ADVERTISEMENT

Griese 2nd half comment on NW first drive of that half...

ESPN has wanted a Chicago area team to be a power for a while. That's why they always jump on the NU bandwagon. Time for them to get off now. Iowa beat the life out of the lavender clad wildcats.

Why? Chicago is a pro sports town and it's population is mostly alumni from various schools that have their own allegiance. Big markets aren't really a big get when it comes to cfb

speaking of biases, I wish I could tolerate listening to PTI, it will be interesting listening...........

Why? Chicago is a pro sports town and it's population is mostly alumni from various schools that have their own allegiance. Big markets aren't really a big get when it comes to cfb

You really think ESPN wouldn't like to see some excitement in that market for NU?

But Northwestern is "Chicago's Big Ten team", kinda like how Rutgers is New York City's.

Thought it was funny and mentioned how 4 best teams were in the big ten east. Ok OSU, sparty and everyone on Michigan bandwagon right now. But penn st what a joke. How can you not have Iowa top 4 in big 10 right now.

I agree, I thought that was an outrageous comment. The other was when Lugenbil was talking about KF team of the past playing above their talent level and getting waxed against LSU. I don't remember it quite so exaggerated. Just no respect from the announcers all game long.

Last edited:
Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Funny how Michigan beats them by 38 at Michigan and it is all about how great Michigan is (which I think they are pretty damn good) and we beat them by 30 in their own crib with a bunch of hobbled guys and our guys are not given the credit. It is killing people that by the time we play Maryland we will probably be in the 10, 11 or 12th ranked spot. By the way didn't NU beat Stanford? Hmmmm.

Hawk fans desperate for respect. NW came into this game with a pretty good pedigree and most fans would agree it was a toss up at kick-off. Hawks dominated, but its the announcers job to hold interest. I thought they did a good job.

No one, I mean no one, saw this coming. Why should the announcing team?

Bob Griese does no preparation for the game when he is
in the booth. He might read the sports section of the local
newspaper in the city of the broadcast. But he is never
update on anything and simply sprouts his own bias from
his days at Purdue He is the guy who has an easy
schedule and does nothing to earn a paycheck.

Bob Griese does no preparation for the game when he is
in the booth. He might read the sports section of the local
newspaper in the city of the broadcast. But he is never
update on anything and simply sprouts his own bias from
his days at Purdue He is the guy who has an easy
schedule and does nothing to earn a paycheck.
Lute, This was "Brian" not his father Bob. He went to Michigan and has developed a friendship with Pat Fitz.

Damn boys, you are sensitive! I don't agree with everything they say but then I don't agree with everything my wife says! And I know for a fact my wife is always right.

Reactions: Cougar63
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT