ADVERTISEMENT

Hate Crime Hoax. How many are we going to have of these before the media figures it out

Honest question here, Belem - is this just an act you put on because it amuses you to waste my time? Or are you really this f*cking stupid?
Huh, just wondering the same thing about you. You'll argue six pages trying to change the definition of an accepted word. Have at it, as usual, I'm done with your nonsense.

Why do you continuously post and prove you don’t have a single original thought in your head. I swear you copy and paste the same crap every day.

You’re no better then trump, but are to dumb to realize it.
LOL. Must have hit a nerve. Why don't you go crawl back into your hole? FWIW, it's too.:p

Yet again the media propagandizes another one of these hoaxes. I don't blame the family or the girl for pushing this because they knew what the blue check mark brigade would have their back. I'm sure the media who was pushing this story because Pence's wife teaches at will apologize to the Pence family for dragging her name through the mud. It is tough to see what is more corrupt in our society the drive by media or the Trump administration?

To be fair, I haven’t read one story beforehand that didn’t say she “reported” it or had “accused” others. If the media reported it as a factual assault, show me. It’s not the media then, but the reactionary lynch mobs in the public. To the public, never “assume” because you make an ass...

To be fair, I haven’t read one story beforehand that didn’t say she “reported” it or had “accused” others. If the media reported it as a factual assault, show me. It’s not the media then, but the reactionary lynch mobs in the public. To the public, never “assume” because you make an ass...

This clip disagrees with your assessment

Hey @BABiscuit hate crimes suck. So do hoaxes. Get better or step off. Duke lacrosse, University of Virginia, University of Missouri, Jussie Smollett, Michael Brown, this case. You are a mark and the corporate media is playing you.

Looks like CBS This Morning and the HLN hosts were the ones that need to eat their crow. Not surprised I missed those as they are garbage. The rest of the outlets in that clip worded their reports and headlines responsibly.
I hope those outlets spend as much time noting the correction as they did with the box. The only reason this got any pub to begin with was because Pences wife worked at the school even though it had nothing to do with the story being reported.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
hey-jussie-smollett-leaving-lying-to-professionals-journalists.jpg

Hey @BABiscuit hate crimes suck. So do hoaxes. Get better or step off. Duke lacrosse, University of Virginia, University of Missouri, Jussie Smollett, Michael Brown, this case. You are a mark and the corporate media is playing you.

I noticed you didn't quote any posts from me that show me getting worked up about something that turned out to be a hoax. It is nice of you to say hate crimes suck, though. I'm sure that will give you the moral licensing you need to now focus solely on hoaxes.

I noticed you didn't quote any posts from me that show me getting worked up about something that turned out to be a hoax. It is nice of you to say hate crimes suck, though. I'm sure that will give you the moral licensing you need to now focus solely on hoaxes.
Ok you have continued to get off track of the original post I had. The intent was not to show outrage about the hoax. But you knew that already. You had to flip it into some whataboutism that had nothing to do with what the post was about. The whole point was to show the media’s and politicians corruption. Reporting a story before verifying just like they did in Michael Brown, Duke, Smollett etc... because it fits a narrative. The only reason the media and politicians do report these stories without verifying is because of marks like you who automatically believe them. But keep trying to turn this into a whataboutism.

Honest question here, Belem - is this just an act you put on because it amuses you to waste my time? Or are you really this f*cking stupid?
TJ, this seems to be the post that kickstarted your guys argument. Are you able to acknowledge that this post is incorrect?
She retweeted Big Boss’s tweet in which he specifically called out Karen Pence and called her “a disgrace to our country, all educational institutions, and our youth in America if you don't immediately address and handle this racism.”

Ok you have continued to get off track of the original post I had. The intent was not to show outrage about the hoax. But you knew that already. You had to flip it into some whataboutism that had nothing to do with what the post was about. The whole point was to show the media’s and politicians corruption. Reporting a story before verifying just like they did in Michael Brown, Duke, Smollett etc... because it fits a narrative. The only reason the media and politicians do report these stories without verifying is because of marks like you who automatically believe them. But keep trying to turn this into a whataboutism.

How do you want the media to verify allegations of a crime? Are they not allowed to report until after the police arrest somebody? A guilty verdict? What do you propose is the media's responsibility?

Now, what about Joe Biden? Has it been proven that he has done anything wrong? Should the right be able to talk about allegations against him?

TJ, this seems to be the post that kickstarted your guys argument. Are you able to acknowledge that this post is incorrect?
It's not incorrect. Tlaib retweeted the"Big Boss" tweet that I linked in post #44. If you click "Show this thread" in her tweet, it displays all the comments associated with the tweet. One of the comments is "Big Boss" declaring Karen Pence "a disgrace to our country, all educational institutions, and our youth in America if you don't immediately address and handle this racism. I'm certain your administration is partially responsible."

When you retweet someone's tweet, you retweet the comment thread associated with it. And what exactly is the purpose of the comment thread? Let's consult Twitter for that answer:

How to create a thread on Twitter
Sometimes we need more than one Tweet to express ourselves. A thread on Twitter is a series of connected Tweets from one person. With a thread you can provide additional context, an update, or an extended point by connecting multiple Tweets together.

"Provide additional context." That three word phrase explains why I'm right and Belem is wrong.

Belem wants to pretend that context is not important in this case. The fact is, context means everything. "Big Boss" was explicitly clear that he mentioned Karen Pence in the context that he was holding her accountable and would be singling her out when protesting the school. I would be willing to give Tlaib a pass on that if she had retweeted "Big Boss" before he added that comment. But he posted the comment about Pence being a disgrace at 1:23pm on 9/28, three and a half hours before Tlaib's retweet at 4:54pm.

She owns the context of the tweet.

Remember, all this nonsense started with me agreeing with Belem that there was nothing wrong with Tlaib expressing support for Amari Allen, but that it was unnecessary to single out Karen Pence. Belem immediately disputed that Tlaib singled out Pence. "Big Boss" made it absolutely clear that he was singling out Karen Pence, so by retweeting his thread, Tlaib advocated singling out Pence.

It's not incorrect. Tlaib retweeted the"Big Boss" tweet that I linked in post #44. If you click "Show this thread" in her tweet, it displays all the comments associated with the tweet. One of the comments is "Big Boss" declaring Karen Pence "a disgrace to our country, all educational institutions, and our youth in America if you don't immediately address and handle this racism. I'm certain your administration is partially responsible."

When you retweet someone's tweet, you retweet the comment thread associated with it. And what exactly is the purpose of the comment thread? Let's consult Twitter for that answer:

How to create a thread on Twitter
Sometimes we need more than one Tweet to express ourselves. A thread on Twitter is a series of connected Tweets from one person. With a thread you can provide additional context, an update, or an extended point by connecting multiple Tweets together.

"Provide additional context." That three word phrase explains why I'm right and Belem is wrong.

Belem wants to pretend that context is not important in this case. The fact is, context means everything. "Big Boss" was explicitly clear that he mentioned Karen Pence in the context that he was holding her accountable and would be singling her out when protesting the school. I would be willing to give Tlaib a pass on that if she had retweeted "Big Boss" before he added that comment. But he posted the comment about Pence being a disgrace at 1:23pm on 9/28, three and a half hours before Tlaib's retweet at 4:54pm.

She owns the context of the tweet.

Remember, all this nonsense started with me agreeing with Belem that there was nothing wrong with Tlaib expressing support for Amari Allen, but that it was unnecessary to single out Karen Pence. Belem immediately disputed that Tlaib singled out Pence. "Big Boss" made it absolutely clear that he was singling out Karen Pence, so by retweeting his thread, Tlaib advocated singling out Pence.
Classic TJ.

So you're agreeing with Belem that context means nothing?
Sure, context means something. But you said she retweeted a specific tweet. She didn't. You should have said she retweeted a tweet that was part of a thread, or something along those lines. You were very specific in what you wrote and your inability to just admit you were wrong or misspoke is hilarious.

Sure, context means something. But you said she retweeted a specific tweet. She didn't. You should have said she retweeted a tweet that was part of a thread, or something along those lines. You were very specific in what you wrote and your inability to just admit you were wrong or misspoke is hilarious.
If your entire argument hinges on parsing the distinction between retweeting a tweet and retweeting a tweet thread then your argument is flimsy as hell. I said it was unnecessary for Tlaib to single out Karen Pence and Belem tried to dispute that she singled out Pence. The fact of the matter is that Tlaib and "Big Boss" most certainly did single out Karen Pence. Any nitpicking over semantics is nothing more than an attempt to deflect attention away from the fact that Tlaib singled out Karen Pence.

Pro-tip for congresspersons: Don't retweet people named "Big Boss".

If your entire argument hinges on parsing the distinction between retweeting a tweet and retweeting a tweet thread then your argument is flimsy as hell. I said it was unnecessary for Tlaib to single out Karen Pence and Belem tried to dispute that she singled out Pence. The fact of the matter is that Tlaib and "Big Boss" most certainly did single out Karen Pence. Any nitpicking over semantics is nothing more than an attempt to deflect attention away from the fact that Tlaib singled out Karen Pence.

Pro-tip for congresspersons: Don't retweet people named "Big Boss".

Man you are really nailing this.

I hope those outlets spend as much time noting the correction as they did with the box. The only reason this got any pub to begin with was because Pences wife worked at the school even though it had nothing to do with the story being reported.
The NBC Nightly News ran the original story for 5 minutes interviewing the girl and grandparents. A 20 second correction ensued last night...

They should have done a new interview pointing out how much damage all the fake " hate crimes " do to the " cause. " Use it as a learning experience to all the politicians and MSM " journalist " to check their stories before they run them...

More damage than actual hate crimes?

Yet again the media propagandizes another one of these hoaxes. I don't blame the family or the girl for pushing this because they knew what the blue check mark brigade would have their back. I'm sure the media who was pushing this story because Pence's wife teaches at will apologize to the Pence family for dragging her name through the mud. It is tough to see what is more corrupt in our society the drive by media or the Trump administration?

How telling. Your concern is with the tiny tiny fake hate crimes, not the actual rise of hate based mass murder.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT