ADVERTISEMENT

Hardest US state to invade?

You think for some reason other states would not stand up?
Texas has infiltrated your thoughts, suggesting they are more ready to defend themselves. Maybe because the loudmouths from that state catch your attention…
I sense a hatred of Texas here.

You think for some reason other states would not stand up?
Texas has infiltrated your thoughts, suggesting they are more ready to defend themselves. Maybe because the loudmouths from that state catch your attention…
Don't illegal immigrants from prisons and insane asylums pour over Texas' border, laughing at the weak, ineffectual Texans as they murder their way through the state?

Florida!
  • The aforementioned Florida Man
  • Florida Woman
  • Angry Cubans
  • Angry old people
  • Angry New Yorkers
  • Angry Red Necks
  • Angry Cowboys
  • Angry and undefeated Seminole Tribe
  • Flying 4 inch roaches
  • Spiders the size of your hand
  • Swamps with 14 foot gators
  • Swamps with snakes
  • Dense forest and impenetrable underbrush
  • Heat index over 100 150-200 days a year
  • Hurricanes and storm surge
  • Lightning
  • Massive Toxic Waste Dump (Gainesville)
But seriously, there is a reason the Spanish did not want it, the Seminoles could not be conquered, and the North was not even close to being in full control by Civil War’s end.

Reactions: lucas80
Let's say the states were all sovereign and were doing it Risk style.

Any military installations don’t matter. And must claim all areas of the state
Let's say the states were all sovereign and were doing it Risk style.

Any military installations don’t matter. And must claim all areas of the state
this question is pretty wierd. Are you talking

Don't illegal immigrants from prisons and insane asylums pour over Texas' border, laughing at the weak, ineffectual Texans as they murder their way through the state?
Idiot. Edit: Sorry, I missed the sarcasm.

Last edited:
The weird part of this question is that Iowa is safe from invasion.
Only coastal or border states could truly be invaded.

The logistics of crossing two large oceans on both sides presents an incredible challenge and the vastness of our sprawling cities presents insurmountable challenges of their own.

I’m partial to Arkansas. One massive river on the eastern border. Swamps and endless forests along the southern border. Semi rugged hills along most of the western and northern borders. The largest civilian ammo supply in the US at the Walmart DC in Searcy, and tons of stringy, angry anti-government types who believe in lost causes and that Jesus is their co-pilot in life.
Now this is a convincing argument.

Reactions: goldmom
That's fair. What percentage of the population of CA would be willing to take up arms and defend though?
50s boy would i GIF

• Haha
Reactions: ButtersHawk
The logistics of crossing two large oceans on both sides presents an incredible challenge and the vastness of our sprawling cities presents insurmountable challenges of their own.

I was assuming it would be like a state vs state thing.

I will throw Alaska out there. A lot of coastline to defend, but I imagine if they were fully sovereign they'd have a decent navy. And the land area to subdue is just enormous. Invading for six months of the year would be harder than invading Russia in winter, not good for an extended campaign. Supply lines from anywhere unfrozen would be absurdly long and vulnerable. Not a huge population, but those that are there are some pretty tough hombres. Decisive advantage: mobilize the brown bear population as cocaine bears and hunker down as they tear the invaders limb from limb.

I will throw Alaska out there. A lot of coastline to defend, but I imagine if they were fully sovereign they'd have a decent navy. And the land area to subdue is just enormous. Invading for six months of the year would be harder than invading Russia in winter, not good for an extended campaign. Supply lines from anywhere unfrozen would be absurdly long and vulnerable. Not a huge population, but those that are there are some pretty tough hombres. Decisive advantage: mobilize the brown bear population as cocaine bears and hunker down as they tear the invaders limb from limb.

I think the natives would use it as a tactical advantage to throw out the white man

I was assuming it would be like a state vs state thing.
So only bordering states? Then it’s easily Iowa. Nebraska, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Illinois would be too stupid to figure out how to cross their respective rivers once we took the bridges out. Minnesota is too nice to invade and we could always just brokerage a truce with them where we allow them to beat us in football(UofI obviously) once every 10 years or so. Last and definitely least is Missouri, which is so full of inbreds they don’t even know they border Iowa.

^^^Madagascar is Hawaii. Also, I won so many games of Risk just by lucking into having been dealt an Australian country. World domination!

If any RW'er says Texas while also complaining about "illegals" invading us...you might want to rethink your position
You just demonstrated the tolerance of Texans. They have been absorbing immigrants for decades just fine. Some of the northern blue cities sure cry and whine a whole lot though. Pretty racist of them.

I’m partial to Arkansas. One massive river on the eastern border. Swamps and endless forests along the southern border. Semi rugged hills along most of the western and northern borders. The largest civilian ammo supply in the US at the Walmart DC in Searcy, and tons of stringy, angry anti-government types who believe in lost causes and that Jesus is their co-pilot in life.
Walmart no longer carries handgun or AR ammo.

Last edited:
Australia was always the way to go in the original risk.
It was and it wasn't. I've played many Risk games where guys fought tooth and nail in the early stages to get Australia and completely wiped each other out.

While not that much more elegant, I preferred South America. Secure the Africa border first and slowly push up to secure Central America. But then move through Africa and eventually open up the European theater from the south.

It was and it wasn't. I've played many Risk games where guys fought tooth and nail in the early stages to get Australia and completely wiped each other out.

While not that much more elegant, I preferred South America. Secure the Africa border first and slowly push up to secure Central America. But then move through Africa and eventually open up the European theater from the south.

Well, if you couldn't take Aussie, you had to go South America.

Reactions: DirtyJohns97
Oh. I didn’t know they’d gone woke.
Sept 2019. They quit selling handguns, ARs, and the ammo for both.

The price of ammo has never been the same. Walmart was normally the cheapest so others still selling no longer have to deal with them being a cheaper alternative.

Because it’s illegal to kill then as they cross
I thought the same about Texas. Lot of pent up rage about the illegals they cannot kill.

Give them an invader they can shoot and it will be open season.

Only problem is they will drink enough doing it "Friendly Fire" will be a real issue.

just going by topography, colorado has the potential to be like afghanistan. an initial cakewalk because of many pleasantly stoned (mj) residents slowly morphs into death for invaders by million cuts.

Actually, the eastern half of CO is just a gentle walk uphill, effectively a continuation of Kansas. Plenty of mountain folk sprinkled in small cities who are very independent minded. Get to the Front Range and you have access to half the population and haven't had to go into the mountains yet.

Utah on the other hand has as many of the gun mountain folk, have a non-secular doctrine to wrap themselves around as well as high mountains and extensive high desert to cross. They have also, as a community, been preparing. Just in case. To the extent that many houses have cold storage rooms and some 2 years of emergency supplies. Its expected of a good Mormon.

My vote would be Utah or Idaho. Idaho has a LARGE collection of anti-govt extremists. State war would be a wet dream for a lot of folks, they have geography on their side as well. However, half the population of Utah, which is about half the population of CO.

Iowa. I think you would have a tough time finding enough warriors that feel it would worth their effort to invade. Low risk, even lower reward.

Iowa. I think you would have a tough time finding enough warriors that feel it would worth their effort to invade. Low risk, even lower reward.

Jeez. Wanna comment on our wive’s looks to while we’re down?

Maybe the invaders would like to establish an agrarian society?

Reactions: win1forthe
Actually, the eastern half of CO is just a gentle walk uphill, effectively a continuation of Kansas. Plenty of mountain folk sprinkled in small cities who are very independent minded. Get to the Front Range and you have access to half the population and haven't had to go into the mountains yet.

Utah on the other hand has as many of the gun mountain folk, have a non-secular doctrine to wrap themselves around as well as high mountains and extensive high desert to cross. They have also, as a community, been preparing. Just in case. To the extent that many houses have cold storage rooms and some 2 years of emergency supplies. Its expected of a good Mormon.

My vote would be Utah or Idaho. Idaho has a LARGE collection of anti-govt extremists. State war would be a wet dream for a lot of folks, they have geography on their side as well. However, half the population of Utah, which is about half the population of CO.
i’m sure your analysis is far more thorough than mine but the op did indicate that partial capture doesn’t count, which would make co a pia to take once mountain based insurgency gets established. taking half (eastern) the state would only be the beginning of a long and painful occupation.

but yeah like you say people of UT would be scary as hell to invaders thanks to their clean living, various practical skills, and backup from the lds. :)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT