ADVERTISEMENT

Have the democrats really thought through the impeachment battle?

ihhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
It is a forgone conclusion that the House will vote to impeach Trump on partisan lines. There may even be a few more democrats that move to the no vote after this show is over.

Now to the GOP controller Senate. There isnt enough votes to convict. It is technically a waste of time. I have seen some folks say that the process will be quick and the GOP will get the whole impeachment topic out of the way of the 2020 election.

I have seen some different comments and tweets since the Wednesday hearings. The GOP feels that the hearings have been an epic flop for Schiff and the democrats. They dont feel that there is even a remote risk of further PR damage to Trump. With that said, Mitch may have a long drawn out process that will require the democrat Senators running for POTUS to have to attend these hearings. Also, many are already talking about calling several high profile folks like Hunter to talk about his dealings with the State department as well as the DNC working with Ukraine.

Pandoras box could easily be opened in the Senate all under the umbrella of Trumps impeachment.

Reactions: hawkedoff
Do you really think about the damage that guy is doing to our country? Listen, truly listen, without putting on partisan earphones, to the professional diplomats who are giving testimony.
These folks are our people on the ground in foreign lands and I am very impressed by their ability to maintain composure, promote our national interests, cast aside petty political attacks, and understand the difference between the US goals and those of a political and personal nature.

Do you really think about the damage that guy is doing to our country? Listen, truly listen, without putting on partisan earphones, to the professional diplomats who are giving testimony.
These folks are our people on the ground in foreign lands and I am very impressed by their ability to maintain composure, promote our national interests, cast aside petty political attacks, and understand the difference between the US goals and those of a political and personal nature.

Those guys testified that "conditions" on foreign aid is not unusual at all, and is done all the time.

Hell, Biden bragged about doing it on video. I presume everyone has seen it.

Yes, they have, and Trump has given them no choice with his illegal and unconstitutional conduct. They have a constitutional mandate to hold him accountable for his despicable actions. It's not their fault that apparently all of our elected Republicans have decided to betray their oaths of office and our constitution and country by supporting a deeply corrupt President and administration.

It is a forgone conclusion that the House will vote to impeach Trump on partisan lines. There may even be a few more democrats that move to the no vote after this show is over.

Now to the GOP controller Senate. There isnt enough votes to convict. It is technically a waste of time. I have seen some folks say that the process will be quick and the GOP will get the whole impeachment topic out of the way of the 2020 election.

I have seen some different comments and tweets since the Wednesday hearings. The GOP feels that the hearings have been an epic flop for Schiff and the democrats. They dont feel that there is even a remote risk of further PR damage to Trump. With that said, Mitch may have a long drawn out process that will require the democrat Senators running for POTUS to have to attend these hearings. Also, many are already talking about calling several high profile folks like Hunter to talk about his dealings with the State department as well as the DNC working with Ukraine.

Pandoras box could easily be opened in the Senate all under the umbrella of Trumps impeachment.

....and the panic sets in....

Those guys testified that "conditions" on foreign aid is not unusual at all, and is done all the time.

What kind of conditions? Conditions that further the goals of the United States it makes sense. Conditions that foreign nations attempt to influence a domestic election. That's not normal.

I sincerely believe/hope that there will be a day, and the sooner the better where everyone will deny ever having supported Trump. That every Republican will try to claim they where never Trumpers. Of course most of it will be flat out lies but it will at least mean the country has returned to some sense of sanity again.

Let's assume for just a moment that the OP is correct and the Senate doesn't vote to convict.

OK, fine. However, did Trump commit impeachable acts? Yes, anyone who thinks he doesn't needs a reality check. Therefore, the House is doing the right thing, whether or not the Senate does as well.

Keep in mind, I thought Clinton should be impeached as well. What Trump has done, and continues to do, makes what Clinton did pale in comparison.

All that matters to them is hearsay and smoke and mirrors, that the president "may have said something wrong" -- despite the fact that Zelensky has said there was "no pressure" or anything wrong with their conversation.

Reactions: INXS83
Today certainly couldn't have gone any worse for Trump. He gets accused of threatening witnesses and right in the middle of her testimony, bingo, he threatens her realtime again. Even Ken Starr called it a huge blunder.

What exactly do yo consider a threat?

Today certainly couldn't have gone any worse for Trump. He gets accused of threatening witnesses and right in the middle of her testimony, bingo, he threatens her realtime again. Even Ken Starr called it a huge blunder.
I cannot think that anybody could have come up with this shit show. Who could imagine the trail that drump has led our country down? It is beyond fiction and well into some kind of twilight zone.
A sitting President live tweeting desparaging comments about someone testifying to Congress... unreal.

So, are you referring to “conditions” that further our national interests, those that promote common decency, those that attempt to make the world a better place, or some petty self dealing crap intended to help a crook politically?

Let's assume for just a moment that the OP is correct and the Senate doesn't vote to convict.

OK, fine. However, did Trump commit impeachable acts? Yes, anyone who thinks he doesn't needs a reality check. Therefore, the House is doing the right thing, whether or not the Senate does as well.

Keep in mind, I thought Clinton should be impeached as well. What Trump has done, and continues to do, makes what Clinton did pale in comparison.

This is where I stand on it as well. Democrats are bringing the facts of the case out in the open and to the American people.

If Trump doesn’t get removed then so be it but I would much rather politicians do what they think is right rather than not do it simply because there is a small chance of it working.

I believe the more appropriate question to be asking is "have Republicans thought this through?"

The damage to our Rule of Law, and ultimately the damage to the Executive Branch powers is what will linger from this. And it's going to be a stain that will stick for a while.

Over Trump?

It's not going to end well.

Or the traitor trump could resign.

I have said it before that democrats should privately offer a deal up for complete immunity for any and all Trump and Trump family crimes up and until the time he leaves office if he were to resign by XYZ date and time.

My 401 k is doing great and the economy is smoking. Things are good.

I cannot think that anybody could have come up with this shit show. Who could imagine the trail that drump has led our country down? It is beyond fiction and well into some kind of twilight zone.
A sitting President live tweeting desparaging comments about someone testifying to Congress... unreal.
O the outrage and emotion @Rudolph. Dude your life has changed very little since Trump has become president and more than likely it has gotten better(as most have with the economy) Please get outside and enjoy life and don't be so dang miserable. Why do you let Trump ruin your life? He isn't worth it.

Has the OP really thought thru any of his posts?

Take this one for instance - he's suggesting that the democrats shirk their duty because he's assuming that the republicans in the senate will shirk theirs. Is that anyway for people who have sworn to uphold the constitution to act?

What exactly do yo consider a threat?

You know there is a reason lawyers tell you not to comment on ongoing litigation. Part of that is because courts for very good reason interprete witness intimidation laws very broadly.

His people will get their chance to respond to all of this when it goes before the senate. Until then if he was smart he should just sit tight and wait for that.

Reactions: cigaretteman
I sincerely believe/hope that there will be a day, and the sooner the better where everyone will deny ever having supported Trump. That every Republican will try to claim they where never Trumpers. Of course most of it will be flat out lies but it will at least mean the country has returned to some sense of sanity again.
I'm going to call these dumbasses out for years. Sorry. They are the problem...so simple minded to be fooled by Trump and Fox.

O the outrage and emotion @Rudolph. Dude your life has changed very little since Trump has become president and more than likely it has gotten better(as most have with the economy) Please get outside and enjoy life and don't be so dang miserable. Why do you let Trump ruin your life? He isn't worth it.

Lol at the claim of a better economy.

Dude the unemployment numbers are the lowest they have ever been. Look at your 401 K

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT