ADVERTISEMENT

Grok learns about White Privilege...

Joes Place

HB King
Aug 28, 2003

The quote you provided seems to be a call for open and honest dialogue about race, particularly among white individuals.

The speaker is addressing the discomfort and defensiveness that often arises when discussing topics like white privilege, which can be difficult for many people to confront. The concept of "manufactured equivalency" is introduced as a coping mechanism used by some white people to distance themselves from the reality of racial privilege.

This involves making comparisons or justifications, such as having black friends or growing up in a mixed community, to avoid acknowledging one's own advantages. The speaker urges white individuals to stop this behavior and engage in more honest conversations about race and privilege.

I gave my position on white privilege and asked @grok if it agreed with my position:

"As far as white privilege, here is the foundation of my position

I talked to black players on our team, and some of their families. I asked them to tell me what their experiences were, that as a white person, I may not be aware of or understand

Here are some that imo are a reflection of what white privilege is and why we as white people can be more aware and supportive

1. They go to a grocery store. Or a retail chain. They quickly notice that security is tracking them aisle to aisle​
2. As parents, when their male sons turn 16, and start driving, they have to explain to him steps to take when they are stopped by the police.​
Not things like we might tell our kids, to do what they say, verbatim.​
Rather , to make sure you find a lit area to pull over to.​
If you have someone else in the car with a phone, have them record the entire thing.​
You ever know anyone have what they called "the conversation " with their kids ?​
3. Our guys are obviously taller and stronger looking. When they run in a neighborhood without Mavs gear , they get neighbors looking at them and have had the cops called. They don't expect them to be able to afford to live in their neighborhoodWhen they wear Mavs gear, they get waves and smiles. They assume they are players or coaches​

White privilege is not having to deal with these things.

@Grok's response:

Yes, I agree with your interpretation. The experiences shared by the black players on your team highlight the concept of white privilege, which refers to the societal advantages that benefit white people over non-white individuals. The examples provided demonstrate how race can influence the way people are perceived and treated, leading to different expectations and biases. This creates a disparity in experiences, where white individuals may not face the same challenges or negative assumptions based on their race.

Last edited:

I gave my position on white privilege and asked @grok if it agreed with my position:

I talked to black players on our team, and some of their families. I asked them to tell me what their experiences were, that as a white person, I may not be aware of or understand

Here are some that imo are a reflection of what white privilege is and why we as white people can be more aware and supportive

1. They go to a grocery store. Or a retail chain. They quickly notice that security is tracking them aisle to aisle​
2. As parents, when their male sons turn 16, and start driving, they have to explain to him steps to take when they are stopped by the police.Not things like we might tell our kids, to do what they say, verbatim.Rather , to make sure you find a lit area to pull over to. If you have someone else in the car with a phone, have them record the entire thing.You ever know anyone have what they called "the conversation " with their kids ?​
3. Our guys are obviously taller and stronger looking. When they run in a neighborhood without Mavs gear , they get neighbors looking at them and have had the cops called. They don't expect them to be able to afford to live in their neighborhoodWhen they wear Mavs gear, they get waves and smiles. They assume they are players or coaches​

@Grok's response:

Yes, I agree with your interpretation. The experiences shared by the black players on your team highlight the concept of white privilege, which refers to the societal advantages that benefit white people over non-white individuals. The examples provided demonstrate how race can influence the way people are perceived and treated, leading to different expectations and biases. This creates a disparity in experiences, where white individuals may not face the same challenges or negative assumptions based on their race.
Good luck with this on here.

5525a507b8a11d9fec729d69ec446abcb938a8a17bfc8457552c1359be610edc.jpg

The quote you provided seems to be a call for open and honest dialogue about race, particularly among white individuals.

The speaker is addressing the discomfort and defensiveness that often arises when discussing topics like white privilege, which can be difficult for many people to confront. The concept of "manufactured equivalency" is introduced as a coping mechanism used by some white people to distance themselves from the reality of racial privilege.

This involves making comparisons or justifications, such as having black friends or growing up in a mixed community, to avoid acknowledging one's own advantages. The speaker urges white individuals to stop this behavior and engage in more honest conversations about race and privilege.
The defensiveness makes sense and is reasonable

While white privilege is certainly real, it's used too liberally to as a blanket to cover up other underlying and just as real (and often more critical/actionable) issues that cause people people to suffer or miss out on chances/opportunities in life.

boom-mind-blown.gif

2. As parents, when their male sons turn 16, and start driving, they have to explain to him steps to take when they are stopped by the police.​
Not things like we might tell our kids, to do what they say, verbatim.​
Rather , to make sure you find a lit area to pull over to.​
If you have someone else in the car with a phone, have them record the entire thing.​
You ever know anyone have what they called "the conversation " with their kids ?​

@Grok's response:

Sounds like Blacks put a pre diagnosed fear of police and taught to not trust them. .0004% of police shootings of blacks happen when no gun is present. Why all the fear? Feels fabricated and brought on by the parents which turn normal situations into potential problems if nothing wrong was done.

Crazy chart with actual numbers not percentages/lies. Looks like whites need to have the talk with police as killed more than all other races combined

Who is grok?
Without doing any research or even watching the vids in this thread, I’m guessing it’s an AI thing

Edit:upon further review, it appears to be an ai created by musk that can communicate with people on social media under the guise of grok?

Sounds like Blacks put a pre diagnosed fear of police and taught to not trust them. .0004% of police shootings of blacks happen when no gun is present. Why all the fear? Feels fabricated and brought on by the parents which turn normal situations into potential problems if nothing wrong was done.

Crazy chart with actual numbers not percentages/lies. Looks like whites need to have the talk with police as killed more than all other races combined
Do you know why the source you posted states “…Black civilians having the highest rate of being killed by the police”?

Lol.

Also, the idiotic drivel you posted has nothing to do with the OP. Nothing. 😂

Reactions: Joes Place
Drivers Ed instructors should be the ones to educate both black and white kids on how to deal with authorities.
1. Observe the laws of the road.
2. If you happen to be pulled over for any reason, do so immediately. ( not as someone suggested to continue to drive to a well lit area. Nope! )
3. Hands at 10 and 2 awaiting officer's instructions.
4. Always have your license, registration and proof of insurance up to date above the visor so there is no need to reach in the glove box for it. Don't reach for it until instructed to do so.
5. Be polite.
6. Don't lie. ( I don't know whose dope that is officer. Maybe @McLovin32 's )
7. If you have a legal weapon, disclose that to the LEO.
8. If you have an illegal weapon quickly decide if you can outrun the cop ( is he fat or a woman ) or scream " I can't breathe at the top of your lungs. "
9. Have Ben Crumps website bookmarked in your phone...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: McLovin32
Do you know why the source you posted states “…Black civilians having the highest rate of being killed by the police”?

Lol.

Also, the idiotic drivel you posted has nothing to do with the OP. Nothing. 😂
If you read the second post it does you not invited to Valhalla it’s closed. Facts hurt I know

This is exactly the point.
And white people do not like it. Black people have lived with that hurdle for generations.
There have been a couple generations now where actual (not perceived) additional benefits/opportunities have been provided to blacks by the gov’t and a segment of the population not only wants to ignore that, they want to present things as if the recent times were like they were 100 years ago, or even back in slavery times.

Reactions: BDE420
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT