ADVERTISEMENT

Have we watched brainwashing in real time with Phenomenally?

Hawki97

HB Legend
Dec 16, 2001
Iowa City, IA
I remember Phenomenally as basically being a fairly normal poster but with a not-so-healthy infatuation as an elon fanboy. As elon has gone all political douche canoe, Phenomenally seems to have gone right down the rabbit hole with him. Multiple daily posts on politics all with the same twist of eloon cray-cray It's obvious he's getting his queues from elon's twitter and just running with it. Jim Jones kool-aid level shit.

We talk about fox brain all the time - has Phenomenally developed elon brain? Just like that weird uncle you watched deteriorate into a shell of his former self as he consumed Hannity and Tucker, have we seen the same thing in Phenomenally over the last year or so? Or am I mis-remembering and he's always been cray?

The problem is you remembered him as a normal poster, when that was never the case. He’s always been a wacko. He doesn’t watch any sports or movies, he only waits for Musk to tweet so he can rehash the same topics over & over & over. He is a dull boy.

Reactions: lucas80
I don't think it's strictly from Elon, I think Elon is just the latest obsession. This was my anonymous message board analysis from a month ago:

I don't think he's simply "dumb". My guess is a combination of different things that makes him especially vulnerable to go "all in" on certain things. Whether that thing is Elon, Tesla, "woke mind virus" or whatever flavor of the month/quarter/year. There could be something clinically diagnosable, but I'd also just guess that typical combo of socially awkward, friendless, involuntary celibate, whose main connections and foundation are rooted online. The type that are simultaneously vulnerable and made victims by everybody, yet find strength and community in who they blame/hate.

Pretty typical alt-right profile and ripe for radicalization.

The problem is you remembered him as a normal poster, when that was never the case. He’s always been a wacko. He doesn’t watch any sports or movies, he only waits for Musk to tweet so he can rehash the same topics over & over & over. He is a dull boy.

I admit to this possibly being the problem. He just didn't stand out as a whacko to me in the past for some reason. It can be hard to keep track of them.

I used to know a guy that was a Dallas Cowboys freak. If Roger Staubach got hurt, he's be limping at school the next day. I don't think he owned any clothes that wasn't Cowboys gear.

Reactions: ThorneStockton
The answer to the question you are asking depends a ton on political leaning.

I can see how it may seem that way, but in my particular case it's not. I honestly don't remember him being political at all which is why him being all political all the time now seems like something has changed (i.e. the brainwashing by the eloon as he's gone all in on politics). As I stated above, I may be misremembering and he's always been political.

Reactions: MitchLL and torbee
I can see how it may seem that way, but in my particular case it's not. I honestly don't remember him being political at all which is why him being all political all the time now seems like something has changed (i.e. the brainwashing by the eloon). As I stated above, I may be misremembering and he's always been political.
I honestly don't remember either but it's not hard to see there's a definite Elon infatuation. But then again right there the fact we don't remember may mean the answer is yes.

I used to know who you folks are referring to, but he went crazy. I have a lot of people on ignore, well, 3 people make up the bulk of those handles. I have a few posters I just skim past because they aren’t worth acknowledging, but not ban worthy. PF went flat crazy on a few issues, and got vile with some people. I just won’t waste my time and parry with people struggling through mental illness here.

I can see how it may seem that way, but in my particular case it's not. I honestly don't remember him being political at all which is why him being all political all the time now seems like something has changed (i.e. the brainwashing by the eloon as he's gone all in on politics). As I stated above, I may be misremembering and he's always been political.

Yeah, I'm not anywhere near an encyclopedia of HORT, but I don't recall him being a team player on either R or D. I think it had been certain issues that - surprise, surprise - became obsessive and weren't necessarily always on one side or the other. I believe he's stated that his interest and concern for the natural environment is what first got him hooked into all things Tesla. Which of course manifested into the Elon worship we're all familiar with now.

Yeah, I'm not anywhere near an encyclopedia of HORT, but I don't recall him being a team player on either R or D. I think it had been certain issues that - surprise, surprise - became obsessive and weren't necessarily always on one side or the other. I believe he's stated that his interest and concern for the natural environment is what first got him hooked into all things Tesla. Which of course manifested into the Elon worship we're all familiar with now.

Yeah, that's how I remember it. He was very adamant about climate / environmental protection and that's what led him to Tesla. Did not really engage in politics. Talk about a 180.

I remember Phenomenally as basically being a fairly normal poster but with a not-so-healthy infatuation as an elon fanboy. As elon has gone all political douche canoe, Phenomenally seems to have gone right down the rabbit hole with him. Multiple daily posts on politics all with the same twist of eloon cray-cray It's obvious he's getting his queues from elon's twitter and just running with it. Jim Jones kool-aid level shit.

We talk about fox brain all the time - has Phenomenally developed elon brain? Just like that weird uncle you watched deteriorate into a shell of his former self as he consumed Hannity and Tucker, have we seen the same thing in Phenomenally over the last year or so? Or am I mis-remembering and he's always been cray?
Inglourious Basterds Bingo GIF

Reactions: Bonerfarts
My only interaction with PP was post-Dobbs where I produced polling evidence (Gallop) that Americans favored the Roe legal abortion framework by at least a 60% majority every year since 1973. Other polls have confirmed this. His attempt to refute this fact was …well, weird.

Reactions: McLovin32
There could be something clinically diagnosable, but I'd also just guess that typical combo of socially awkward, friendless, involuntary celibate, whose main connections and foundation are rooted online. The type that are simultaneously vulnerable and made victims by everybody, yet find strength and community in who they blame/hate.

Pretty typical HBOT poster profile and ripe for radicalization.
Edited for accuracy

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT