ADVERTISEMENT

Musk has driven Twitter/X so far into ground, it's the worst performing merger since the 2008 financial crash . . .

Contrary to prior direction, the cult has now directed hive members to accept that Elon is a failure and Kamala is a genius...

Star Trek Borg GIF

Are you sure you want to bring up hive mind? Cons practically speak in unison when they repeat their talking points. It's funny watching cons try to reconcile their sudden, newfound love of Elon (that they all decided independently with free thought) with their hatred of EVs. I'm waiting for somebody to accidentally coal roll Kid Rock's cybertruck.

Ignorance.
Fair criticism - he doesn't JUST suckle at the teat of government largesse, he dupes even multinanational financial institutions into funding his failed enterprises at great cost to them and their directors as well.

Elon is a multi-disciplinary grifter.

Nice catch.

Sure thing, Gerald. You’re so sophisticated & mature. I wish I made comments like “All lefties are so dumb & I’m so smart.” People should aspire to the delicate genius that you are.
Hey, the adults are talking. You making shit up proves my point regarding your immaturity.
I never said "all lefties are so dumb..." I said I wish we had level headed left leaning posters. Sorry the difference is lost on you.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
Fair criticism - he doesn't JUST suckle at the teat of government largesse, he dupes even multinanational financial institutions into funding his failed enterprises at great cost to them and their directors as well.

Elon is a multi-disciplinary grifter.

Nice catch.

Sigh… I’ll correct your ignorance. Only too easy if you tried.

Where would the USA space industry be, without SpaceX? An example.

Providing a valuable service at a fraction of the cost is not grifting, nor is it suckling at any teet. Musk specifically had to go before US Congress to fight for the right to participate in Government contracts when the incumbents conspired with their NASA counterparts to keep him and SpaceX out.

You are a ****ing ignorant lying moron.

Reactions: HawkeyeHitman
Hey, the adults are talking. You making shit up proves my point regarding your immaturity.
I never said "all lefties are so dumb..." I said I wish we had level headed left leaning posters. Sorry the difference is lost on you.
You’re such an adult. Look at you go, telling everyone how much of adult you are. I look forward to your next post, you adult you.

He's a flawed person, but my point still stands: it's basically net social output that we should care about.

Dangerous trucks would be a minus.
Depending on how his foray into politics goes, could be minuses there too.

But you have to include all the pluses. Do the math, see how it turns out.

What's the net positive on making internet a reality for millions of people in locations where it wasn't possible before via starlink?

See, you have to include all of that.

And I suppose you could make the argument... well, if not him, somebody else would have eventually done that.

But that goes for almost any agent of change. You could've said that about MLK.
Star link was great. Until he decided that they wouldn’t serve particular positions. Making it impossible for certain people to acquire it.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Are you sure you want to bring up hive mind? Cons practically speak in unison when they repeat their talking points. It's funny watching cons try to reconcile their sudden, newfound love of Elon (that they all decided independently with free thought) with their hatred of EVs. I'm waiting for somebody to accidentally coal roll Kid Rock's cybertruck.

Conservatives don't love Elon,.. Conservatives love the way the left has so quickly turned on Elon...

They left because he invited Nazis back and started running gross ads.

If my favorite restaurant started letting homeless people in the lobby and replaced my favorite dinner with shit on a shingle, I'd stop going there as well.

Your victim blaming is cute, though.
Thats why i left , everything changed and not for the better.

Reactions: torbee
Sigh… I’ll correct your ignorance. Only too easy if you tried.

Where would the USA space industry be, without SpaceX? An example.

Providing a valuable service at a fraction of the cost is not grifting, nor is it suckling at any teet. Musk specifically had to go before US Congress to fight for the right to participate in Government contracts when the incumbents conspired with their NASA counterparts to keep him and SpaceX out.

You are a ****ing ignorant lying moron.

Are you saying the WSJ reporting is unfactual?

Are you saying Twitter isn't losing money?

Are several world banks not losing money on this deal to such an extent they have had to curtail wages to bankers?

Are you saying the WSJ reporting is unfactual?

Are you saying Twitter isn't losing money?

Are several world banks not losing money on this deal to such an extent they have had to curtail wages to bankers?
Objective isn't in his vocabulary. Actually, it must have been banned by maga scum.

It's an interesting article from a finance point - you know, the kind of stuff the Wall Street Journal covers. I read the Journal every morning and this lead story was interesting because it shows how even allegedly smart bankers can get f---d over when they get stars in their eyes and are sold a bunch of bullshit like Musk delivers.

I loved the image of these finance bros sitting down at a company dinner and being told they're taking a 40% haircut because they got into financial bed with a sociopath - sue me. :)

Barclays’s top investment bankers on the mergers and acquisitions team were told at a New York dinner early last year that compensation for everyone in the room would be cut by at least 40% from the prior year. The bank had several hung deals hurting its performance but X was by far the largest, according to people familiar with the situation.
Musk is suing garm for illegally conspired to boycott advertising on his platform.

Yet another way the left trys to control the narrative.

Thats why i left , everything changed and not for the better.
That's where I question whether or not part of that was just people leaving. Then you're left with what you don't want. (and even more people leave)

Beyond that... (and I don't have the exact answers)

1) Did Elon change anything algorithmically to promote certain political positions.
2) Was anything changed that made interactions differently. I.E... were trolls/idiots now more successful in affecting discussions in ways they weren't before.

It’s his money and his company.

He exposed a lot of bullshit going on with social media and the government. That’s what pisses you off, because it was your side.

Or do you care so much about Musk’s billions?

If you clean up who you follow, it’s fine.
Well, he invented a lot of BS and then claimed to get rid of it when he actually just caused the exact problem he claims he was eliminating. But sure, go with what you said.

Reactions: torbee
Yeah, what does the Wall Street Journal know about finance and economics?

Friggin Marxists!
What do you and little flick know about finances and economics? You’ve never read the Wall Street Journal in your life. You and little flick are jealous of Musk because he’s better than you at every aspect of life. Musk is doing stuff just to make worthless leeches like little flick and yourself jealous and bitter. Elon is making the world a better place. While little flick and yourself are trying bring everyone down to your level. You two think you have all the answers when you guys don’t know shit about anything in life.

The absurdity of you making this claim in a post that is literally a link to a conservative publication posted without comment is rich.
Not as rich as thinking 150/500,000,000 = "inviting Nazis to takeover a platform."
So let's say X bans the .0003% of users that are apparently destroying your twitter feed.
What should they do about the pro Hamas users after that? Or the pro Israel ones for that matter?

Not as rich as thinking 150/500,000,000 = "inviting Nazis to takeover a platform."
So let's say X bans the .0003% of users that are apparently destroying your twitter feed.
What should they do about the pro Hamas users after that? Or the pro Israel ones for that matter?
Even if it was merely one Nazi, a socially responsible platform owner with any moral compass would ban it.

He doesn't, because he isn't.

Having "only" 150 Nazis is like being "a little" pregnant.

Even if it was merely one Nazi, a socially responsible platform owner with any moral compass would ban it.

Why? Should nazis be shunned form all corners of society? Should they be able to sign up for city utilities? How does this work exactly?

• Haha
Reactions: Menace Sockeyes

Do you also believe in barring KKK members from protesting or do you believe in the ideals and values of the United States of America?

The Supreme Court has repeatedly upheld speech that you may not agree with as lawful.

Why do you disagree with the Supreme Court? Do you hate American values?

• Haha
Reactions: Flie and McLovin32

Alright so you're booting the 150 nazis. Now what about the pro Hamas users? Or the extreme pro Israel/wipe out Hamas users? Those certainly can't be okay in your Twitterverse can they?

Alright so you're booting the 150 nazis. Now what about the pro Hamas users? Or the extreme pro Israel/wipe out Hamas users? Those certainly can't be okay in your Twitterverse can they?
A responsible platform owner would moderate the platform to keep it free of all fomenters of violence and hate speech, yes.

Or not cry like a bitch if they decide not to and users and advertisers flee.

One or the other, but Elon is a bitch baby like the rest of the right.

Reactions: This_Hawk_Abides
How immoral of you.

Freedom of association is one thing, but the public sphere shouldn't be able to discriminate on the basis of "thought crime." That lever shouldn't exist and it's inviting trouble if it does.

Society doesn't need people like you in positions of power

Last edited:
Conservatives don't love Elon,.. Conservatives love the way the left has so quickly turned on Elon...
Well, he got weird, that’s why we turned on him. He started doing drugs and raging at teenage girls at 2 am. He started calling random people pedophiles. He abandoned some of his 11-13 known children which is about as s***y as it gets. He spreads hatred and misinformation. He’s had bad plastic surgery. He is negatively affecting his companies and employees.
What’s not to dislike?

I don’t care too much about the big banks other than this probably affects some mutual fund I own, but I wonder about who his private investors are and how they feel? I don’t think I’ve ever seen who gave him money. I get the feeling they are equally bad at business, are right wing lunatics with money to burn, or they might be ready to kneecap him. I’m hoping it’s the latter.

How immoral of you.

Freedom of association is one thing, but the public sphere shouldn't be able to discriminate on the basis of "thought crime." That lever shouldn't exist and it's inviting trouble if it does.

Society doesn't need people like you in positions of power

You’d be one of those Germans who would “not discriminate” against Nazis all the way to letting them open up the gas chambers. The Tolerance Paradox…

1*Rk8NgfKRLzD3CUrwgh37gw.jpeg

You’d be one of those Germans who would “not discriminate” against Nazis all the way to letting them open up the gas chambers. The Tolerance Paradox…

1*Rk8NgfKRLzD3CUrwgh37gw.jpeg
Nice strawman. Wasn't arguing for unlimited tolerance.

But I agree with the critique that maximal liberalism could lead to the undoing of liberalism.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT