ADVERTISEMENT

Gregg Doyel of the Indy Star is a bit creepy

Note that he's making the heart gesture with his hands at the beginning of this exchange

check this out & watch:

Why do I picture this as his expression after every question?
QMMcytq.gif

Creepy AF.

This tweet about the situation gave me a chuckle, even though that guy took himself down.

He might get a verbal or written "warning" from his boss but I don't see much more coming from it.

It was completely unprofessional, to say the least. I bet everyone in the room was like, "what the bleep???"

He might get a verbal or written "warning" from his boss but I don't see much more coming from it.

It was completely unprofessional, to say the least. I bet everyone in the room was like, "what the bleep???"

I guess I don't know the guy's history and how often he says creepy things. It sounds like he is hated in Indy, but this probably won't be the end of him. It might be hard to shake the weirdo creeper stigma and ever be taken seriously or given access going forward though.

Reactions: Franisdaman
They were criticizing him on the Score this morning. Mully and Haugh are both journalists who started in print, and they were spot on in hammering him for making the story of the day himself. He was there to do a job, but he is either a sexist moron, figured he was being clever and funny, or both. It was wrong. Then he doubled down with a column about it. He should have owned it, apologized, and moved on. I don't get much Indianapolis market stuff, but Doyel has a national footprint with some of his coverage. My question is does he cover the Fever regularly, or was he there to get attention for himself? That seems to be where he first went sideways.

This must be why no one wants to sit near Doyle at the Indy Star pizza parties.
I know 0 of the indy market but in every big city, there is a creeper reporter. Jay Mariotti, who once was Chicago's very own, and a kindred spirit on ESPN, deep sixed his career with his "women issues." Whether you agree with him or not, he has a gift for sports writing, but sadly, an even bigger penchant for the "bitch slap."

Reactions: drew_hawk
They were criticizing him on the Score this morning. Mully and Haugh are both journalists who started in print, and they were spot on in hammering him for making the story of the day himself. He was there to do a job, but he is either a sexist moron, figured he was being clever and funny, or both. It was wrong. Then he doubled down with a column about it. He should have owned it, apologized, and moved on. I don't get much Indianapolis market stuff, but Doyel has a national footprint with some of his coverage. My question is does he cover the Fever regularly, or was he there to get attention for himself? That seems to be where he first went sideways.

he had written a couple columns about CC already (starting when the Fever won the draft lottery and the impact she would have on Indy).

His apology was weird too....guy is creepy AND he is looking for attention out of this. I can't believe the stuff he posts and the Indy Star still thinks its a great idea to have him on their staff. Says something about the Indy Star management and leadership.
Children of the Corn shit.

As an fyi....Gannett owns the Indy Star and the Des Moines Register (both are part of the USA Today network). Some of Doyle's columns end up in USA Today and/or get published in the Register.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT