ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks on USFL Rosters?

Wait a minute Wadley isn't on a roster? Did KF blackball him from the USFL too? Or maybe he wasn't good enough.
If you saw Wadley play at Iowa, you know he's good enough for the NFL, let alone some spring league. Wadley is one of the top few backs ever to wear a Hawkeye uniform. The lawsuit thing can't change that fact. I'm disappointed with the legal action, but I'm far more mystified as to why Wadley isn't a starting slotback in the league. It makes no sense. If you watch much NFL, you know there are plenty of teams who don't have a single player as dynamic as Akrum Wadley. Man, I loved watching that guy play. Remember the ISU game? Remember NW? Remember the PSU game? Wadley was magic with the ball in his hands, plain and simple.

If you saw Wadley play at Iowa, you know he's good enough for the NFL, let alone some spring league. Wadley is one of the top few backs ever to wear a Hawkeye uniform. The lawsuit thing can't change that fact. I'm disappointed with the legal action, but I'm far more mystified as to why Wadley isn't a starting slotback in the league. It makes no sense. If you watch much NFL, you know there are plenty of teams who don't have a single player as dynamic as Akrum Wadley. Man, I loved watching that guy play. Remember the ISU game? Remember NW? Remember the PSU game? Wadley was magic with the ball in his hands, plain and simple.
So as long as he doesn't get hit, he's fine. But players in the NFL are bigger, faster and stronger. He never really got any bigger. The days of the sub 195 running back in the NFL are pretty much gone except for very, very few examples. Wadley wasn't in that group.

It takes more than skill to be in the NFL unfortunately. You have to mesh with the culture and fit into a teams puzzle. He’s definitely a skilled player, one of the best hawk RBs to ever do it. Just wasn’t cut out to make a roster

Reactions: 24 so far
Well the Titans and rest of the league disagree. I don't disagree on fact he was a great college player and even with things after I loved watching him while at Iowa. But he had his chance and didn't stick on a roster for various reasons and one not being KF. You look at over the years and see how many great college RBs that went to the NFL and 2-3 years later aren't on a roster anymore let alone a practice squad. Look at Goodson he's projected to be late rd to undrafted next week. No guarantee he makes a 53 man roster. As for being a slot WR there are so many more polished guys at that position who come out of college every year.

As for Spring league no clue why he's not playing. Maybe he gave up on football, maybe no one has interest in him, or he is not in football shape and holding out for his "Iowa lawsuit $". which good luck on that for him if that's the case...

Reactions: Hawktagonapus
N ot F or L ong
when you put the ball on the ground. Teams will pick the less talented player who doesn't fumble and can pick up the blitz.

@USFLStars: Roster Updates:

Free Agent Signings:
• DT Cedrick Lattimore, Iowa

Released:
• DE Gus Cumberlander, Oregon

Transferred to active roster:
• RB Paul Terry
• OLB James Crawford

Reactions: Mister Plow
Bumping this up for this year … any Hawks?

Also, this.

big boobs pron GIF

He also had more games where he did absoultely nothing and averaged less than 3 yards a carry. Every team has guys more explosive than him.

Because he was 175 lbs soaking wet with less than perfect ball security.

Average NFL RBs are a dime a dozen anymore, and even with their incredibly short shelf life, giving a guy that small a significant amount of action is asking for him to get demolished.

His top-end speed negates his shiftiness

Reactions: cmhawks99
Well the Titans and rest of the league disagree. I don't disagree on fact he was a great college player and even with things after I loved watching him while at Iowa. But he had his chance and didn't stick on a roster for various reasons and one not being KF. You look at over the years and see how many great college RBs that went to the NFL and 2-3 years later aren't on a roster anymore let alone a practice squad. Look at Goodson he's projected to be late rd to undrafted next week. No guarantee he makes a 53 man roster. As for being a slot WR there are so many more polished guys at that position who come out of college every year.

As for Spring league no clue why he's not playing. Maybe he gave up on football, maybe no one has interest in him, or he is not in football shape and holding out for his "Iowa lawsuit $". which good luck on that for him if that's the case...
Wadley did play in the AAF in 2019 or 2020. Just like with his opportunities in the NFL, he played a little bit, didn’t do much, and was injured shortly after the start of the season. He was a very good Iowa back, but either had really bad luck or just wasn’t good enough to separate himself from all the really good players on pro rosters.

Reactions: cmhawks99
His top-end speed negates his shiftiness
Yes the reality is our fans thought he was way faster than he was. Now to be fair, his vision and shiftiness equated to great in field speed and athleticism but ball security and size couldn’t offset that…

Funny, that’s another old Iowa football thought process (who cares if he fumbles some) …..ah well, pretty much EVERY NFL coach in existence!

I watched a little of the Pittsburgh vs New Orleans game yesterday and it couldn’t hold my attention. Never heard of a single player. Also the attendance looked like they were still under covid rules-non existent and they were piping in crowd noise for tv.

Yes the reality is our fans thought he was way faster than he was. Now to be fair, his vision and shiftiness equated to great in field speed and athleticism but ball security and size couldn’t offset that…

Funny, that’s another old Iowa football thought process (who cares if he fumbles some) …..ah well, pretty much EVERY NFL coach in existence!
But...watch some of the Fry-era games, with guys like Blatcher fumbling 2 or 3 times--in one game!--and it makes me wonder why KF seems over-the-top about sitting guys after a fumble.

But...watch some of the Fry-era games, with guys like Blatcher fumbling 2 or 3 times--in one game!--and it makes me wonder why KF seems over-the-top about sitting guys after a fumble.

It seems to me, in the 70s & 80s ball security didn’t seem to be a big deal, oddly. If you remember watching the real Campbell and Walter Payton, they carry the ball in their hand in away from their body all the time.

As the study of metrics became a bigger deal in sports & society as a whole. I think they begin to realize that dropping the ball on the turf greatly hampered your ability to win!

It seems to me, in the 70s & 80s ball security didn’t seem to be a big deal, oddly. If you remember watching the real Campbell and Walter Payton, they carry the ball in their hand in away from their body all the time.

As the study of metrics became a bigger deal in sports & society as a whole. I think they begin to realize that dropping the ball on the turf greatly hampered your ability to win!
Walter had 30 fumbles his first 3 years, that was 41 games

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT