ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeye Mom not thrilled with Hawkeye fans

this might sound intelligent to the boys in the break room at the insurance company or where ever you work, but to anyone who’s ever actually called a football game, this is so silly. You’re talking about throwing a freshman quarterback in in a one score game on the road at the big house, where the defense is teeing off and the offensive line cannot protect. Seriously, there’s a reason Kirk has Bill Belicheck’s home phone number and you get TPS report memos. Do you seriously think KF, KOK, and BF are in the dark about the mental state of their starting QB? There’s no communication between offensive series? There’s no chance that what we’re seeing isn’t the absolute best our guys can do against a defense loaded with 4 and 5 stars on the road?

Honestly, have you ever played football? (In any level)

You used to be one of my favorite posters here and on the OT board, hell I’ve even made transactions with you outside of HR but lately you become extremely hostile to anyone that disagrees with you or even has a different viewpoint. Belittling, name-calling, cursing. Everything ok brah?

Yeah, my team is ranked in the top 25 and is right there with the big boys. No team can take Iowa for granted. These pants shitting crybabies on the other hand... some posters need a wellness check. Mrs. Britt would agree.

Last edited:
Ahhh. So much to address here.
First, I have yet to see anyone on here say ANYTHING critical of Britt. On the contrary. Most have great expectations of him being a star in the near future.
Second, every scholarship athlete is an adult who CHOSE to accept a scholarship in exchange for at the least a free education valued between 50 and 100 G per year and at best a paid apprenticeship toward a lucrative professional career. There are thousands of people this age serving in the armed forces facing the reality of being deployed to a miserable and deadly location at any moment. Each one of these athletes is aware that their school spends millions of dollars every year in the pursuit of success in that arena. There are expectations for coaches and players. Mrs. Britt should check out boards of major powerhouse teams like Bama to see some real vitriol. NFL boards are on an entirely different level of insanity.
Third, "fan" is a diminutive word for "fanatic". There is no implication in that word of measured, rational thought.
Fourth, as others have already stated, if you are easily offended, stay away from any form of social media.
I hope Mr Britt has a happy, healthy, and successful career at the U of I and beyond. I hope his mother will avoid social media in the future and rely on the input Justin gets from those who are actually important in his education and football career.

First, I have yet to see anyone on here say ANYTHING critical of Britt. On the contrary. Most have great expectations of him being a star in the near future.
Second, every scholarship athlete is an adult who CHOSE to accept a scholarship in exchange for at the least a free education valued between 50 and 100 G per year and at best a paid apprenticeship toward a lucrative professional career. There are thousands of people this age serving in the armed forces facing the reality of being deployed to a miserable and deadly location at any moment. Each one of these athletes is aware that their school spends millions of dollars every year in the pursuit of success in that arena. There are expectations for coaches and players. Mrs. Britt should check out boards of major powerhouse teams like Bama to see some real vitriol. NFL boards are on an entirely different level of insanity.
Third, "fan" is a diminutive word for "fanatic". There is no implication in that word of measured, rational thought.
Fourth, as others have already stated, if you are easily offended, stay away from any form of social media.
I hope Mr Britt has a happy, healthy, and successful career at the U of I and beyond. I hope his mother will avoid social media in the future and rely on the input Justin gets from those who are actually important in his education and football career.

Thread winner. Well done.

Reactions: Fan In Black
Pretty good but I question how many pretenders there are involved in social media these days. The volume of people that get off on stirring crap always amazes me. Their lives are just so pathetic they need to find a way to bring others down with them.

Reactions: grayhair81
She’s one hundred percent correct. There’s no shortage of never-was, big mouthed jackals in the cheap seats.

The problem is the worst of society is on Twitter well and some people on here but that doesn’t represent the vast majority of fans.

Reactions: Niko13
Interesting that her and Goodson’s mom are the ones complaining on Twitter when nobody on this site has said anything negative about either of them. Maybe they should be staying off Twitter as well.

Reactions: BG2004 and ctghawk
Interesting that her and Goodson’s mom are the ones complaining on Twitter when nobody on this site has said anything negative about either of them. Maybe they should be staying off Twitter as well.
I could be wrong, but I don't think she was saying the comments were about her son. Maybe they were, but can't imagine much to be said about a true frosh. Could also be comments about the o-line.

she, meaning britts mom but could be similar for both moms

Every fan base has plenty of people having meltdowns on social media. The Iowa fan base is no different.

I do think you can be critical without being a douchebag. I'm guessing the Iowa coaches and players have probably been critical of the past two performances. It is what it is. I'm sure the Iowa team is saying they need to be better. We can agree with them without being pathetic.
Yep, and shows that KF was ahead of the curve, by banning his players at least during the season years ago. Nothing good comes from this interaction, especially between players and fans.....

Reactions: FlickShagwell
I wonder, how many people do you think would spew all of their comments if they were required to give their name, address and credentials. It’s quite easy to be critical when you hide behind the forum.
True of course, but thats irrelevant because thats the very nature of social media. Thats why these asshats are on there, because they can say things they would never have the stones to say to someone's face.....

Very well said grayhair, pretty much in a nutshell....

Reactions: Fan In Black
The irony is he has no idea whether I have been banned or not. Spoiler alert, I haven’t. But there is no sense in stopping his childish rants which only further prove my point.
I assumed as much, as I too have watched his routine since he was in college. Would have thought he'd mature by now, but some are slower to come around than others...

I assumed as much, as I too have watched his routine since he was in college. Would have thought he'd mature by now, but some are slower to come around than others...

You’ve been a poster since 2017 - unless you’re also ashamed to say what your previous handles have been. I do notice you’ve set your profile page to private so no one can show your really awful old posts to you. You guys can have your little romance though. Pretend you know anything about football to each other.

You’ve been a poster since 2017 - unless you’re also ashamed to say what your previous handles have been. I do notice you’ve set your profile page to private so no one can show your really awful old posts to you. You guys can have your little romance though. Pretend you know anything about football to each other.
When did you become so arrogant? Seriously, you were once a poster that I almost always enjoyed reading and agreed with. Clearly you’ve changed.

1iowafn, until I needed a self imposed ban. When I came back I had a new email, so I changed names.

Nothing to hide here. Gonna give me the banhammer?

When did you become so arrogant? Seriously, you were once a poster that I almost always enjoyed reading and agreed with. Clearly you’ve changed.

Since this board lost its collective minds after the Michigan game. The entitlement of some of our “fans” is nauseating. The know-it-all’s who’ve never attended coaches clinics, coached two a days when it’s 90, set a depth chart, watched a kid give it all he’s got and then miss time due to injury who don’t know what goes on at practice or know which players work best together, know the plays, etc. but can matter-of-factly call the coaches idiots and players trash - that’s arrogance.

And as a reminder - we’ve lost by 7 in the Big House and by 5 to the #6 team in the nation. The “blue blood” to the west of us with many higher ranked players and a media darling head coach have lost to a team that got throttled by 42 to Oregon, ran off their own field by OSU, and were blown out by unranked Minnesota. THAT’S worth bitching about. I’d be calling for heads if KF let that happen. But he hasn’t. We’ve been within one play of winning against the big boys each of the last two weeks.

You say I’m “arrogant.” I say I have just a little bit of perspective.

Since this board lost its collective minds after the Michigan game. The entitlement of some of our “fans” is nauseating. The know-it-all’s who’ve never attended coaches clinics, coached two a days when it’s 90, set a depth chart, watched a kid give it all he’s got and then miss time due to injury who don’t know what goes on at practice or know which players work best together, know the plays, etc. but can matter-of-factly call the coaches idiots and players trash - that’s arrogance.

And as a reminder - we’ve lost by 7 in the Big House and by 5 to the #6 team in the nation. The “blue blood” to the west of us with many higher ranked players and a media darling head coach have lost to a team that got throttled by 42 to Oregon, ran off their own field by OSU, and were blown out by unranked Minnesota. THAT’S worth bitching about. I’d be calling for heads if KF let that happen. But he hasn’t. We’ve been within one play of winning against the big boys each of the last two weeks.

Well sir, I’ve been there and done that as well. Not just for football but for track and hockey as well. I coach jr. high football, coach little league, and also USA hockey certified in all levels from mini-mite up to HS travel select. In addition to that, I’m a personal goaltending coach for 3 local goaltenders. So I’ve been there to give and witness a lot of blood, sweat and tears. That doesn’t give me a right to name call or degrade anyone else and you certainly don’t have that right either!

Reactions: ctghawk

Your comments exceed beyond perspective- you should take a self imposed ban yourself.

She was brought into it giving support to Tyler Goodsen’s mom. Some loser, likely one of the usual suspect from this board texted Tyler and had uncomplimentary thing to say about his play and fumble. Mrs G lashed out. Mrs B and fans supported her.

Reactions: ctghawk

Your points are very debatable if your trying to justify people sending harassing messages to Iowa football players.

Point 2: that they receive a scholarship. Well they have a unique gift that is valued. It’s valued so much that people spends hundreds of dollars to watch them play and TV networks spend millions of dollars to broadcast. Moreover, the market value of their gift is artificially divorced from free market principles, so it’s hard to gauge if they actually under compensated.

The analogy to the military is nonsensical. Because some kids, who almost certainly couldn’t have played division 1 football, choose to join the military means other similar aged kids should tolerate harassment. Makes no sense.

Point 3: being a “fanatic” doesn’t give someone the right to harass people. That’s seems pretty common sense to me. And I don’t want to live in a society where saying hurtful things to people is ok as long as your fanatical.

Point 4: that’s fair. Social media is a double edged sword. You can promote yourself but you also open yourself to attack.

Reactions: FlickShagwell
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT