ADVERTISEMENT

Have we talked about Carney Lansford?

95+% of baseball on TV back in the 80s was National League with WGN (Cubs) and TBS (Braves), so I didn't see much Carney Lansford growing up but I remember liking him when my Dodgers whipped their asses in 88

Reactions: ClarindaA's
95+% of baseball on TV back in the 80s was National League with WGN (Cubs) and TBS (Braves), so I didn't see much Carney Lansford growing up but I remember liking him when my Dodgers whipped their asses in 88
True dat - I had a Braves coat growing up in Iowa. No connection other than that we're always on TV

Reactions: Lindemann
If I remember right he had a 162 stretch between 2 seasons he hit .400. I could be thinking of someone else though.

I think he and Cubs broadcaster Ron Coomer played rookie ball together in the Yankees system. I recall Coomer talking about how Lansford set a record for errors, but he was such a promising hitter they kept running him out as a SS. He said a long time minor league coach told him they just needed to get him to the point where he’d make the average plays when they shifted him to 3B. It came up in the Christopher Morel discussions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT