ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks in Minors

Mar 14, 2003
Instead of numerous threads on a player or players lets start another minors thread to keep track of things.

-Jake Adams is playing and has hit a HR.
-Mason McCoy has played in two games and is 1-7 hitting
-Ryan Erickson is with the AZL White Sox in rookie ball and has pitched one inning and giving up an earned run.
-Matt Dermody is still in AAA. He got roughed up to say the least the last time he got called up to Toronto.
-Jake Yacinich is with the Inland Empire 66ers
-Black Hickman is with Kannapolis currently, pitching well. I think he moves up to Winston-Salem IMO at some point.
-Joel Booker was just promoted to Winston-Salem.
-Nick Gallagher, I have not seen a thing on him yet.
-Eric Toole was released earlier in June it appears

Also...commits who signed and never came to Iowa.
-Derrick Loveless has worked his way up to AA
-Chris Comito was demoted to rookie league from A. He got pretty lit up in A this year.

I am sure I am missing a few either active or who have recently been released.

Ziegler is tearing it up so far. In 11 games he's hitting .383, .453 OB, 14 runs, 3 doubles, a triple, 2 home runs and 9 steals.

If he played 162 games at that pace he would have 206 runs, 265 hits, 44 doubles, 15 triples, 29 homers, 132 steals. Pretty ridiculous.

Roscetti is hitting .357 for Helena. Coleman .400 for Staten Island and Borucki is at Dunedin 3-4 4.08 68.1 IP, 81 K

Nick G. just signed on Monday, has a physical scheduled for today and will then report to A ball Mahoning Valley Scrappers in Niles,OH. New York-Penn league.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
As has been mentioned with Ziegler, it wouldn't have allowed Whelan to emerge probably. However, I don't even want to image what Ziegler would have done offensively for Iowa with what we already had.

-McCoy is hitting .360 in 25 at bats with 9 RBI's so far.
-Jake Yacinich is still with Inland Empire in Single A. He is hitting .278 on the year with 4 HR and 19 RBIs.

I might get some crap for saying this, but I think McCoy has a bigger professional upside compared to Adams. This is mainly due to his defensive skills. The real test will be once he gets promoted to Advanced A, especially if he can work his way to AA then we will see.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT