ADVERTISEMENT

Has Musk lived up to his pronouncement after buying Twitter?

It's nice to be able to say I have no fvcking clue. Didn't "use" Twitter before Musk and still don't after. That said, I don't think his requirement to upset the left and right equally is a necessary condition to be politically neutral.

It's nice to be able to say I have no fvcking clue. Didn't "use" Twitter before Musk and still don't after. That said, I don't think his requirement to upset the left and right equally is a necessary condition to be politically neutral.
Twitter has always been a cess-pool. However, at the end of 2020, it started to make steps toward improvement and actually moderating disinformation. Then Elon came along, axed popular figure verication and replaced it with a subscription model to amplify messaging.

Now it's absolutely overrun with people paying to spread disinformation and every comment section is only fans advertisement.

The dude found a way to make twitter even worse than it was.

Not really sure. But since he's taken over it has turned into an even bigger cluster**** of idiots. I've also discovered a few users that my account was following, without me ever following them. I've always wondered how exactly that happens, because they were accounts that I know I would never choose to follow.

Twitter has always been a cess-pool. However, at the end of 2020, it started to make steps toward improvement and actually moderating disinformation. Then Elon came along, axed popular figure verication and replaced it with a subscription model to amplify messaging.

Now it's absolutely overrun with people paying to spread disinformation and every comment section is only fans advertisement.

The dude found a way to make twitter even worse than it was.
I am not a conspiracy theorist, but the changes at Twitter and Facebook really upset some people. Facebook has a long ways to go, still, but Twitter went straight to Q'Anon territory under Musk. Almost like some shady rich guys with impure motives wanted to invest $40 billion in a public misinformation operation.

The far right has adopted Elon as its long lost son (or maybe vice versa?). He has swung X to the right. It is not a neutral platform IMO.
Depends if the algorithms are giving right wing stuff a boost that they don't give to left wing.

Elon himself obviously pines for the right.

I don't think he's far right as much as nutty right.

Depends if the algorithms are giving right wing stuff a boost that they don't give to left wing.

Elon himself obviously pines for the right.

I don't think he's far right as much as nutty right.
Nutty right is probably the best description. He has autocratic far right tendencies, he has a right wing LGBTQ stance, but his economic stance is more mainstream and he does believe in climate change and a few other traditionally liberal stances.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT