that’s a “me” problem….

I don’t think there’s enough weed in the world for me to sit through 10 minutes of this genre of music, let alone a festival full of it.
Music preference is so personal it is hard to appeal to everyone. I have gone to bluegrass festivals. While not my favorite genre I can spend a couple hours listening to it. Way easier for me than the rap and hip hop stuff I have seen at super bowl half times…

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
Music preference is so personal it is hard to appeal to everyone. I have gone to bluegrass festivals. While not my favorite genre I can spend a couple hours listening to it. Way easier for me than the rap and hip hop stuff I have seen at super bowl half times…
Absolutely it’s subjective. I can’t do Rap either.
I LOVE EDM. More specifically Trance and most of its iterations. Most here probably can’t stand it.

Totally understand that. I love Yonder and RRE, but there are certain songs by both I can’t stand. Warren Haynes plays with Widespread, Gov’t Mule, Allman Bros, and I love his work with those bands. For whatever reason, I don’t care for his work with RRE at all.

Reactions: TarponSpringsNole
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT