ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Memorial Day Weekend.....

I’ve heard so many food poisoning stories lately that I don’t even mess with it. It’s like low key fentanyl.

Reactions: BrianNole777
Missed daughter's graduation party and graduation.
I can't imagine. My son graduated this week as well. I feel like my wife would hate me for missing it even if it wasn't my fault. Hope you're feeling better and I'm sorry you had to miss this. Gonna stick with you I bet.

I’ve always respected the guides that do this. That cemetery is immaculate.

A piece of American soil in Normandy, France.
GOcAbLLaAAAh8Q3

🇺🇸 Thank you Jimmy M. for starting this, and thanks to our fellow Americans who fought and gave their lives for our freedom. 🇺🇸🩷
We owe them an eternal debt of gratitude for this messy, imperfect, but wonderful country.
Hope you’re feeling better.

Who is cooking out today ?
I’m grilling out a local favorite- Conecuh sausage, we made potato salad, baked beans, coleslaw, fresh sweet corn, tomato cucumber salad, and I made a blueberry lemon Bundt cake. Root beer floats and a carb coma to follow.

I am typically back in NW Iowa this weekend volunteering for the Memorial Day service at the cemetery. Couldn't get there this year because of work. One thing that always gets me is when our emcee says "all gave some, some gave all." It always hits home, especially when there are new servicemen/women at the ceremony about to be deployed.

Reactions: goldmom
I can't imagine. My son graduated this week as well. I feel like my wife would hate me for missing it even if it wasn't my fault. Hope you're feeling better and I'm sorry you had to miss this. Gonna stick with you I bet.

Nope. I am hated right now by both. I would have said, fine, cut off a toe or finger to not have been sick. Now I am sick with stress and disappointment that I caused.

Nope. I am hated right now by both. I would have said, fine, cut off a toe or finger to not have been sick. Now I am sick with stress and disappointment that I caused.
Dude, I'm sorry you are having to go through this, had something similar happen recently. That said, the BS you're getting over it is pretty ridiculous. Don't let their attitudes make you feel worse. Get some rest and pound fluids, brother.

Sorry to hear about your troubles and inability to attend in person. Gotta be that Ames water that did you in.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT