ADVERTISEMENT

Hardee/Carl's Jr. selling Hamburgers again...

joelbc1

HR King
Gold Member
Sep 5, 2007
you can’t always get what you want!
Gone are the big-titted and scantily clad women who eat hamburgers with open mouths with condiments drippin' down their chins. Back are commercials that concentrate on merchandising their food menu. Also gone is ex-Trump cabinet nominee CKE (Hardee's/Carl's) CEO Andrew Pudzer.
The new commercial announcing these changes is quite unique.

Gone are the big-titted and scantily clad women who eat hamburgers with open mouths with condiments drippin' down their chins.
sad-bear.jpg

Clearly, you have never eaten a biscuit at Hardee's, nor have you eaten their chicken strips. Both are head and shoulders above comparable fare at any other fast-food place. In fact, their biscuits are better than your grandma used to make.
If his grandma in her prime looked like the bisquit making, burger chomping gals in the ads... Wood.

Clearly, you have never eaten a biscuit at Hardee's, nor have you eaten their chicken strips. Both are head and shoulders above comparable fare at any other fast-food place. In fact, their biscuits are better than your grandma used to make.
To be honest, I can't remember either of my grandmother's making biscuits, and I can't remember the last time I was in a hardee's. But they are actually building some new ones, so I may have to give them a try.

To be honest, I can't remember either of my grandmother's making biscuits, and I can't remember the last time I was in a hardee's. But they are actually building some new ones, so I may have to give them a try.
I'm not big on their burgers. They're good, but they're generally huge and have too many Weight Watcher points for me. But their biscuits truly are terrific.

I'm not big on their burgers. They're good, but they're generally huge and have too many Weight Watcher points for me. But their biscuits truly are terrific.
Other than b-bops and culver's, I don't really care for any fast food burger. But I don't like their fries. Chick-fil-a is the only place where I can get a sandwich and fries that I like.

Big chicken filet is my favorite sandwich they make. So simple, so delicious. I just wish my Hardee's wasn't such a Mystery Hardee's (you never know if they'll get the order correct).

I got some Hardees biscuits and gravy a few years ago and the biscuits were great. The gravy not so much - hardly any sausage in it. Now I get b & g at McDonalds who make really great gravy, chock full of sausage. Their biscuits suck, though.

I ate at the Hardee's in CR just off 30 east of 380 a few weeks ago. Apparently the service sucked (I didn't order). I can vouch that the food was not good. Fries were cold and tasted weird. Chicken tenders were okay.

That was the only thing Hardee's ever did correctly.
What they need to do is put the chicken strips on the biscuits and cover it all with gravy

Reactions: naturalmwa
Other than b-bops and culver's, I don't really care for any fast food burger. But I don't like their fries. Chick-fil-a is the only place where I can get a sandwich and fries that I like.
I don't like Hardee's fries, either. I am a fan of burthers at both b-bops and Culver's. And for giant burgers that don't fit in your mouth, plus unlimited steak fries, Red Robin is excellent.

Fries at Chick-Fil-A? You mean the lattice fries? They're OK.

As several have mentioned, Burger Fiend in Cedar Rapids is worth a try.

Their burgers are pretty awesome, but they basically fulfill your daily calorie needs all by themselves.

Does Hardees still make their Hot ham and Cheese? My oldest son was a fool for those things, borderline obsessive. Me? I can take it or leave it.

I ate at the Hardee's in CR just off 30 east of 380 a few weeks ago. Apparently the service sucked (I didn't order). I can vouch that the food was not good. Fries were cold and tasted weird. Chicken tenders were okay.

That's my Hardees.

I've lived near there for almost 14 years now, and they've always had troubles getting employees. There's been numerous times when the dining room was locked because they only had the manager on duty and no employees. Once they had a revolt where they closed for 4 days cause not only did they not have night shift employees, they also had no ass't managers.

Whomever owns the franchises in town...seems to be a recurring theme through the years in CR. I remember the east side Marion store had the same issue when I live on that side of town - it's gone now. The only stores in town that seems to do well is the 1st Avenue store across from the ID and the Blair's Ferry/CPR store seems to be busy a lot also.

I'd eat there more often if they just had at least some consistency. I never get tenders any more cause they're never fresh. And I bet they get my order wrong 1 out of 4 visits. Always check the bag if you're not the only vehicle in line.

This is not solely a Hardee's issue either in CR...I refuse to go to the Wendy's on 33rd Ave SW because their "correct order" rate is even worse.

I try to buy fast food in this town. I wind up disappointed all too often, and the few good stores that are in town are not near me. Zio Johno's and Pizza Ranch (broasted chicken) tend to get my business. I don't ever get pizza any more outside of Tomaso's.

If any fast food place should go all day breakfast, it's Hardees. The ones I see in CR, they've got pretty good traffic in the mornings, after 11 they're ghost towns. Maybe they've changed now, but they always screwed around with the non-breakfast menu so much, you never knew from one week to the next what was actually offered.

That's my Hardees.

I've lived near there for almost 14 years now, and they've always had troubles getting employees. There's been numerous times when the dining room was locked because they only had the manager on duty and no employees. Once they had a revolt where they closed for 4 days cause not only did they not have night shift employees, they also had no ass't managers.

Whomever owns the franchises in town...seems to be a recurring theme through the years in CR. I remember the east side Marion store had the same issue when I live on that side of town - it's gone now. The only stores in town that seems to do well is the 1st Avenue store across from the ID and the Blair's Ferry/CPR store seems to be busy a lot also.

I'd eat there more often if they just had at least some consistency. I never get tenders any more cause they're never fresh. And I bet they get my order wrong 1 out of 4 visits. Always check the bag if you're not the only vehicle in line.

This is not solely a Hardee's issue either in CR...I refuse to go to the Wendy's on 33rd Ave SW because their "correct order" rate is even worse.

I try to buy fast food in this town. I wind up disappointed all too often, and the few good stores that are in town are not near me. Zio Johno's and Pizza Ranch (broasted chicken) tend to get my business. I don't ever get pizza any more outside of Tomaso's.
That is the worst Hardee's in town. I'm not sure I've ever had acceptable service there. Probably have, but I don't remember it. Also haven't had good luck with the one on Sixth Street near 16th Avenue SW.

Best are the one at BFR & CPR and the one next to WalMart West (off Edgewood Road, used to be Steak 'n' Shake.).

As I've said before, service at all the fast food places in CR has gone to hell in the past few years. Only exception I've found is Taco Bell on 33rd Ave. SW. And Taco Bell has other issues.

If any fast food place should go all day breakfast, it's Hardees. The ones I see in CR, they've got pretty good traffic in the mornings, after 11 they're ghost towns. Maybe they've changed now, but they always screwed around with the non-breakfast menu so much, you never knew from one week to the next what was actually offered.
This sausage and egg biscuit is outstanding. Their breakfast plate is really really good: Sausage or bacon, scrambled eggs, hash rounds, a biscuit and sausage cream gravy for under $5.

Reactions: srams21
That is the worst Hardee's in town. I'm not sure I've ever had acceptable service there. Probably have, but I don't remember it. Also haven't had good luck with the one on Sixth Street near 16th Avenue SW.

Best are the one at BFR & CPR and the one next to WalMart West (off Edgewood Road, used to be Steak 'n' Shake.).

As I've said before, service at all the fast food places in CR has gone to hell in the past few years. Only exception I've found is Taco Bell on 33rd Ave. SW. And Taco Bell has other issues.

You know waaaaaaay to much about fast food. If you eliminated that you might be able to ditch weight watchers too. Just sayin.

You know waaaaaaay to much about fast food. If you eliminated that you might be able to ditch weight watchers too. Just sayin.
I know a lot about fast food for the same reason I know a lot about a lot of other things. I've been around a long time.

I don't eat fast food very often anymore. It definitely was one of the things that led to becoming morbidly obese. But I like to remember. Especially the sausage and egg biscuits at Hardee's.

Reactions: jellyfish10
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT