ADVERTISEMENT

Hawks wide receiver depth chart concerns

It's pretty wild that Bostick left... he would have been a big piece to the offense this year. Makes you wonder what was going on, but at least he didn't end up at ISU.

I went to the TAMU spring game and while they have some WR talent (even after losing the former #1 WR Evan Stewart to portal) they have very good talent at QB. Weigman, Henderson and Reed would be dream QB’s for us. And Weigman is a RS Soph.

They probably threw some NIL money at him as well.

Reactions: jerbob36
I went to the TAMU spring game and while they have some WR talent (even after losing the former #1 WR Evan Stewart to portal) they have very good talent at QB. Weigman, Henderson and Reed would be dream QB’s for us. And Weigman is a RS Soph.

I mean, they always have outstanding talent. Football teams on the other hand…

The last few years you would have been correct. Two years ago it might have been the worst in FBS. It was somewhat difficult to evaluate the position group last year given the completely broken offense and QB situation. This year's group won't likely set the world on fire either, but it's got potential to be middling. Brown showed he could be a weapon the second half of last season and has the potential to be a breakout player under the new OC and less than horrendous QB play. Somebody else is going to have to step up as a solid #2 option. I'm reasonably optimistic that someone out of that group can get there.
I am in the same boat with how I feel.

There is stuff to work with. A lot of it is semi-unproven but there is some athleticism there. I am big on Washington after seeing him at RB a little. Has great feet so I think he could be a real sleeper for a breakout player this year.

Brown and Anderson should be licking their chops as they are going to get force fed the ball I believe. If you go back to Lesters time at previous schools, he gets his best targets the ball A LOT.

All of this and we aren't even taking into consideration the targets that Lachey and the TE's will get.

I just don't think we are in a desperate situation at all.

Reactions: hawkeyemark18
I am in the same boat with how I feel.

There is stuff to work with. A lot of it is semi-unproven but there is some athleticism there. I am big on Washington after seeing him at RB a little. Has great feet so I think he could be a real sleeper for a breakout player this year.

Brown and Anderson should be licking their chops as they are going to get force fed the ball I believe. If you go back to Lesters time at previous schools, he gets his best targets the ball A LOT.

All of this and we aren't even taking into consideration the targets that Lachey and the TE's will get.

I just don't think we are in a desperate situation at all.
Hope we can get our QB an extra second over what they had last season.

So a couple guys like getting paid to wait?

Reactions: BirdistheWord
I'm willing to give Lester a chance before mocking our offense. At the very least, he is willing to throw the ball downfield, and that's something that rarely happened.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT