ADVERTISEMENT

Hawkeyes release preseason depth chart

Again, why didn’t some decommit last year? Why aren’t current players leaving with ease of transfer and a free covid year? The ‘22 class is going to be small and looking at the depth chart they are a young team. People are assuming it because they don’t like BF and maybe even KF. Show evidence.
Evidence of what? That players aren't committing because Iowa has too many good young players? That's just a nonsensical argument. These highly rated prospects have grown up being told they're the greatest thing since sliced bread and you argue the reason they're not committing is because they're afraid they can't grab a 2 deep spot from the players on the roster in the next couple of years. If anything the presence of sophomores and freshmen on the 2-deeps should embolden them to think that this could be them next year or the year after. FWIW, YOU are the guy that brought up the racial discrimination angle in this thread in the first place. Not me, but you seem to have a hard on about this so I'll waste more time trying to explain what most folks already understand.

I have nothing against Brian or Kirk and that's not driving this discussion. Kirk's one of the best coaches in the country. The verdict is still out on Brian. Is he a racist P.O.S. contributing to a toxic culture at Iowa? I have no idea and it's not even relevant to this particular discussion. What people like you and BBHAWK can't seem to get through your thick skulls is that it doesn't matter whether he is or not. It's out there. It made national news and was communicated by a group of recent and some current players. There is ongoing litigation. It's horrible publicity. If you believe that this hasn't been discussed with recruits you're beyond naive. If you believe that other schools wouldn't try to use this to their advantage you're clueless.

I never said that this one issue is the reason for this year's recruiting woes. The losses of Foster and Polasek along with the impacts of Covid and NIL are also contributing to and impacting the recruiting landscape. IMO, all of these issues are more likely impacting this year's recruiting moreso than the depth chart, but you keep believing that the young talent at Iowa is the reason why all of these prospects chose different destinations. It's simple and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. That works for people like you.

Last edited:
Evidence of what? That players aren't committing because Iowa has too many good young players? That's just a nonsensical argument. These highly rated prospects have grown up being told they're the greatest thing since sliced bread and you argue the reason they're not committing is because they're afraid they can't grab a 2 deep spot from the players on the roster in the next couple of years. If anything the presence of sophomores and freshmen on the 2-deeps should embolden them to think that this could be them next year or the year after. FWIW, YOU are the guy that brought up the racial discrimination angle in this thread in the first place. Not me, but you seem to have a hard on about this so I'll waste more time trying to explain what most folks already understand.

I have nothing against Brian or Kirk and that's not driving this discussion. Kirk's one of the best coaches in the country. The verdict is still out on Brian. Is he a racist P.O.S. contributing to a toxic culture at Iowa? I have no idea and it's not even relevant to this particular discussion. What people like you and BBHAWK can't seem to get through your thick skulls is that it doesn't matter whether he is or not. It's out there. It made national news and was communicated by a group of recent and some current players. There is ongoing litigation. It's horrible publicity. If you believe that this hasn't been discussed with recruits you're beyond naive. If you believe that other schools wouldn't try to use this to their advantage you're clueless.

I never said that this one issue is the reason for this year's recruiting woes. The losses of Foster and Polasek along with the impacts of Covid and NIL are also contributing to and impacting the recruiting landscape. IMO, all of these issues are more likely impacting this year's recruiting moreso than the depth chart, but you keep believing that the young talent at Iowa is the reason why all of these prospects chose different destinations. It's simple and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy. That works for people like you.
When looking at where other high-caliber recruits sign and the level of talent already on those rosters….

…we can be almost certain we’re not missing on our targeted recruits because of the current talent (this doesn’t mean I don’t think there is talent on the roster) - it would be silly to honestly believe this.

Reactions: RomanHawk and WSC72

I haven't replied to you in this thread until now nor have I said anything specific about Brian Ferentz in it.

Problem is with brian it’s almost to the point it doesn’t matter if it’s true or not. That the allegations made were enough to paint him as a racist and a bully by a lot of people. Is it fair? Obviously not. but the narrative is out there and teams are using it against Iowa for recruits.

There is an extra period to end the sentence in your post. Unless you were going for an ellipse, then you're short one.
You nailed the puncuation in your reply. The depth of mental focus required to achieve that is admirable. Good job.

Ok, but we’re talking 282. Not 295 or 290…282.

Seems awfully light to me is all.
I agree that is light, but Ince was honorable mention all B1G last year. It must not be an issue for Cody. He is likely at the weight Iowa wants him at to excel at his position.

I agree that is light, but Ince was honorable mention all B1G last year. It must not be an issue for Cody. He is likely at the weight Iowa wants him at to excel at his position.
I agree with this, and will add that some of Iowa's best offensive linemen have been <300 lbs. Their strength, agility, technique and heart made up for it.

When Kirk talks about a lineman’s abilities the way he has talked about Ince, I have no concern whatsoever what their weight is.

Reactions: Capeto and BBHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT