ADVERTISEMENT

Harry Reid's Unintended Gift to Trump

YellowSnow51

HR King
Aug 14, 2002
President-elect Donald Trump is deeply, deeply “indebted” to the Senate Democrats.

Long before there was any dream or whispering of a Trump Presidency, the Senate Democrats eliminated the filibuster for nominees to all Executive Branch positions and Judicial Branch positions beneath the Supreme Court. That was in November 2013.

Almost exactly three years later, one of the Democrats’ worst nightmares became true.

SOURCE-https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/harr...mark-strand?trk=hb_ntf_MEGAPHONE_ARTICLE_POST

They also passed the ACA under Budget Reconciliation process which by-passes the fillibuster in the Senate. Now it's impossible for the Dems to stop the repeal. Not to mention all the EOs . . .

Karma comes to mind.

Reactions: 86Hawkeye
Harry Reid is a damn idiot. I can't believe they thought some of these moves were good ideas.

1) I can't stand Harry Reid

2) It was still a good move. Especially with the likes of zealots and dangerous ideologues like Ted Cruz in the Senate.

Harry Reid will be remembered as the Senator who
screwed his own Democrat party. With only a need
for 51 votes for Senate confirmation, Harry has made
the GOP a happy bunch. Donald Trump is grateful
for all the help that Harry Reid has given to his GOP
cabinet picks.

The delusional democrats thought Hillary would win and with changing demographics, no GOP president would ever win again.

The delusional democrats thought Hillary would win and with changing demographics, no GOP president would ever win again.
I think repubs are in danger of making the same mistake. Not a good idea when the Dems did it and it won't be a good idea if the Repubs pass legislation to continue to weaken the minority parties ability to put roadblocks in the path of the majority because......things can change quite rapidly.

If the majority can just ram legislation and appointments through we'll see huge vacillations in policy every 2/4/6/8 years as the parties gain/lose power. Just not healthy and there was a reason the founders put in place those checks and balances.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I'm no Harry Reid fan, but to say he couldn't predict that the move would be used against the democrats the next time Senate republicans were in power is just silly.

I'm not so sure.... I think the democrats really bought into the changing demographics ensuring that they would at the very least have a lock down on the presidency (blue wall ect) In hindsight pretty dumb.

Which makes him even more stupid.

Reid certainly didn't act alone - he of course talked with the democratic senators before changing the rule. And I'm fine with no filibusters for executive or judicial nominees - advise and consent should be an up or down vote for all nominees, including Supreme Court. It's the way it should be imo.

The Obama administration was built on Presidential
Executive Orders which bypassed Congress. The
Executive Branch of our government has over reached
its authority. Now President Trump will undo most of
those orders during his first 30 days in office.

Bottom Line: Neither the Executive or Legislative
Branches of government are following the Constitution.

The Obama administration was built on Presidential
Executive Orders which bypassed Congress. The
Executive Branch of our government has over reached
its authority. Now President Trump will undo most of
those orders during his first 30 days in office.

Bottom Line: Neither the Executive or Legislative
Branches of government are following the Constitution.

So when Trump issues executive orders you'll say he's not following the constitution right?

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT