ADVERTISEMENT

Half time Saturday

HB All-State
Sep 22, 2011
Iowa City
I heard there was some 40 yrd sprinters/race at Halftime on Saturday.
Can someone that witnessed this event, please explain what it was all about & who participated?
Thanks in Advance!!

I heard there was some 40 yrd sprinters/race at Halftime on Saturday.
Can someone that witnessed this event, please explain what it was all about & who participated?
Thanks in Advance!!
Sprinter on Iowa track and field. Had the timing gear for 40 yard time. It said 4.15 seconds and I was up close and that dude was absolutely flying!

Can he catch a football?
Jimmy Fallon GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Agreed, Usain Bolt ran a 4.22
Mo Greene 4.21
No way this kid ran a 4.15

It was machine timed, I think it was fairly close. I have never seen anyone run anywhere near as fast as he ran on Saturday. It was absolutely insane. He was NCAA runner up in the 60 meter indoor dash.

Also field turf is known to enhance performance, not a lot of studies in straight line speed but there have been studies in agility and generally times seem to be 3% faster. Mostly credited to a confidence in grip and faster acceleration because of that. So it is very possible that field turf contributed to about a .1 to .12 faster time.

Reactions: 4409
It was machine timed, I think it was fairly close. I have never seen anyone run anywhere near as fast as he ran on Saturday. It was absolutely insane. He was NCAA runner up in the 60 meter indoor dash.

Also field turf is known to enhance performance, not a lot of studies in straight line speed but there have been studies in agility and generally times seem to be 3% faster. Mostly credited to a confidence in grip and faster acceleration because of that. So it is very possible that field turf contributed to about a .1 to .12 faster time.
Could have been wind aided as well…😎

Yeah except everyone is running them on turf, at least at the combine

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT