ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeye Women vs. Maryland

Just a complete embarrassment. They look like a bad junior high team right now. Can’t dribble, can’t complete a pass, panic, aren’t playing defense.....ugly.

Reactions: Im4Iowa
Awful game. Doyle has made soMe head scratching plays. Combined with lazy passes, no effort equals a woodshed beating

My biggest complaints after virtually every Iowa game, whether they win or lose, is that they are just a turnover machine, absolutely sloppy with passes, and they constantly pick up their dribble.

I love the team and they usually play hard with a lot of heart but dear God its frustrating watching them waste soooo many possessions.

They are also hands down the worst when it comes to having the last possession of a quarter/half.

That being said still love the team, hope they bounce back, at least they didn't just give up.

Also Maryland played ok defense, but the absolute bullshit no calls were a disgrace by the refs. Announcers gushing about suffocating D during a trap, um yeah when Iowa split it and gets hacked to shit and turns it over that's not called good D, that's called crap ass officiating. Iowa had a shitload of legit turnovers, but a ton were F'ing bullshit no calls.

Maryland seemed to get a lot of bounces their way also
Player dribbles into the lane and looses the ball between her legs only to pick it up as it rolls towards the basket and does a layup.

My biggest complaints after virtually every Iowa game, whether they win or lose, is that they are just a turnover machine, absolutely sloppy with passes, and they constantly pick up their dribble.

I love the team and they usually play hard with a lot of heart but dear God its frustrating watching them waste soooo many possessions.

They are also hands down the worst when it comes to having the last possession of a quarter/half.

That being said still love the team, hope they bounce back, at least they didn't just give up.

Also Maryland played ok defense, but the absolute bullshit no calls were a disgrace by the refs. Announcers gushing about suffocating D during a trap, um yeah when Iowa split it and gets hacked to shit and turns it over that's not called good D, that's called crap ass officiating. Iowa had a shitload of legit turnovers, but a ton were F'ing bullshit no calls.
They play too reckless at times.

It pays off enough (i.e. they get away with it enough) to give them the idea they should continue to play that way, and not shore some things up......

Look on the bright side it’s not possible for men’s and women’s team to play that bad on the same night!? Right!? Anyone!?
giphy.gif

Tough game to watch. Maryland is the better and more athletic team. But I hate when the refs just let some of these athletic teams run around and beat the heck out of the other team, all the while with the announcer saying how good their defense is. It's like playing Mich St for the men, they send athletic player after player at you and if the refs don't call it they will just beat you down.

Love the gals and what they are (over)achieving this year, but they can be easy to game plan for. They take the bait far too well into double-teams and then clog the passing lanes. They are prone to panic, and then become turn-over machines.

Lisa B’s teams have been notoriously high turnover machines over the years. Definitively a fly in her ointment as a Coach.

Lisa B’s teams have been notoriously high turnover machines over the years. Definitively a fly in her ointment as a Coach.
Yes, her teams have typically have been very sloppy with the ball, Dribbling and passing.

Tania Davis was very good at dribbling and not turning the ball over, partly because she's only 5'3:p Next year Caitlin Clark is 6', I wonder how well she dribbles.

I always cringed when Ally Disterhoft brought the ball up the court, with her 6' frame and loose handles.

I agree on Iowa's bad passes.
I agree on their last second possessions of quarter, half or game, i cannot remember the last time they scored and last night I was yelling at the tv do not go yet no no no and Doyle misses with 8 seconds left and they get an and one at the other end.
#15, the big and I mean big for MD pushes and bodies and shoves all night long with little consequence.

Reactions: hagarwood
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT