ADVERTISEMENT

Grocery stores only had a 1.2% profit margin last year.

What she is proposing is communism though. If she wasn't a communist she would be looking at the barriers to entry and easing those to create competition. Assuming of course that these price hikes are actually gouging. If they are competition would handle it much more effectively.

She could also take on the monopoly of corporate farming enterprises that are coming to fruition.

Instead she is trying to price the market. Not a chance she can get that right even if her motives are pure. Which they are not

I also don't see you offering to pay more for gas since our "communist" government is keeping prices artificially low.

Last edited:
Man, if only she was proposing 20% tariffs and kicking every immigrant out of the country we’d really get inflation taken care of.
Tariffs on work being done overseas that were farmed/shipped out by greedy companies or child/cheap labor. Bring the jobs home if you want to save. Fvck China made and tax the shit out of it

Reactions: DeangeloVickers
When you tell people you will pay off their student loans and stop grocery stores from price gouging, you can't be trusted with the nuclear button. When you leave billions of dollars worth of military equipment in the hands of Afghan terrorists, you are not qualified to be President. When you allow millions of unknown criminals, terrorists and human traffickers as well as enough fentanyl to kill all America, you are not qualified to be President. Trump didn't do anything like that.

So you'd rather a guy who buddies up and speaks highly of our longtime sworn enemies trustworthy to keep America safe? You want nuclear codes given to the guy who doesn't make his personal vendettas a secret and openly talks retaliation? You seem concerned criminals might get into the US and yet you want to make a convicted criminal the Commander-in-Chief. The guy who laughingly said he'd be a dictator, but only on day one is someone you want in charge? Sorry I can't vote for the guy who used the office of the President to personally enrich himself and wants to use it again to do the same and to make some of his other criminal activity go away. No thanks.

So spare me the same tired and contradictory talking points ("unknown criminals" yet you seem to know their numbers and criminal histories). I am not a Harris fan by any stretch, but when it comes to her or Trump with who I want to have nearly unlimited power without consequence, I trust her and it's not even close.

I worked at Publix while in high school. Profit margin was always just a bit over 1%. The key is volume. The big store in Tally sold over $100K on Saturdays back in the mid 70’s.
The cosmetic/drug aisles and alcohol sales rocked much better profit numbers. As mentioned, staples, not so much.
Publix's gross profit margin for 2023 was approximately 26.4%, slightly down from 27.3% in 2022. The decrease in gross profit margin was primarily due to the impact of inflation on product costs, which the company did not fully pass on to customers. Despite this decrease, Publix's net earnings for 2023 were significantly higher, reaching $4.3 billion, a nearly 50% increase from 2022 (Publix Super Markets) (Supermarket News).

Reactions: billanole
That may be in general true statement, however in this case, I am correct and all you are able to do it have a bed wetting tantrum when your words are being proven to be incorrect. Face it, you are wrong. Fox hasnt prepared you for a debate, only hurling bumper sticker insults.

Don't forget, these are your peers, and are pro communism.

main-qimg-2215e1df04d1fa4c3a620e272aadb2f3

"I don't watch fox."
No. You truly are full of shit. No amount if education on a message board can save you. Educate yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
And yet you don't know the meaning of gross profit vs net profit.
You brought up profit margin which is what I provided you. If you wanted to look at net profit margin you should have asked for that.

BTW, Kroger's net profit margin is substantially up from the last couple years as well despite their net profit being down after 2020.

I hope this lesson is helpful for you.

• Haha
Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Kroger's gross profit margin over the past five years has shown some consistency, with slight fluctuations:

• 2023: 21.6%
  • 2022: 21.7%
  • 2021: 22.0%
  • 2020: 22.3%
  • 2019: 22.1%
If you are dumb enough to believe those are gross profit margins for Kroger's, no wonder you are a communist. I'll bet Kroger's net profit margin is more like 1-1.5%. The numbers you provided are more likely average incoming margins before markdowns, theft, spoilage, operating expenses, taxes, etc. I was a retail executive and buyer for a long time and I can guarantee you have no idea what you are talking about.

If you are dumb enough to believe those are gross profit margins for Kroger's, no wonder you are a communist. I'll bet Kroger's net profit margin is more like 1-1.5%. The numbers you provided are more likely average incoming margins before markdowns, theft, spoilage, operating expenses, taxes, etc. I was a retail executive and buyer for a long time and I can guarantee you have no idea what you are talking about.
They are the gross profit margins from their financials. Their net profit margin was 1.8% last year, up substantially from 1.3% in 2021.

You are an ignorant moron.

Reactions: Ree4
Wow another low IQ.

These are the same sheep who are cheering on Ukraine stopping Russia and its communist spread, lol

It’s almost sad how get in line these simple minded hands out help me big government sheep are

This guy would turn you in for not wearing a mask and blamed you for covid

Do better Comrades
What are you talking about?

First of all, you have to break it down, meat depts are expected to make a profit of 22-28%, Produce 30-35%, deli, over 30%, Bakeries, 35-40%. Wine and spirits, Can goods are roughly 3-5 %. Every store is different, rent, wages, insurance, transportation, ect.

• Haha
Reactions: abby97
I do and these are their numbers from their filings. Feel free to refute with your evidence.
Kroger's gross income FY 2024, 150,039,000.00, net profit 2,164,000.00 that is 1.44%, Yahoo Finance, look it up. And please tell me you have a minimal understanding of financial filing.

Considering you are starting in with the nonsense communism stuff, it really shows you are failing to brow beat your way into a "win". Which you are not.
You follow that up with presuming you know the GPM, which is readily available AND as @RileyHawk is saying, but since you don't know how to find the data that shows you are wrong. Here you go. https://finbox.com/NYSE:KR/explorer/gp_margin/ now some of that is qtrly, so there is math involved...

Being this wrong, you might not want to throw your resume around. Esp when you try to move the goal posts as a way to show his statement is wrong.

Now, one may say "it's more important to talk about the net" that is a valid discussion, but that isn't what you are doing. You are simply saying his numbers are wrong, which they aren't.

Considering you are starting in with the nonsense communism stuff, it really shows you are failing to brow beat your way into a "win". Which you are not.
You follow that up with presuming you know the GPM, which is readily available AND as @RileyHawk is saying, but since you don't know how to find the data that shows you are wrong. Here you go. https://finbox.com/NYSE:KR/explorer/gp_margin/ now some of that is qtrly, so there is math involved...

Being this wrong, you might not want to throw your resume around. Esp when you try to move the goal posts as a way to show his statement is wrong.

Now, one may say "it's more important to talk about the net" that is a valid discussion, but that isn't what you are doing. You are simply saying his numbers are wrong, which they aren't.
Read my post above yours, guess what, it proves I'm right again, as always........

Kroger's gross income FY 2024, 150,039,000.00, net profit 2,164,000.00 that is 1.44%, Yahoo Finance, look it up. And please tell me you have a minimal understanding of financial filing.
You're a moron. 2024 hasn't been completed. SMFH.

Kroger's net profit margin for the past five years has shown some fluctuation, reflecting the challenges and dynamics within the grocery industry:

• 2023: 1.8%
  • 2022: 1.4%
  • 2021: 1.3%
  • 2020: 1.7%
  • 2019: 1.7%
These figures indicate a relatively consistent but narrow profit margin typical of the grocery industry, where competitive pricing and operational costs significantly impact profitability (Kroger Investor Relations) (Stock Analysis).

They are the gross profit margins from their financials. Their net profit margin was 1.8% last year, up substantially from 1.3% in 2021.

You are an ignorant moron.
Do have any idea what you are talking about? Let me slow this down for you. If you want to sell your house and you ask $500,000.00 but you paid $400,000.00 for the house, you could claim your "gross profit margin" was 20%. However, you actually end up selling the house for $450,000.00 and paid real estate fees of $10,000.00 meaning your net profit margin was 9.1% not 20%. Your incoming margin is just the starting point.

• Haha
Reactions: hawksurprize
Do have any idea what you are talking about? Let me slow this down for you. If you want to sell your house and you ask $500,000.00 but you paid $400,000.00 for the house, you could claim your "gross profit margin" was 20%. However, you actually end up selling the house for $450,000.00 and paid real estate fees of $10,000.00 meaning your net profit margin was 9.1% not 20%. Your incoming margin is just the starting point.
You're a moron.

Kroger FY2023 Net Income = $2.49B. Total revenue = $148B. 2.49B/148B x 100 = approximately 1.8%.

Can you remind me about FY 2024? When was that year completed?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: abby97
You're a moron. 2024 hasn't been completed. SMFH.

Kroger's net profit margin for the past five years has shown some fluctuation, reflecting the challenges and dynamics within the grocery industry:

• 2023: 1.8%
  • 2022: 1.4%
  • 2021: 1.3%
  • 2020: 1.7%
  • 2019: 1.7%
These figures indicate a relatively consistent but narrow profit margin typical of the grocery industry, where competitive pricing and operational costs significantly impact profitability (Kroger Investor Relations) (Stock Analysis).
Thank you for proving I was correct, again. I love proving lefties wrong. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT