ADVERTISEMENT

Grocery stores only had a 1.2% profit margin last year.

Did Kamala or anyone say it was specifically the grocers doing the gouging?

Clearing the grocers doesn't mean gouging wasn't happening.

She bounces around between the supply chain generic and the grocer specifically in the full speech. I think it is implied entire, but not 100% clear so fox latched on and the mouth breathers have a bumpersticker.

This is what they latched onto "The campaign claims that many large grocery chains have kept prices high despite stable production costs, leading to their highest profits in 20 years. " but she also did state the entire supply chain has points of inflated costs being transferred to the consumers.

Last edited:
There are things that Hyvee may lose money on (lost leaders) but they mark a majority of their stuff up 30%. Hyvee brand stuff is marked up more than that.

I get Hyvee makes up very title of the grocery chain profit margin in the country but I find that number hard to believe.
That's gross, not net. Big difference. You should see how much they make on bagged ice. Doesn't mean the whole store is making that percentage. Not to mention that does not include costs associated with selling.

That's gross, not net. Big difference. You should see how much they make on bagged ice. Doesn't mean the whole store is making that percentage. Not to mention that does not include costs associated with selling.
Understood. I was commenting about n Bonefarts reply about margins on individual items.

Reactions: DooBi
Example number 6,768 why liberals should be kept far away from any and all economic policy. 90% don't understand it to begin with, and the 10% that do want total control over everything. Stick to the arts and we'll all be better off.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
She bounces around between the supply chain generic and the grocer specifically in the full speech. I think it is implied entire, but not 100% clear so fox latched on and the mouth breathers have a bumpersticker.

This is what they latched onto "The campaign claims that many large grocery chains have kept prices high despite stable production costs, leading to their highest profits in 20 years. " but she also did state the entire supply chain has points of inflated costs being transferred to the consumers.
She may need to be more careful. When you attack the actual price gougers but leave a little wiggle room, plenty of corporate Dems, along with corporate media, will pile on in an effort to defend their corporate masters.

She may need to be more careful. When you attack the actual price gougers but leave a little wiggle room, plenty of corporate Dems, along with corporate media, will pile on in an effort to defend their corporate masters.

100% . It is a valid question re the different steps in the food chain. But clarity of language is something she (and lets face it, everyone) should aspire to. Esp when she knows there are a LOT of folks looking for gotchas.

This is certainly a moment for "bothsidesbins" to jump in, but we know he won't. Trump isn't held to the same standard as anyone else. His clan just assume to "know what he means", even if his words were completely different.

How long do you want to continue hating yourself for realizing I was right and you were wrong all along? Let me know cuz I'm loving this..........
What are you right about? You’re a rapist supporter for president. In REALITY, what is it that you know more about anything than Riley, because I’d like to know?

Example number 6,768 why liberals should be kept far away from any and all economic policy. 90% don't understand it to begin with, and the 10% that do want total control over everything. Stick to the arts and we'll all be better off.
Maybe you should look at economic numbers the last 35 years and explain precisely how Republican administrations are better for our economy. I can’t wait.

Publix's gross profit margin for 2023 was approximately 26.4%, slightly down from 27.3% in 2022. The decrease in gross profit margin was primarily due to the impact of inflation on product costs, which the company did not fully pass on to customers. Despite this decrease, Publix's net earnings for 2023 were significantly higher, reaching $4.3 billion, a nearly 50% increase from 2022 (Publix Super Markets) (Supermarket News).
Wowzers. I had no idea…

In 2021, a study by the RAND Corporation found that drug prices averaged 2.56 times higher in the U.S. than in 32 other countries. For brand name drugs, U.S. prices were 3.44 times those in comparable nations. Almost exactly two years ago, on August 16, 2022, President Joe Biden signed the Inflation Reduction Act into law.

Among other things, that law permitted Medicare to negotiate drug prices, a provision about 83% of voters supported. Republicans opposed the measure, siding with drug company executives who insist that high prices are necessary to create an incentive for drug companies to innovate, as their investment in research and development depends on the revenue they expect from new drugs.

Ultimately, not a single Republican voted for the Inflation Reduction Act itself, and Vice President Kamala Harris cast the tie-breaking vote that gave the act the votes to go to the president's desk.

[Trump has promised to repeal the Inflation Reduction Act.]

Reactions: funksouljon

Was listening to Katy Kay and The Mooch. They were discussing how reports are in meetings, when the topics move to subjects she isn't really strong in, Kamala talks too much. And when they hit weak subjects and she just gets to talking, she talks jibberish and isn't a clear thinker / gets herself twisted up. This supports my comment about her needing to be more clear in her language, esp if its a topic she isn't very familiar with.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT