ADVERTISEMENT

Hardest US state to invade?

HROT

HB Heisman
Nov 5, 2006
Let's say the states were all sovereign and were doing it Risk style.

Any military installations don’t matter. And must claim all areas of the state

Contiguous I'd say probably Texas would be the toughest. California would be easiest with everyone sleeping and nodding off.

That's fair. What percentage of the population of CA would be willing to take up arms and defend though?
Impossible question to answer. And if you think people in Texas would be any more resilient to invasion than any other state, I’d say you’ve got a serious bias. Texas is full of fat lazy rednecks. Doesn’t make for a great soldier.

Also, what would be easiest?
e08b4009-07bb-4be8-aa29-05d36bbc8071_text.gif

The largest ammo depot in the world is the Army depot at Hawthorn NV.

The town is surrounded by over 2400 underground bunkers. Looks like giant prairie dog hills.

FTR not sure how much is small arms. Lot of artillery rds.

Solid point. I'm looking at the geographic advantage of being mountain people shooting down hill. But I suppose if we we are getting invaded, those mountains are going to take a ton of airborne attacks.

Reactions: stickman80
The largest ammo depot in the world is the Army depot at Hawthorn NV.

The town is surrounded by over 2400 underground bunkers. Looks like giant prairie dog hills.

FTR not sure how much is small arms. Lot of artillery rds.

I would just go with Nevada in the summer…got to deal with the heat, drunk tourists, and keep your guys doing the attacking out of the cat houses and off the slot machines.

Illinois. The urban warfare in Chicago would be a bitch. Hell 50 people get shot every weekend without an invasion.
Naw, those are largely drive-bys and quick encounters. The gangsters couldn't put together a sustained defense or counterattack. They'd just empty their clip and be sitting ducks.

West Virginia, Idaho and Louisiana all offer unique geographic challenges where the locals are well-armed and have their own brand of guerrilla warfare.

I’m partial to Arkansas. One massive river on the eastern border. Swamps and endless forests along the southern border. Semi rugged hills along most of the western and northern borders. The largest civilian ammo supply in the US at the Walmart DC in Searcy, and tons of stringy, angry anti-government types who believe in lost causes and that Jesus is their co-pilot in life.

Probably the same percentage as every where else. Do you live somewhere more willing?
Defend your answer.
Didn't know we were assuming everyone would help defend their state. I feel a very good percentage of Texans would grab a gun and defend over some others. Chill out

*Assuming lower 48

Florida being a peninsula would have some advantages. Michigan, same idea and you would get the freeze of winter to help you. The problem with the mountain places, other than Alaska, is they are all landlocked. Mountains suck but swampy land stops people.

I'm completely basing this off thr land, not the people, you would have to be mildy ****ing stupid to go try to take out Appalachia on their home turf.

Last edited:
Didn't know we were assuming everyone would help defend their state. I feel a very good percentage of Texans would grab a gun and defend over some others. Chill out
You think for some reason other states would not stand up?
Texas has infiltrated your thoughts, suggesting they are more ready to defend themselves. Maybe because the loudmouths from that state catch your attention…

Reactions: nelly02
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT